Changing The Mind

AlexLah

Dear all,

As a foreigner, looking at the political and general situation Thailand is in, I wonder if with the recent protests and convictions of corrupted officials , Thailand is now ready for a fundamental change in mindset.

Watching ASTV and they not only discuss the corruption cases but also talk about a fundamental change in thinking and acting.

I discuss this and other things with the people at my office and they admitt they are tired with all the bribery and corruption.

And agree to get rid of it, whatever it takes.

Are the Thai people finaly waking up and realise that it is needed to take out the elite corupted Pro Thaksin supporters?

Are the Thai people willing to stop the Mai Pen Rai/ Thai culture excuse?

Alex

(Sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes, I am not a native speaker).

It's highly recommended to change your mind daily; it's the best hygienic habit that people should learn to adopt more often :o

but for people who suffers from mind-bullshitting; I do recommend getting a mind-detox treatment.

Edited by zaza

^ Good answer, I should try that, however to Alex I have to say that in all likelihood it will take fundamental shifts in the political 'class' mindset to allow the environment to be sufficiently conducive to change and that I don't see happening for some while yet. If the Democrats actually started acting like a political party and connecting to the electorate {not just preaching to the converted} then such a sea change could occur.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

....To get to the root of the corruption amongst Politicians and Goverment, you would first have to establish a tottaly free media in Thailand (which at present is none) then recruit some journalists with "backbone" and expose these people to the general population........that said it willtake many years for the Thais to realise that what there watching is actually free media as many of them are blissfully unaware that they do not live in a free society.

Edited by dee123

Dear all,

As a foreigner, looking at the political and general situation Thailand is in, I wonder if with the recent protests and convictions of corrupted officials , Thailand is now ready for a fundamental change in mindset.

Watching ASTV and they not only discuss the corruption cases but also talk about a fundamental change in thinking and acting.

I discuss this and other things with the people at my office and they admitt they are tired with all the bribery and corruption.

Are the Thai people finaly waking up and realise that it is needed to take out the elite corupted Pro Thaksin supporters?

Alex

In short not a chance.

Thai are very boastful of never being taken over by a foreign empire whilst at the same time ignoring historical facts such as its ( understandable) non resistance to the Japanese demands in WW2 and of course its "agreements with the USA" at the end of WW2.

The silent invasion over the year's of people of chinese origin who's decendants are now key payers in Thai Politics and business's are also an inconvienient truth for some thais.

There is more than a little truth in the old expression " he who pays the piper calls the tune" particlarly in LOS.

Unfortunately the main religion in the LOS promotes acceptance of, rather than to seek to challenge, against this background the rich have got richer and the poor have got poorer.

The rich are in control and are unlikely to welcome education/change which will undermine, what to them is presumably a system that has served them well over the years.

If it snt broken why fix it seems to be the way those in Authority see things in LOS.

I am sure other will have different opinions

Roy Gsd

AlexLah:

My staff is very sensitive. And they refuse to bribe. (We lost some money, normally you give purchase managers or technicians some money).

they go every evening to the mob.

One good friend and good customer in a different company reports that there noone take any notice of it, don't care, not interested in politics.....

...TV stations and similar media will all say they are "independent" but until the Thai goverment sets up an independent broadcasting authority which has no axe to grind or commercial body to satisfy Thai people will remain totally confused.You ask if we we think the time has come a corner turned, well the answer is definately NO. Unfortuneately what generally happens is the corner is turned when its too late,like troops on the street again. ......PLEASE EVERYONE DO NOT POST ANY POLITICAL QUESTIONS ON THAIVISA UNLESS IT ADDRESSES FREEDOM OF PRESS.........OTHERWISE IT IS WORTHLESS.

In answer to the OP I'd like to say yes, err I mean no. Um yes no, no I mean yes. Yes, no, yes, no, yes, yes definately yes, or is it no? mmmm.

Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, oh I'm just not sure now. What was the question again? :o

Dear all,

Alex

May be, or for the time being. When everything settle down, probably go back to the same excuses.

Need lot of changes and time. Glad that the people went to protest at the Bangkok Police Headquarter.

One thing for sure if the police stop me here in the US they won't bribe me for money. :o

No they will not bribe you, maybe night stick you down like a dog, or peper spray you or heck maybe even shoot you. But bribe, NEVER.

This is not to say I love thailand.... or all things america are bad.... not the case at all, bottom line is, I would rather be in america...

land of the home, free and over taxed.

Edited by Dakhar

Useless, because another elite corrupted group will simply replace them.

In answer to the OP I'd like to say yes, err I mean no. Um yes no, no I mean yes. Yes, no, yes, no, yes, yes definately yes, or is it no? mmmm.

Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, no, Yes, oh I'm just not sure now. What was the question again? :o

So your the person that as in front of me in foodland on my last visit?:D:D

Roy Gsd

I believe that many thais have a pretty good idea about politics. However they all seem disillusioned, not believing that it matters how they vote. Vote with the highest bidder. 500 baht is usually enough for a vote. Maybe they are right? Maybe all thai politicians are the same? Switching sides constantly. Who knows?