Greek Restaurant In Pattaya

foxxx

I don't know of any Greek restaurants in Pattaya. The closest in terms of cuisine/geography I can come up with is a very good Turkish restaurant called Al la Turka. They have 2 locations, the original one in that mess of a shop/entertainment complex adajacent to soi 6 on 2nd road (where there is prominent "Fashion Club" sign by the road - it's towards the back on the left side next to a Korean restaurant) and there is a smaller branch on Walking Street (on the left side not far up from the start of WS).

If one did open here in Pattaya i think it would be quite popular,

but it would have to include music & dancing with good old fashioned plate smashing!

Even in BKK there is only one Greek restaurant that I am aware of. As you mention the dish smashing, my ex-gf enjoyed it a lot...only later we learned that it was 10 Baht per dish.... :o

thanks guys, yeah thought as much, i hadn't see one anywhere. i miss this great greek restaurant in Australia run by a really nice greek guy, and funnily enough his thai wife!

Maybe next time you visit his restaurant, try and persuade him to open one up over here!

Chiang Mai had one pretty good Greek place, but the guy insisted on prices about 40% higher than most other restaurants of simular quality and ended up going out of business and being chased out of town by angry creditors.

I always wondered how he would have done with more typical prices. :o

But in Thailand nothing.

Bangkok has a couple Greek restaurants. Used to be one up near Ekamai called Athena. Took a Greek American friend there once and he said it was very good and authentic. This was maybe 10 years ago so don't know if it's still there. Also, Olive at Wireless Center (and maybe another branch or 2 around town) is quite good for Greek fast food type fare.

But in Thailand nothing.

Bangkok has a couple Greek restaurants. Used to be one up near Ekamai called Athena. Took a Greek American friend there once and he said it was very good and authentic. This was maybe 10 years ago so don't know if it's still there. Also, Olive at Wireless Center (and maybe another branch or 2 around town) is quite good for Greek fast food type fare.

That's the one where I have been. Very good food indeed. Is it closed? That would be a loss!

I have been to Pattaya 8 times. I was born in america but all 4 of my grandparents came from greece. Grew up with a lot of greeks and greek food in the New England area (mostly in Rhode Island).

I ate at one of the middle eastern places once in pattay and it was ok. had some decent rice pilaf but nothing really greek.

On second road between soi 7 and soi 8 there is a bar called the "Athens Bar" I think. I probably walked by it 600 times but never stopped in. Always wondered if the owner was a greek.

I think a Greek restaurant would be a big hit, especially if they have some entertainment, the belly dancer, the guys balancing tables, the dancing in the aisles, etc.

If you ever get a chance and you are in the Los Angeles California area, check out the Papadakis Tavern down in San Pedro, the south side of Los Angeles. Great food that is so rich you might die before leaving the place/. The food is a bit pricey, but they put on a pretty good show.

Oh I miss thailand. It is coming up on four months since I was last there, and my ticket buying is getting itchy to push the "buy" button and head on over.

• 6 months later...
If one did open here in Pattaya i think it would be quite popular,

but it would have to include music & dancing with good old fashioned plate smashing!

Even in BKK there is only one Greek restaurant that I am aware of. As you mention the dish smashing, my ex-gf enjoyed it a lot...only later we learned that it was 10 Baht per dish.... :o

Used to be, they closed it about 2 years ago, maybe less, so not anymore. The food, per greek standards, sucked big time anyway, so no waste

There is no Greek restaurant in Pattaya. Have always wondered why

:o

It's too bad, really; Greek food is delicious! I've enjoyed it in (Greece a long time ago, and back home in) America from Boston (Maine, one summer...?) to Florida, on the East coast, and a bit in other locations between there and one memorable meal one time in Sand Diego. The dips, sauces, salads, and dishes like pastichio & moussaka are all amazing but, if you ask me, to have a a good Greek restaurant, you gotta hava lotta lamb! Maybe nobody's opened a Greek restaurant here because the cost of lamb is pretty high, so the prices of the many of the dishes would havta be pretty high, too. And, in a location like Pattaya, that's not the best place to start your planning when contemplating a new restaurant!

:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looks like a good business opportunity for somebody -- just has to have the right location.........and access to a good plate factory........

The china market behind Big C North Pattaya have the cheap plates, so all that's needed is a location...

• 1 year later...
Apparently there is one just off Soi Buckhaw

http://www.halfwayinnpattaya.com/

I am not sure how good they will be though as after reading their menu it doesnt really seem authentic, especially the pork for the souvlaki! It should really be beef or lamb. May just stick to the turkish or lebo places!!

If they can't make this, they should shut their doors or not even start:

post-99053-1269223778_thumb.jpg

Apparently there is one just off Soi Buckhaw

http://www.halfwayinnpattaya.com/

I am not sure how good they will be though as after reading their menu it doesnt really seem authentic, especially the pork for the souvlaki! It should really be beef or lamb. May just stick to the turkish or lebo places!!

One of my Buddies tried that place some weeks ago and mentioned that it was terrible. I haven't been there, but the menu itself looks not very promising.

Cheers