Return Of The Poppy

sabaijai

Return of the poppy

Bangkok Post

By Subin Khuenkaew

Contrary to the popular belief that the illegal growing of opium has dwindled in Thailand, the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) reports the opposite is true for this source of heroin.

Authorities are having a tough time suppressing narcotics in the North, with illegal opium poppy fields increasing but being better hidden and a new breed of high-yield poppy being grown.

Pitaya Jinawat, the deputy secretary-general of the ONCB, told a recent workshop on opium control in Chiang Mai that in the past two years the poppy growing areas in Southeast Asia had decreased, except in Burma and Thailand, where more is being grown.

full story

Well if they are growing again it is being done on the quiet.

most hill tribe people over the age of 25 will tell you that they spent their youth in a poppy field and it was just normal village life.

now that there are no more poppy fields, most spend their youth in another way........ :o

but the point being that even if it is around- it is not even the slightest fraction of what it used to be.

Return of the poppy

Does anyone have a number for Amy Winehouse, Pete Doerhty and Kate Moss for that matter. Between the 3 of them they could exhaust Thailand's entire production of Poppy in about 2 weeks. If they end up six foot under it might leave space in the news for some decent behaving youths that my daughters might be able to look up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the raw dried sap of this medicinal plant, used in moderation, is the best remedy for Asian diarrhea and made strenuous travel in the early days very pleasant, as well as a good sleep enhancer!

I've read somewhere...

Edited by Samuian

the raw dried sap of this medicinal plant, used in moderation, is the best remedy for Asian diarrhea and made strenuous travel in the early days very pleasant, as well as a good sleep enhancer!

I've read somewhere...

It's also what the British were selling in China and then had a big war over, resulting in them getting HK.

When heroin was made illegal, Australian doctors protested the ban labeling it 'inhuman' because of the drugs use in child birth.

I've read somewhere...

Imodium (Loperamide) is an opioid drug used to control diarrhea. It does not affect the central nervous system like other opioids, it only moderates intestinal wall movement to slow down frequency of bowel movements. Side effects include drowsiness.

A very useful opioid that prolonged use of won't create tolerance and addiction. No recreational use unless you're into that kind of thing, but it isolates the medicinal quality of the opium poppy.

The way the worlds economy seems to be heading there will be a lot of people with time on there hand,

Smack may be the way to go, as long as they have it junkies dont worry about much.

when was the last time you saw an overweight smackhead solve the worlds food shortage.

keep the worlds young stoned as long as they have there drugs they are kittens, the problem

comes when they have to get money to score.Give it for free.

It makes men impotent might help solve the over population problem.

So there you go 3 problems solved give them smack.

I've read somewhere...

Imodium (Loperamide) is an opioid drug used to control diarrhea.

Didn't I say so?

Back in the days when the drug craze hasn't reached street level, Opium-Tincture was available for these and other ailments in Pharmacies across Germany.

Till.... people started to abuse these substances, for "recreational purpose". :o