Rain........

bmw

the external temp gage on the truck was reading 26 degrees at 4pm, but the humidity was high.

BTW, it just rained a few minutes ago....

I can see that, out yer windscreen :D

boom boom :D

hasnt stopped raining here all day - Did I say - I love it! :o it took me half the time to get to my office today as no motorbikes were around :D

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was some b*tching rain and thunder. =)

Counted some 10 within just 50m(!) from the house, all with the distict sound of 'frying eggs' second before the lightning 'strike' (acctually, meets, since it comes from both clouds and earth and meet...) before the light and thunder came...thunder that was felt across the chest.

I remember a trip home from Thailand a few years back, in the end of May...was bad weather all the way back to europe, so no movies, no nothing, seatbelt on for 9 out of 11h of flight and constant shaking and bumps. We once fell free so hard to wine, drinks, food got scattared over the place...since it was right during dinner shortly after takeoff.

As I said to them back home...you haven't experienced rain and thunder until you have experience pre-monsun-weather... :]

Sorry, the crystal ball is in the shop :o

Truthfully, during this time of year, the weather is impossble to predict, even during the same day.

Anyway, for what it's worth, here is the 5-day forecast for Chiang Mai

Updated: 7:00 AM ICT on May 17, 2005

Wednesday

Thunderstorm. High: 91° F / 33° C Wind SSE 4 mph / 7 km/h

Wednesday Night

Partly Cloudy. Low: 73° F / 23° C Wind SW 2 mph / 3 km/h

Thursday

Thunderstorm. High: 93° F / 34° C Wind SSE 2 mph / 3 km/h

Thursday Night

Thunderstorm. Low: 73° F / 23° C Wind NE 2 mph / 3 km/h

Friday

Thunderstorm. High: 87° F / 31° C Wind ESE 4 mph / 7 km/h

Friday Night

Thunderstorm. Low: 75° F / 24° C Wind NE 2 mph / 3 km/h

Saturday

Thunderstorm. High: 78° F / 26° C Wind North 4 mph / 7 km/h

Saturday Night

Rain. Low: 71° F / 22° C Wind NW 4 mph / 7 km/h

Sunday

Thunderstorm. High: 77° F / 25° C Wind West 2 mph / 3 km/h

Sunday Night

Chance of a Thunderstorm. Low: 71° F / 22° C Wind WSW 4 mph / 7 km/h

Monday

Chance of a Thunderstorm. High: 77° F / 25° C Wind WSW 4 mph / 7 km/h

Monday Night

Thunderstorm. Low: 71° F / 22° C Wind West 4 mph / 7 km/h

In which esteemed establishment are you taking shelter Matt?

I didn't know there were any open at this time of day...  :o

:D

I am actually in my Condo that overlooks Cowboy.

Thee are a couple of places open there like the Ship Inn that is a regular Pub.

Yesterday morning here at Laem Chabang we had a good 45 minute thunderstorm with some very welcome rain... and it's looking very threatening again now. :D

I just hope that Lake Mabrachan gets a heap of runoff... the town water supply in Pattaya has been turned off for 6 consecutive days now... everyone is having to buy their water from those water trucks. :o

I was a bit south of Nakorn Sawan yesterday, about 2pm on hiway 32(?). This huge windstorm came up, and I pulled over. In about 1 minute, it had broken off numerous smaller trees at the trunk and numerous other large branches broken off. Like something out of the wizard of oz, with stuff flying around, radical temp/humidity/pressure changes... Truly a wild scene. I think I almost found God :o

About an hour later, on my way back north (to CM), I noticed that this destruction was focused over only less than a kilometer, with less damage for a few k's before, and after...

Anyone have an idea, or did anyone see something in the news about it yesterday?

Thanks for the info Ajarn....  Looks like we might get wet on Monday... :D

Ah well it just gives me another excuse for a bad round!

Not an Adventure Travel Kind-of-guy? :o

Gotta watch that lightening on a golf course, though, huh?

Wow, that really could be an adventure :D

Not a golf player, but as a former biker, some of my best memories are from sitting in a roadside sala during a downpour.... A great part of life here, in my book.

I don't really have a book

Edited by Ajarn

I was a bit south of Nakorn Sawan yesterday, about 2pm on hiway 32(?). This huge windstorm came up, and I pulled over. In about 1 minute, it had broken off numerous smaller trees at the trunk and numerous other large branches broken off. Like something out of the wizard of oz, with stuff flying around, radical temp/humidity/pressure changes... Truly a wild scene. I think I almost found God :o

About an hour later, on my way back north (to CM), I noticed that this destruction was focused over only less than a kilometer, with less damage for a few k's before, and after...

Anyone have an idea, or did anyone see something in the news about it yesterday?

No haven't seen any news........you are luck this time......thanks gods.....smile.