Pain Free Dentistry !

mommysboy

:o Well maybe not. BUT compared to my youthful experiences trips to the dentist are a breeze these days. 20 and 30 years ago I often the dentists in a state of shock, having metaphorically hit the ceiling numerous times.

So why is it easy these days? got the deep work over with? better novacaine? better equipment? lady dentists? Thai dentists more adept generally?

Or is it about time ?, in the UK NHS dentists simply don't have it.

Any bod know?

Obviously, techniques, instruments and no doubt Novocaine has improved through the years.

However I had two root canals done at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital with one of their leading, highly recommended dentists, and while I didn't exactly hit the ceiling, it wasn't a very pleasant experience.

Then I went to the dental hospital in Bangkok for two more root canals, and the difference in pain/comfort levels was amazing. I didn't feel a thing and it was almost a pleasant experience :o

I reckon it has a lot to do with the skill and care of the dentist. Even things like poking around in your mouth and putting objects in to keep it open or your tongue out of the way can be done with care and with no pain or discomfort, or can be most uncomfortable because the dentist, and/ or the assistant don't seem to be aware (or care) that they are causing discomfort.

I highly recommend the dental hospital on Soi 49 - it is by far the best dental place I have ever been to in my life and they seem to have the best dentists in Thailand.

I no longer dread a trip to a dentist. Gone are the days of painful injections and the agony of filling replacements.

I recently had my last wisdom tooth pulled by a slightly built Thai lady dentist. What I thought was her dabbing the area with a cotton bud turned out to be the injections, and she easily pried the tooth out. No fuss, no pain and minimal collateral damage.

It sure made a change from the old days in Oz when I had to endure 2 dental assistants firmly holding my head while the dentist roughly extracted the wisdom teeth with what felt like a pair of linesman’s pliers, followed by days recovering from bruised shoulders, a nearly broken jaw and gum damage.

Edited by Farma

I no longer dread a trip to a dentist. Gone are the days of painful injections and the agony of filling replacements.

I recently had my last wisdom tooth pulled by a slightly built Thai lady dentist. What I thought was her dabbing the area with a cotton bud turned out to be the injections, and she easily pried the tooth out. No fuss, no pain and minimal collateral damage.

It sure made a change from the old days in Oz when I had to endure 2 dental assistants firmly holding my head while the dentist roughly extracted the wisdom teeth with what felt like a pair of linesman’s pliers, followed by days recovering from bruised shoulders, a nearly broken jaw and gum damage.

that's a pretty graphic example of what I meant, and I'm inclined to believe that female dentists are just better when it comes to handling patients and making decisions based on pain reduction. But just female dentists, or Thai ones in particular?

I wonder too: is that novocaine or cocaine that they use? I came out feeling alittle ebullient, which really isn't appropriate !!! Not complaining though.

I had deep peridontal cleaning (two sessions) 10 cavities filled, 11 crowns some with post and build up, 4 root canals and an extraction in three weeks going almost every day. Place a block down Asoke from Soi Cowboy, Dental Design Clinic. Almost robotic efficiency, light touch, the ladies are excellent. I did'nt even know when she'd pulled the tooth, almost fell asleep in the chair a number of times. Just amazing compared to experiences of my youth. Good rates too. http://www.dentaldesignclinic-lab.com/

I had deep peridontal cleaning (two sessions) 10 cavities filled, 11 crowns some with post and build up, 4 root canals and an extraction in three weeks going almost every day. Place a block down Asoke from Soi Cowboy, Dental Design Clinic. Almost robotic efficiency, light touch, the ladies are excellent. I did'nt even know when she'd pulled the tooth, almost fell asleep in the chair a number of times. Just amazing compared to experiences of my youth. Good rates too. http://www.dentaldesignclinic-lab.com/

the evidence is starting to look overwhelming.

I think though in the west patient comfort is starting to be top of the list judging from a recent conversation with someone living there.

I think though in the west patient comfort is starting to be top of the list judging from a recent conversation with someone living there.

A familiar problem raised it's head today: I had the injection it froze my lip edge of tongue and jaw, but I could still feel the pain of the drilling on the 3 areas I had treated.

I've had this scenario a number of times over countless years with several dentists.

Anybody know how this happens and what can be done to counteract this problem?

One dentist suggested that I may have an irregular pattern of nerves making it very difficult to freeze a targeted tooth.

A familiar problem raised it's head today: I had the injection it froze my lip edge of tongue and jaw, but I could still feel the pain of the drilling on the 3 areas I had treated.

I've had this scenario a number of times over countless years with several dentists.

Anybody know how this happens and what can be done to counteract this problem?

One dentist suggested that I may have an irregular pattern of nerves making it very difficult to freeze a targeted tooth.

my friend in Thailand has the appointment with the denist every weekend. it is a painful thing for him to do it. sometimes they didn't fix it properly so he have to go there again.. :o