Pattaya Smoking Regulations

LtCol

Reading several posts on a vaiety of subjects & in some 'no smoking' has been mentioned. Haven't been in Pattaya for about a year & although I occasionaaly puff a Cigar & if I don't have one it is not a problem , gone over a year without one while travelling . But, my better half does smoke & when I mentioned it sounds as if there is a smoking ban on , she who is the Boss wanted me to find out more..

Any info please , couldn't Google up much

:o

Replying to my own post , have just found a heap of posts & it has just made it more confusing than ever. We have NEVER smoked in a Restaraunt , but it seems that the niteclubs & Bars are out as well????

How's Lams House of Rock & The Blues Factory , that type of Venue affected . ???

smoking in one-way streets on odd calendar days is prohibited too (i think) :o

Ho ! Ho ! Ho !

But what if you are running on Walking Street??????????????

Love Levity it is such an assistance , just makes you want to rely on ex pats genuine advice.....eh what !

:D

Replying to my own post , have just found a heap of posts & it has just made it more confusing than ever. We have NEVER smoked in a Restaraunt , but it seems that the niteclubs & Bars are out as well????

How's Lams House of Rock & The Blues Factory , that type of Venue affected . ???

You cant smoke in any Government buildings, no bars or clubs with Air cons or enclosed buildings or any bars with no smoking stickers on the premises. No smoking where any food is eaten or prepared and no smoking at any markets. There is a B2,000.00 for anyone caught by the police of security. There is also a B2,000.00 fine for throwing your cigarette butt on the ground. So there you have it

smoking in one-way streets on odd calendar days is prohibited too (i think) :o

But what if you are running on Walking Street??????????????

walking street was not a one-way street last time (>2 years ago) i was there. smoking should be allowed :D

The reality is that most bars (including gogo's) will let you smoke, if you ask. You may have to use a Lippo bottle or a Coke can as a tikiaburee in the aircon places, but still it is allowed.

I am glad you don't smoke in restaurants, because as a fervent smoker, and a stickler for smokers' rights, I still don't believe we should smoke in restaurants.

It's still a bit confused at the moment, as nobody seems to know exactly what the law is. Some open bars won't let you smoke, whereas some enclosed aircon bars blatantly have ashtrays everywhere.

PM me for a list in Pattaya, don't want idiots like ClaytonSeymour calling the grass hotline :o

• Like 1

The reality is that most bars (including gogo's) will let you smoke, if you ask. You may have to use a Lippo bottle or a Coke can as a tikiaburee in the aircon places, but still it is allowed.

I am glad you don't smoke in restaurants, because as a fervent smoker, and a stickler for smokers' rights, I still don't believe we should smoke in restaurants.

It's still a bit confused at the moment, as nobody seems to know exactly what the law is. Some open bars won't let you smoke, whereas some enclosed aircon bars blatantly have ashtrays everywhere.

PM me for a list in Pattaya, don't want idiots like ClaytonSeymour calling the grass hotline :D

Not Blues Factory i'm afraid YET. :o

PM me for a list in Pattaya, don't want idiots like ClaytonSeymour calling the grass hotline :o

funniest line i have read on here in a long time, lets not forget the idiots who dont even live here.

Reading several posts on a vaiety of subjects & in some 'no smoking' has been mentioned. Haven't been in Pattaya for about a year & although I occasionaaly puff a Cigar & if I don't have one it is not a problem , gone over a year without one while travelling . But, my better half does smoke & when I mentioned it sounds as if there is a smoking ban on , she who is the Boss wanted me to find out more..

Any info please , couldn't Google up much

:o

I don't know why you need to smoke for, just sit on any street and inhale all the exaust fumes from all

the cars what go by it is cheaper and legal. By the way I am a smoker as well :D

What beach? I got fined 2000 bath for smoking on Pattaya beach

I suspect that was NOT for Smoking, more likely because you threw down the butt when you finished or flicked it into the sea. It is called LITTERING and the fine has been 2,000 Baht for about 5 years or more.

They got a friend in Bangkok. Saw him smoking and followed him until he finished and threw the end away, then they pounced. EASY MONEY !!!

On a more serious side, I read on another forum that several Darkside Bars (East of Sukhunvit in Pattaya) were raided and people SMOKING OUTSIDE the bars, sitting in the porch, were fined and the bars closed for 30 Days for the infringemnt.

What beach? I got fined 2000 bath for smoking on Pattaya beach

I suspect that was NOT for Smoking, more likely because you threw down the butt when you finished or flicked it into the sea. It is called LITTERING and the fine has been 2,000 Baht for about 5 years or more.

They got a friend in Bangkok. Saw him smoking and followed him until he finished and threw the end away, then they pounced. EASY MONEY !!!

On a more serious side, I read on another forum that several Darkside Bars (East of Sukhunvit in Pattaya) were raided and people SMOKING OUTSIDE the bars, sitting in the porch, were fined and the bars closed for 30 Days for the infringemnt.

Probably goes down as the silliest post of the year.

Nobody has ever been fined for littering in Pattaya, although I have heard its popular in BKK. The poster you were replying to was making a joke about 'smoking', not smoking.

The bars on the darkside were closed due to staying open after midnight, which allegedly is the law over there as they are outside Pattaya. Nobody got fined or closed for smoking. It later transpired that this after hours crackdown had something to do with a policeman opening a new bar on soi Kao Noi, and blatantly closing down the competition for a while.

I am sure this policy will come back and bite him on the arse, as will posting inane misinformed drivel.

It is my impression that most customers respect the law and refrain from smoking inside bars. There are a few people who seem to think the rules don't apply to them, they light up with an impression of "anyone better not try to stop me" while everyone around them look angry at them. So far some bar owners still don't have the balls to throw them out but everything in good time. Eventually everyone will learn.

It is my impression that most customers respect the law and refrain from smoking inside bars. There are a few people who seem to think the rules don't apply to them, they light up with an impression of "anyone better not try to stop me" while everyone around them look angry at them. So far some bar owners still don't have the balls to throw them out but everything in good time. Eventually everyone will learn.

Not anytime soon Phil. Always ask before lighting up, and they will bring some form of recepticle to use as an ashtray.

Saorosa is the worst offender by far, but he always asks first. If they say no, then we drink up and leave. I think even I would get p1ssed off if someone just walked in and lit up, a little courtesy costs nothing.

BTW, do you still have the picture of the Madonna with the big boobies? :o

Always ask before lighting up, and they will bring some form of recepticle to use as an ashtray.

I think even I would get p1ssed off if someone just walked in and lit up, a little courtesy costs nothing.

So....do you ask permission from all the drinkers in the bar or do you only ask the bar staff?

....and should the BIB decide to impose a fine on the bar owner for allowing you to smoke in the bar, would you offer to pay the fine?

Always ask before lighting up, and they will bring some form of recepticle to use as an ashtray.

I think even I would get p1ssed off if someone just walked in and lit up, a little courtesy costs nothing.

So....do you ask permission from all the drinkers in the bar or do you only ask the bar staff?

....and should the BIB decide to impose a fine on the bar owner for allowing you to smoke in the bar, would you offer to pay the fine?

No

and

no.

Why do you always stalk these smoking threads? I think you have a secret desire to become a smoker, but your wife won't let you.

can't stand people like that! In mine customers will be asked to put it out if not then they go out with the fags. :o (only whilst the ban is in place of course)

Edited by davethailand

Saorosa is the worst offender by far, but he always asks first. If they say no, then we drink up and leave. I think even I would get p1ssed off if someone just walked in and lit up, a little courtesy costs nothing.

OI!!!

No

and

no.

Why do you always stalk these smoking threads? I think you have a secret desire to become a smoker, but your wife won't let you.

Your answer 'no' and 'no' shows that you are the same arrogant law breaker that you were many months ago and you still like to brag about it. No wonder some smokers have such a bad name.

Perhaps if you take the time to count the number of posts that you have made in this thread to the number that I have made, you'll get a better understanding who the real 'stalker' is.

No

and

no.

Your answer 'no' and 'no' shows that you are the same arrogant law breaker that you were many months ago and you still like to brag about it. No wonder some smokers have such a bad name. A leopard never changes his spots. Hopefully, he'll be one of the first to have to dig into his wallet when the BIB decide to call for some tea money.

Perhaps if you take the time to count the number of posts that you have made in this thread to the number that I have made, you'll get a better understanding who the real 'stalker' is.

I'd suggest that just as the likes of SC will ask to light up; the other side request 'lights out', reminding the bar staff/owner of the smoking ban & potential repercussions of a visit from the BIB - I certainly will.

No

and

no.

Your answer 'no' and 'no' shows that you are the same arrogant law breaker that you were many months ago and you still like to brag about it. No wonder some smokers have such a bad name. A leopard never changes his spots. Hopefully, he'll be one of the first to have to dig into his wallet when the BIB decide to call for some tea money.

I'd suggest that just as the likes of SC will ask to light up; the other side request 'lights out', reminding the bar staff/owner of the smoking ban & potential repercussions of a visit from the BIB - I certainly will.

Oh I wondered when you might show up CS

Seeing as you don't live here I don't think you have any rights on this one, but last night I went out with Saorosa and we smoked ourselves silly in most of the bars in walking st. Funnilly enough nobody complained, and the vast majority didn't even notice.

The new Gullivers on Walking still stick to the 'ban', but nowhere else does. Saorosa is on a mission to bust the ban, but sadly is going to work offshore tommorow so I will be left to carry the (coke) can, lippo bottle etc :o

<br />
No<br />and <br />no.<br /><br />Why do you always stalk these smoking threads? I think you have a secret desire to become a smoker, but your wife won't let you.
<br />Your answer 'no' and 'no' shows that you are the same arrogant law breaker that you were many months ago and you still like to brag about it. No wonder some smokers have such a bad name. <font color="#8b0000">A leopard never changes his spots. Hopefully, he'll be one of the first to have to dig into his wallet when the BIB decide to call for some tea money.<br /></font><br />Perhaps if you take the time to count the number of posts that you have made in this thread to the number that I have made, you'll get a better understanding who the real 'stalker' is.<br />
<br /><br />I'd suggest that just as the likes of SC will ask to light up; the other side request 'lights out', reminding the bar staff/owner of the smoking ban & potential repercussions of a visit from the BIB - I certainly will.<br />

Super Grass is back then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by plasticpig

No

and

no.

Seeing as you don't live here I don't think you have any rights on this one, but last night I went out with Saorosa and we smoked ourselves silly in most of the bars in walking st. Funnilly enough nobody complained, and the vast majority didn't even notice.

The new Gullivers on Walking still stick to the 'ban', but nowhere else does. Saorosa is on a mission to bust the ban, but sadly is going to work offshore tommorow so I will be left to carry the (coke) can, lippo bottle etc :o

With your hard drinking, heavy smoking lifestyle, I suggest you check out the 'have you lost a friend' thread; seems that quite a few have succumbed to such excesses.

I've been invited to Pattaya over Christmas, initially I was going to decline, now I'm having second thoughts, who knows, I may be able to spoil your Christmas & piss off your fellow smokers in the process. :D

No

and

no.

With your hard drinking, heavy smoking lifestyle, I suggest you check out the 'have you lost a friend' thread; seems that quite a few have succumbed to such excesses.

I've been invited to Pattaya over Christmas, initially I was going to decline, now I'm having second thoughts, who knows, I may be able to spoil your Christmas & piss off your fellow smokers in the process. :D

If you have nothing better to do with your life Mr Seymour, the carry on. As a young 35 year old I haven't lost any friends thankyou, although some do go 'MIA' from time to time.

You will soon learn that p1ssing off smokers is one thing, p1ssing off Thai bar owners is entirely another, which will soon lead to your demise.

Your BK supergrass hotline will be pretty unaffective in Pattaya, but if the BiB do eventually turn up I will happily point all the locals in your direction. English rules don't apply I'm afraid, machetes/ rocks/ bottles are all fair game for a grass.

As a young 35 year old I haven't lost any friends thankyou....

Perhaps not, but you may have lost a few marbles, especially if you regard yourself as indestructible. I don't know how many cigarettes you smoke every day but each one of them is doing you harm....and that applies to your smoking friends too.

If you are happy to sit around with your mates blowing smoke into each others faces, that's fine with me but don't impose this stupidity onto those who do possess all of their marbles and recognize the harm caused by tobacco products.

You will soon learn that p1ssing off smokers is one thing, p1ssing off Thai bar owners is entirely another, which will soon lead to your demise.

Sorry to disagree but "pissing off bar owners" may lead to your own demise. If they own premises that are subject to the no-smoking laws and you selfishly and arrogantly take it upon yourself to light up contrary to those laws thus exposing them to hefty fines, you may find yourself victim of bar owner justice.

35 years on this earth and you still haven't grown up. Take your nicotine habit to an area where you aren't breaking Thailand laws or interfering with the comforts of those who don't want to share your second hand smoke. Think about it, it's not too much to ask.

sweetchariot,

i do not smoke, however, i am almost tempted to take up the habit.

it makes me wonder why those who object to smoking would fly half way round the world to subject themselves to secondhand smoke.

i ask myself, is their problem with people who smoke, or is it with the implematation of thai laws.

i learned a long time ago, live and let live.

if a bar is too smokey, i leave, its a bit like crap music, kids selling me 3 day old dead roses or shoeshine boys, if it pisses me off i check bin and leave.

i think our problem is we are too young, lets not forget, to some. pattaya is their own personal fiefdom, and irrespective of changes, they want maintain the staus quo.

how long before you get me up to 40 a day? how much would it cost, the cost is irrelevant, i am almost tempted to invite the thai guys i play football with to come down to pattaya and frequent the bars some of these blow ins frequent, the keyboard warriors may or may not be so vocal.

makes me wonder what attracts these people to pattaya in the first place, maybe they should be thankful thai laws are not so rigourisly enforced, or maybe that is selective on their part.

keep on keepin on, if youve got them smoke them.