Parsnips Anyone?

wineman

"Fine Words Butter No Parsnips"

Wise words indeed and considering the number of 'meetings' reported on Pattaya One News; often held for hours on end, in air conditioned rooms, with refreshments and sharp pencils to hand, where well nourished Pattaya committee members discuss how infrastructure and crime can be 'tackled' in Pattaya.....Parsnips all of a sudden seem very relevent.

Happy hunting......I have never seen any here in Pattaya. Do they sell tinned parsnips?

Bewarned - I mentioned this thread to Somchai the seller of finest coriander, basil and ropy looking carrots in the market this morning. He gauged me with a calculated Thai smile then popped behind his counter and jumped back a few moments later with a carrot that appeared to have been painted cream/white. "...only 500 Baht a half kilo, good price for you!"

Bewarned - I mentioned this thread to Somchai the seller of finest coriander, basil and ropy looking carrots in the market this morning. He gauged me with a calculated Thai smile then popped behind his counter and jumped back a few moments later with a carrot that appeared to have been painted cream/white. "...only 500 Baht a half kilo, good price for you!"

:o

Ah - the Thai 'white' carrot sketch. Parsnips, they aint!

Every friday at the big market at the temple at Huay Yai, stacks of them and cheap too!

Are you sure about this? My wife and I are confirmed parsnip lovers and normally get them from Villa and UK (when I can!!)and I jus told her this. She knows this market and is amazed at this news .From China maybe?

This sounds just too good to be true!!!!!

B

you are pushing shit up hill as decent parsnips need a frost and where is that going to happen in thailand

I take it you've never heard of frozen vegetables?

let me know how you get on as in 15 years here have never seen a parsnip, would love a feed of them tho

Every friday at the big market at the temple at Huay Yai, stacks of them and cheap too!

Are you sure about this? My wife and I are confirmed parsnip lovers and normally get them from Villa and UK (when I can!!)and I jus told her this. She knows this market and is amazed at this news .From China maybe?

B

Never seen parsnips there.

I've seen stacks of white turnips in the market.

Lenny - Are you sure your info is correct?

B

Never seen parsnips there.

I've seen stacks of white turnips in the market.

Lenny - Are you sure your info is correct?

Quite possible they are not real parsnips, look like.....taste OK though, maybe just a good Thai copy!!!

you are pushing shit up hill as decent parsnips need a frost and where is that going to happen in thailand

I take it you've never heard of frozen vegetables?

let me know how you get on as in 15 years here have never seen a parsnip, would love a feed of them tho

I have bought both Chinese and Australian Parsnips at Villa, in Bangkok and Pattaya.

G