Moving To Bangkok

bbahngdori

1. A big box of "take it easy"

2. A big box of fresh air

:o

No seriously, I don't think you need anything special. You will hardly have a problem in getting what you need directly in BKK, the city offers more than most people need :D Only thing I could think of is, if you need some very exotic medication, as Thailand is a bit behind on "new" medicine. On the other hand, medication is a lot cheaper here, so don't stock up on "normal" stuff.

TV and video have an other system and the currency is of course also different. Note that if you have a workpermit and are on a one year extension of your visa you can import your second hand (older than 6 months) household items duty free.

http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/House...nuNme=HouseHold

Edited by Mario2008

You didn't mention your height or weight, but if you are significantly larger than average, you may want to bring a few extra clothes, and especially, shoes. Depending exactly how large you are, the selection here is not too bad, but you may have to shop around a bit more and make compromises to find things that fit.

A plastic Melitta coffee filter cone if you're accustomed to using them in the States. They sell the paper filters here, also the permanent gold ones, but not the filter holders. Or if they do, someone please clue me in as to where I can find one myself in Bangkok.

Sunblock is expensive here.

Fusion razor blades if you are a man and use those (not sold here).

The availability of larger clothes at least for men is much better than even 5 years ago (Thais are getting fatter).

It would be more useful to list the things you use regularly and ask if you can get it here, or is it very expensive.

Most imported things will of course be much more expensive, unless there is a local acceptable substitute.

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks everyone.

As your average Asian American I shouldn't have problem finding clothes.

And Ulysses, as far as Mexican Food goes I, as an Angeleno, am partial to El Tajurino.

Best tacos and burritos in L.A.

Jingthing, thanks. Since I use Fusion I will go to Costco and stock up years worth.

Sunblock is expensive here.

Fusion razor blades if you are a man and use those (not sold here).

I also noticed they don't have the Quattro shavers here, the ones with 4 blades. I just had a friend bring me some. Also no Rogaine foam for the follicularly challenged.