Yassar Arafat Dead

dr_Pat_Pong

Funeral in Cairo tomorrow ( pity about the hole they dug in his home compound )

His body is to be flown to the Egyptian capital Cairo for a funeral, attended by Arab leaders and other guests.

He will then be taken to the West Bank town of Ramallah, where he will be buried at his compound.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3984841.stm

His body is to be flown to the Egyptian capital Cairo for a funeral, attended by Arab leaders and other guests.

He will then be taken to the West Bank town of Ramallah, where he will be buried at his compound.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3984841.stm

so the hole will be use after all

I'm not that concerned about where he gets planted, though many are because of the political and cultural significance.

I just wish all of the peoples in that region could sort out their differences and begin to peacefully co-exist. I hope that there will not be any violent internal conflicts because of his passing. And I hope the Palestinian government will prosper better after his death, than it did while he was alive.

Although with his passing, I heard the real story is what happened to all the money. I heard that his wife was banking about $1M a month of Palestinian money at her remote home country. True? False?

As for the question about cause of death, how about just plain old age? (Personally, I think he has been gone for a few days now and the announcement was delayed until all the ducks got placed into a row.)

His missus apparently spunked all of his credit cards to ######, to line her nest. Apparently a real nasty piece of work.

See - it's not just Thai BG's who screw their husbands over!

However - not sure I would like to be the one hiding X Million Dollars belonging to people like Hammas etc.!

His missus apparently spunked all of his credit cards to ######, to line her nest. Apparently a real nasty piece of work.

See - it's not just Thai BG's who screw their husbands over!

However - not sure I would like to be the one hiding X Million Dollars belonging to people like Hammas etc.!

Hope she didn't poison him :o

Hope she didn't poison him 

It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Have you sen her? A big buxom brassy blonde. Nice to see these Muslim leaders making their women cover up according to islamic law.........

Well when your leader of a country, they don't have to cover up.

BS. There is no islamic law that says to cover-up. It's only local tradition and country laws in some muslim countries that require women to go veiled.

But one doesn't see too many brassy blondes on the Gaza strip these days..............

True, the majority probably has brown or black hair. Some of these women are absolutely stunning though... Until they get married and more often than not transform into overweight cows.

i would like to add that a great man is dead, he dedicated his life to fighting oppresion at great personal risk to himself. Today is a sad day

I bet you never heard "Hamas" group before in which Arrafat pretend not to know anything about or not having any contact with.

Explorer :o

i would like to add that a great man is dead, he dedicated his life to fighting oppresion at great personal risk to himself. Today is a sad day

I bet you never heard "Hamas" group before in which Arrafat pretend not to know anything about or not having any contact with.

Explorer :o

I thought Hamas is a competitor of Fatah. Fatah is/was Arafat so i'm not sure if they were on such good terms.

History will judge Arafat harshly, says Howard

5.50pm UPDATE

CANBERRA - History will judge that Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat failed to secure peace in the Middle East, Australian Prime Minister John Howard said today.

The death of Arafat at a Paris hospital was announced this afternoon.

Speaking before the death was announced, Mr Howard said he believed Arafat had failed by not taking advantage of a deal with Israel four years ago.

"I think history will judge him very harshly for not having seized the opportunity in the year 2000 to embrace the offer that was very courageously made by the then Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, which involved the Israelis agreeing to about 90 per cent of what the Palestinians had wanted," Mr Howard told Melbourne radio 3AW.

"I think if Arafat had grabbed hold of that opportunity in the dying days of the (US) Clinton administration then the path of things in the Middle East may have been smoother."

Mr Howard said he also found it hard to believe Arafat could not have done more to restrain the activities of terrorist organisations.

Mr Howard yesterday ruled out attending Arafat's funeral, saying an Australian government representative would go instead.

- AAP, REUTERS