Best Air Conditioner For The Price

Nowhereman60

Easily the best aircon ever made is the new Daikin Inverter. I have just installed it. The temperature variation is extremely small between cycling, so you dont wake up in a sweat every few minutes, and then freeze when it switches in with a noisy squelch in the room unit. The air coming out is not an ice cold blast, followed by warm air till the temp goes up again, but a cool continuous breeze. The Inverter name, I think refers to inverting AC to DC, and this giving us the first variable-speed-compressor aircon. You will pay 30% more than for a fixed comp. speed old type aircon, but if you want a healthy sleep, its worth it.

Edited by thomast

Easily the best aircon ever made is the new Daikin Inverter. I have just installed it. The temperature variation is extremely small between cycling, so you dont wake up in a sweat every few minutes, and then freeze when it switches in with a noisy squelch in the room unit. The air coming out is not an ice cold blast, followed by warm air till the temp goes up again, but a cool continuous breeze. The Inverter name, I think refers to inverting AC to DC, and this giving us the first variable-speed-compressor aircon. You will pay 30% more than for a fixed comp. speed old type aircon, but if you want a healthy sleep, its worth it.[/quot
Edited by haybilly

Easily the best aircon ever made is the new Daikin Inverter. I have just installed it. The temperature variation is extremely small between cycling, so you dont wake up in a sweat every few minutes, and then freeze when it switches in with a noisy squelch in the room unit. The air coming out is not an ice cold blast, followed by warm air till the temp goes up again, but a cool continuous breeze. The Inverter name, I think refers to inverting AC to DC, and this giving us the first variable-speed-compressor aircon. You will pay 30% more than for a fixed comp. speed old type aircon, but if you want a healthy sleep, its worth it.

variable speed compressors are on the market since years. i had my first one installed for one of the zones in my centrally airconditioned U.S. home in 1994.

Depends what your expectations are of it.....if you just want a quick, quiet, cheap cooling unit that you run for a couple of hours to chill out the room and turn off when room is cool, then I would suggest the Hayer brand. It does the job for less than half the price of those high end units and has 5 yr warantee as well.

but if you are going to run it continuously, then go for the high end models Daiken, panasonic.

we use it as a quick cooling unit for a couple of hours at most and choose the Hayer and am happy with it.

Looking at buying a 13,000 BTU air conditioner. Which one would you consider the best for the price.

I have asked the guys who service my units what they recommend. Their advice is that the compressor is the important part and for that they recommend the Rotary Copeland but they start at 18,000 BTUs.

• 10 years later...

I wait for big c to do their clear out sales. Cheapest way. I got my last sharp ion cluster non inverter 12k btu installed for 11,000 baht. A year ago. 

Got to keep an eye out often. They sell quick when reduced heavily.

Edited by stud858