Jj's Restaurant Has Moved Right Next Door

Ulysses G.

JJ's restaurant finally moved from their spot near the beginning of Thapae Road. It is very convienient to find the new place, because they have only moved to the shopfront right next door. Best muisili and croisants in town!

The old location is huge and clean with lots of private parking, bathrooms, etc. What a great location for a bar or restauraunt! PM me if you want the phone number. I copied it from the front window. :o

I guess you guys have seen their other place way down almost at the ring road (on the way to HomeMart)? You enter at the rear via the carpark and there is a huge area of tables. They also have their bread and cakes for take-away

It seems like quite an odd spot for a farang oriented breakfast-type place. Is this their main bakery venue or something?

Edited by chiangmaibruce

I love the croisants there and most of the different kinds of bread. Also, the coffee is quite good. There is a new French guy doing pretty good croisants, but JJ's are flakier and better. Does anyone know of any others this good in Chiang Mai?

I love the croisants there and most of the different kinds of bread. Also, the coffee is quite good. There is a new French guy doing pretty good croisants, but JJ's are flakier and better. Does anyone know of any others this good in Chiang Mai?

Have you never created a 'best croissants in Chiangmai' thread before? How astonishing. :o

JJ's are my favourite croissants in Chiangmai, and I do not know of any others as good.

At least we're off pizza and burgers, for the moment.

Croissants?

You guys surprise me....next you will be discussing the vagaries of pate, and nuances of Puligny Montrachet... :D

What happened to the bangers with mash and onion gravy? :o

You guys surprise me....next you will be discussing the vagaries of pate, and nuances of Puligny Montrachet... :D

Only Le Montrachet, please, and I fear that it has been several years since discussing the vagaries of my pate, and in particular of the growth thereon, was of any interest to me. :o

Croissants?

I would like to do one on the best cre'me brulee in town, but I'm not sure that there is any. The Duke's and The House both had it at one time, but claimed that too few people knew what it was. :o

Croissants?

I would like to do one on the best cre'me brulee in town, but I'm not sure that there is any. The Duke's and The House both had it at one time, but claimed that too few people knew what it was. :o

Cre'me brulee? What's that then? or do you mean Crème brûlée? :D

Some of us are not blessed with French keyboards!

:o

Yeah, but you can spell 'croissants' and U with all his wisdom and many libraries misses an 's'.

Now there are new staff at Chiang Mai Mail I note that 'buses' appears with a correct spelling (just two s's in total), but I do miss their old 'mio' abbreviation for million. That unique little idiotsyncracy seems to have vanished with the previous team. Amazingly, I miss it.