How Can I Get Super Sport / Astro Super Sport In Bangkok?

mail4matt

I have been a resident of the Pin Klao area for around 4 months now. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to subscribe to True Visions in a hope that I would get to see some Formula 1 and some Cricket.

My Formula 1 hopes have been answered, but still no cricket!! I know that many pubs and bars show super sport (the south african DSTV channel), which shows live cricket and rugby.

So...

If anyone out there is a subscriber to super sport/ astro super sport and can inform me of how I can subscribe to it (so i can see some cricket!!), I would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance

Matt

I have been a resident of the Pin Klao area for around 4 months now. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to subscribe to True Visions in a hope that I would get to see some Formula 1 and some Cricket.

My Formula 1 hopes have been answered, but still no cricket!! I know that many pubs and bars show super sport (the south african DSTV channel), which shows live cricket and rugby.

So...

If anyone out there is a subscriber to super sport/ astro super sport and can inform me of how I can subscribe to it (so i can see some cricket!!), I would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance

Matt

I don't think the Astro satellite covers as far north as Bangkok.

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/mea3_malaysia.html

The c-band signal from DSTV is an option, with a large dish,

but you will probably have trouble getting the card.

http://www.dstv.com/main.aspx?ID=4512&ParentId=&s=

This page lists the satellite footprints that you need to look at.

http://www.lyngsat-address.com/ln/Multicho...Stv-Africa.html

I don't think the Astro satellite covers as far north as Bangkok.

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/mea3_malaysia.html

The c-band signal from DSTV is an option, with a large dish,

but you will probably have trouble getting the card.

http://www.dstv.com/main.aspx?ID=4512&ParentId=&s=

This page lists the satellite footprints that you need to look at.

http://www.lyngsat-address.com/ln/Multicho...Stv-Africa.html

Thank you for the really quick reply!! I had a quick scout around on those sites but i must admit, i'm a bit lost when it comes to 'satellite footprints' - i was hoping that I might just be able to pay a company some money and they would come and install it for me (a friend that I work with has super sport for free on his basic TV channel in his rented apartment)!!

I'm just completely confused by the whole thing and all i want to do is watch a bit of cricket!!

Oh well, think this might prove to be more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks all the same...

I've seen Astro in Bangkok, though have no idea what kind of dish it was.

Getting cards for them could be a problem - they don't sell them in 7-Elevens like Dtac or AIS, and South African satellite is bloody expensive judging from previous threads.

Is it possible to get cricket on free to air Indian channels? Then you'd just need a dish, a one time investment.

>>>>

It is probably the first thread about satellite TV where no one plugs in Jsat, though they are pretty much useless when it comes to pirated stuff like Astro or SA Dreamcast (?). On the Internet they tell you they do the dishes only, but they can put you in contact with the right people to get those illegal SIM cards, that's all.

It is probably the first thread about satellite TV where no one plugs in Jsat, though they are pretty much useless when it comes to pirated stuff like Astro or SA Dreamcast (?). On the Internet they tell you they do the dishes only, but they can put you in contact with the right people to get those illegal SIM cards, that's all.

Which means what, did we miss something here?

So...

Its very easy! Ive been watching the cricket for 5 years now here in Pattaya! 470 UK pounds a year for the card and all the rest of the gear is obtainable here in LOS, The card has to be sent from S.Africa (DHL), Its then activated once you phone them and thats it!!! Simple!!!!PM me if you want to know more

B

• 2 weeks later...

phone the following numbers 02 374 4512 or 02 375 1579.

these are numbers for a cable tv company called tv chumchon.

it has at least 5 of the supersports channels you refer to, cost is i beleive 350 baht per month.

dont know if they are out your way yet, but they are over here on the east side of the city.

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I know a guy who install this system from DSTV in bangkok. The system is very cheap compared to other shops. He offer pacakges starting from THB 5,500 to THB 55,000 depending upon different types of connections. Drop an email to - [email protected] if you need more details about this system.

You can watch channels like SuperSport 1 - Rugby, SuperSport 2 - Cricket, SuperSport 3 - Football, SuperSport 4 - Blitz, SuperSport 5 – Tennis/Wrestling, SuperSport 6 - Cricket, SuperSport 7 - Sports 24x7, SuperSport 8 - Sports PGA Golf/Cycling/Other Sports, Movie Magic, Hallmark Channel, Discovery Channel, National Geographic, Cartoon Network, ESPN, MTV,CNN International, BBC World, Reality TV, Mnet Action, History Channel, BBC Prime, Sky News, BBC Food ,BBC Lifestyle, Movie Magic 2, M-Net East, CNBC Europe, Fashion TV, Entertainemnt TV, Travel Channel, Al-Jazeera, Bloomberg TV, Big Brother Africa, TV 5 Afrique, Africa 2 Africa, RTP International, DD sports, Zoom, The Music and much more....

Channel_Packages_MASTER_New_System.xls

• 8 months later...
Hi,

I know a guy who install this system from DSTV in bangkok. The system is very cheap compared to other shops. He offer pacakges starting from THB 5,500 to THB 55,000 depending upon different types of connections. Drop an email to - [email protected] if you need more details about this system.

You can watch channels like SuperSport 1 - Rugby, SuperSport 2 - Cricket, SuperSport 3 - Football, SuperSport 4 - Blitz, SuperSport 5 – Tennis/Wrestling, SuperSport 6 - Cricket, SuperSport 7 - Sports 24x7, SuperSport 8 - Sports PGA Golf/Cycling/Other Sports, Movie Magic, Hallmark Channel, Discovery Channel, National Geographic, Cartoon Network, ESPN, MTV,CNN International, BBC World, Reality TV, Mnet Action, History Channel, BBC Prime, Sky News, BBC Food ,BBC Lifestyle, Movie Magic 2, M-Net East, CNBC Europe, Fashion TV, Entertainemnt TV, Travel Channel, Al-Jazeera, Bloomberg TV, Big Brother Africa, TV 5 Afrique, Africa 2 Africa, RTP International, DD sports, Zoom, The Music and much more....

Has anyone heard that SuperSports is changing Satellite and may not be available after May 2010?

• 3 months later...

Good Day All,

Does anybody have an update on whether the Super Sports Channel will be going away soon?

I really need to get a cricket channel at my house but would hate to lash out big dollars on Super Sports if its future is uncertain.

Thanks

Sorry to dash your hopes but it looks like DSTV will no longer be available in Thailand, I believe the service terminates and changes to another satellite on the 31/05. This channel/band will not extend to Thailand. I am not an expert but there are numerous posts regarding this . . .