Can I Get A Replacement Us Passport Sent To Us?

I am running out of pages in my US passport. I know I can add more pages, but I was thinking I'd like to just start off fresh with a new passport.

I'm pretty sure one option is to go to the american embassy here and order a replacement passport and then I go to Thai immigration with the new passport and get the appropriate visa and stamps switched over.

But I will be going back to America pretty soon for a month for Christmas and it'd be easier to just have a new passport waiting there for me. I also wouldn't have to bother going to Thai immigration and getting a transfer taken care of.

I won't have enough time while in America to then order a replacement since I only have a month and I will need to use my passport to get my new Thai visa.

So, is it possible for me to request a replacement passport be sent to my address in America while I'm still here in Thailand using the old passport? Would doing this cancel my old passport giving me problems for when I go back to America for Christmas?

Thanks

:o

No. Passport application requires old passport to be attached to it. If you are overseas you must use Embassy.

Transfer of visa/entry only takes about 10 minutes.

But why not continue using your passport. New page insert is free and fast. Just go to ACSU counter and wait a few minutes.

0730-1100

1300-1400

I'm off to the embassy tomorrow to get this sorted out, but here's a quick question. ..

Is it necessary for me to transfer the current visa and stamps to the new passport? Or could I finish up my current stay in Thailand using the old passport?

Thanks.

I'm off to the embassy tomorrow to get this sorted out, but here's a quick question. ..

Is it necessary for me to transfer the current visa and stamps to the new passport?  Or could I finish up my current stay in Thailand using the old passport?

Thanks.

The last time I did this (and it's been awhile) the embassy returned my old passport to me with holes punched thru it. That's how they VOID it. So it was necessary to transfer the current visa/stamps to the new passport.

Well, I got back from the embassy today and things are in motion now.

$55. The two pictures I brought were not big enough for them. You really need some pretty big photos for the application. I still have my old passport but it will get cancelled when I go pick up the new one from the embassy in two weeks.

They hold the 2 week line pretty well, so I trust them. I figure they must do something like fedex or even special US government mail every day with a box of all the passports. Mail doesn't take all that long to get back and forth really.

I'll go pick it up in 2 weeks and transfer my current visa and stamp to my new passport. If there are any hitches I'll let you know.

So, where did you end up getting your photos done then? Last time (wow, 10 years ago!) I did my passport in Bangkok I ended up walking quite a ways down Wireless road to a place they recommended and got new photos done because, surprise surprise, my photos were too small!