Which Condos Do You Like In Bangkok?

So, which are your favorites.

Nusasiri is OK, but the surroundings are very ugly/depressing.

noble remix at thong lo looks very nice but still not close to being finished.

what do you recommend around the promphong/asoke/chitlom/lang suan area? i depend on the bts at the moment but plan to be driving soon.

i cant go over 10m if that matters at all.

i would look at older buildings in prime locations ... units are being for sale at all seasons mansion probably around 100-120k/sqm ... but their smaller units are 136sqm so will still put you you over 10m ... maybe address chidlom still has smaller and lower floor units at 120k/sqm?

Consider buying one of the older leasehold buildings in the Ratchadamri BTS station area behind the 4 Seasons. I sold a 84 sq mt unit for 4.3 million a year ago or more.

yeah, with like 18 years of lease left on it or similar? You got a good sell price.

for sure, that is cheap, but only a few years to run out. Plus most of the developments in that area are completely ugly. Baan Rachaprasong is sellign for about 80-90k leasehold, at least you get 30 years still on the lease. Once it hits 20 years or less the value really starts to plummet (to zero).

Manhatten has units around 80-90k per sqm; Suk 20 there is another project auguston of their just under 100k; I think the Asian properties monstrosity on about Soi 20 also is quite cheap too.

Plenty for less than 120k per sqm.

Consider buying one of the older leasehold buildings in the Ratchadamri BTS station area behind the 4 Seasons. I sold a 84 sq mt unit for 4.3 million a year ago or more.

yeah, with like 18 years of lease left on it or similar? You got a good sell price.

for sure, that is cheap, but only a few years to run out. Plus most of the developments in that area are completely ugly. Baan Rachaprasong is sellign for about 80-90k leasehold, at least you get 30 years still on the lease. Once it hits 20 years or less the value really starts to plummet (to zero).

Manhatten has units around 80-90k per sqm; Suk 20 there is another project auguston of their just under 100k; I think the Asian properties monstrosity on about Soi 20 also is quite cheap too.

Plenty for less than 120k per sqm.

If you could tell me the name of the development with leaseholds plummeting to zero I'd be interested in purchasing. If nothing else for the rental income!

If you could tell me the name of the development with leaseholds plummeting to zero I'd be interested in purchasing. If nothing else for the rental income!

pretty sure they all end up fairly close to zero once they are down to the last year.

Steve - I would guess that sunrise07 is playing a numbers game - If he can rent out a unit over one year for more than he pays for a one year remaining lease (plus all the other bits) he is in profit - That IMO is all that is on the agenda here.

However I agree we are talking about almost zero.

pretty sure they all end up fairly close to zero once they are down to the last year.

Steve - I would guess that sunrise07 is playing a numbers game - If he can rent out a unit over one year for more than he pays for a one year remaining lease (plus all the other bits) he is in profit - That IMO is all that is on the agenda here.

However I agree we are talking about almost zero.

oh I know exactly what he means, and I am sure he knows exactly what I mean; the value of leaseholds does indeed fall eventually to close to nothing.

From a yield perspective, those last few years can be fairly interesting for sure.

But in terms of recommending to the OP who wants to have a nice place to live in? perhaps a little less relevant.

Edited by steveromagnino

i know there are many places? all about the same? any that stand out as best $ to value? i mean, which would YOU pick? thanks...

Hi lifeisrandom - From what I can see you seem to be looking for space to live in 100 sm+ with good facilities ? If I were to come at the market again I think I now would be looking at the secondary market. Try some one like.

http://www.hamptons.co.th/

There are loads of others.

There are advantages - its cheaper, you can see what you are getting and the surrounding area is probably more established. Translating Bangkok into UK terms I sort of see Sukhumvit as the center of the city (CBD) and Sathorn as the West End (Soho/Covent garden) area. Given you will be driving in Bangkok perhaps you could move outside of these areas to gain space/facilities for less price. But I am afraid that a lot of legwork will be required. I recommend you taking a look at some of irenes posts. You may pick up on some ideas. But once you move out into the more distant Sois you sort of are on your own - but there are good guidelines on these threads that can help in this area.

Dispite what some say prices are getting quite high in the more well known areas. 10m no longer goes very far....

So, which are your favorites.

Nusasiri is OK, but the surroundings are very ugly/depressing.

noble remix at thong lo looks very nice but still not close to being finished.

what do you recommend around the promphong/asoke/chitlom/lang suan area? i depend on the bts at the moment but plan to be driving soon.

i cant go over 10m if that matters at all.

Have you looked at Paholyothin? I have a two bedroom, two bathroom condo, fully furnished, within walking distance of BTS Aree for sale at 6.9 mil.