Entry Stamp At Mae-sai Border

survivor2

Could someone tell me "how big" the Burma entry stamp is when you do a quick visa run to Myanmar? The reason is that I have a limited space left in my passport which would prohibit a full page visa like the one affixed in Cambodia or Laos border crossing.

Thank you!

:o

I could be wrong about this but there are a bunch of countries who won't admit you with less than two clear pages - I had a friend turned away from the gate at BKK on her way to Phnom Penh for that very reason so you might want to check the rules for both Myanmar and Thailand and deal with getting some extra pages beforehand.

If you are truly down to that little of space you need to get some more pages added, or a new passport, pronto. Every country that I have applied for a visa in, you need at least two clear pages (some specify that the pages face each other) and 6 months validity to qualify for a visa. They will not cover any other stamps. Funny how that does not prevent them from stamping all over other entry stamps, though...I think Immigration officials everywhere like to see how badly they can screw up a passport page. With the exception of Thailand...they always put the entry and exit stamps together, and usually get them in there straight, and do not waste space. South Africa is not too bad...Canada is pretty sloppy about it, as is USA. India is terrible...they just stamp wherever, even over the top of their own stamps, never put the entry and exit together. If they are within 3 or 4 pages you are lucky.

I have never been, but I doubt it is just a stamp to get into Myanmar...likely a full page visa. And I suspect that it is the same size whether you are doing a quick visa run or a slow one :o

Good luck.

Edited by mgjackson69

I have never been, but I doubt it is just a stamp to get into Myanmar...likely a full page visa.

Unless it's changed in recent years, it is just a stamp in and then a stamp out of Myanmar, stamps similar in size to Thai entry/exit stamps.

Could someone tell me "how big" the Burma entry stamp is when you do a quick visa run to Myanmar? The reason is that I have a limited space left in my passport which would prohibit a full page visa like the one affixed in Cambodia or Laos border crossing.

Thank you!

As davidgtr points out, the stamp size is normal but you'll end up with four of them for the trip, taking most of a page.

I've just checked that, anybody notice that sometimes they get eight on a page but it's usually only six?

Looking in my passport...

Thailand norm is 6 (3 entry/exit pairs) per page...although I have one page with 4.

I have one page where Canada wasted the entire page with two stamps, one in upper center, one in lower center...bastards. Their norm appears to be four.

It looks like the Laos stamp would be 3 pairs/page.

India? However they can slop them in there...I have one page with four entries and two exits...the entries are on top of each other.

South Africa uses an entry permit sticker that takes half a page, but they stamp the entry and exit on the same page, closely spaced so multiple entries/exits on the same permit can go on that page.

USA looks like it would be 4/page, if they ever stamped on the same page more than twice.

Thank you!

If you fly into Burma you will need a visa in advance.

The visa is a Blue sticker and definitely covers a full page, so you need at least one blank page plus some spaces.

The Burmese entry and exit stamp is stamped onto your visa not seperate pages, but of course the Thai exit and entry stamp will need to find some space.

The Mai Sai crossing is just stamps as shown previously

Edited by uptheos