Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

I am enjoying all the nonsense involving the signing

of Scott Allan. The Rangers tried three times to get

him, but we managed to poach the lad. Just where

does he fit in the current team though? Maybe he

can play back a bit and aid the useless Boyata.

Have to agree. I'm not sure how he will fit. Not sure he will get a lot of game time. This could be a bad move for him. Personally i don't think Rangers need him. I mean he didn't really do that well in England. He only scored 2 goals last season for Hibs i think. I'm glad we didn't spend money on him.

Have to agree. I'm not sure how he will fit. Not sure he will get a lot of game time. This could be a bad move for him. Personally i don't think Rangers need him. I mean he didn't really do that well in England. He only scored 2 goals last season for Hibs i think. I'm glad we didn't spend money on him.

Priceless. The nonsense just keeps on coming.

"Personally i don't think Rangers need him."

Then why did they put in three offers for him?

Personally I don't think Celtic needs him.

But we got 'im.

Good luck against Malmo , I hope Deila has a plan ready to break down their defense, it's solid.

I think the tie is going to be very close. I wish I could say the same about the Celtic defense. That is what worries me.

You could be struggling with this one, onionluke.

It's on at silly o'clock local time. The only place open then is 7-11.

I think you'll be streaming in your hotel.

cheers CB, can you post a streaming supplier thingy ? i might need a kerry oot the night.

You could be struggling with this one, onionluke.

It's on at silly o'clock local time. The only place open then is 7-11.

I think you'll be streaming in your hotel.

cheers CB, can you post a streaming supplier thingy ? i might need a kerry oot the night.

Give this a wee go: www.vipbox.eu

Your turn to do the report now since you're up.

Salty and I await the good news in the morning burp.gif

Jo Inge Berget, why did you let him go , lol. And the Malmo manager Hareide had said in an interview before the match that Berget would score and get his "revenge". You need to defend well in the away match, not hopeless still think you will go through.

Tough talk from Sweden . . . . not passifier.gif

Their goalie is in for some flack next week.

Malmo keeper Johan Wiland has accused Celtic of acting like “pigs” and children.

The Swedish club’s No.1 slammed the Hoops after the Scottish champions edged them 3-2 in their Champions League playoff showdown.

Wiland singled out two-goal hero Leigh Griffiths – insisting he was like a child – while team-mate Rasmus Bengtsson claimed sub Nadir Ciftci was "not nice".

In an interview with Swedish publication Kvallsposten, Wiland said: "“They are pigs, all of them, that’s the way it is.

“You just have to try to stay cool and do what we have to do on the pitch. Griffiths, well, I don’t know what to say, he behaved like a child, tugging shirts all the time.”

Dundee Utd 1 Celtic 3

3 more points at Tannadice. Fielding only 2 of the starting eleven in the 1st leg ( Izaguirre, Griffiths) Celtic eased to a comfortable victory in the end. Celtic were well on top from the off. Commons had a shot blocked on the line and Mulgrew just over with a free kick. A pass from Stokes which was not cut out let Griffiths through. He rounded the keeper and slotted home. Celtic were well on top but the keeper made some good saves. Bailly the reserve keeper almost gifted DU an equaliser when instead of clearing a back pass took a touch and chasing the forward out of the box could have conceded a penalty if the forward had gone down. A really mindless bit of play. Up to the last 5 minutes of the half DU hardly had a look in apart from that, In the closing minutes Celtic broke quickly from a corner Commons was away and tried to set up Griffiths but his pass was intercepted by Durnan but he only suceeded in turning the ball past the keeper for an og, Within a minute Fraser made a good run into the Celtic area and Ambrose lunging in like an elephant in a china shop brought him down. Erskine lashed home the penalty.

DU started the 2nd half with more conviction and had the better of the early exchanges. Celtic gradually began to exert more control. Mcgregor replace Mulgrew in 61 minutes and Allan replaced Griffith in 68. The much discussed signing from Hibs had a chance to make an instant impact when he seized on a clearance from the keeper but his attempted lob lacked the power and the keeper got back to make a comfortable save. Shortly after Celtic scored again.Mcgregor receiving from Mackay-Steven worked his way into the box and shot. It was hardly well struck but it got a deflection which wrong footed the keeper. Straight away Izaguirre went to sleep and a shot from DU was blocked by Bailly with his foot. Allan dived in later giving away a stupid free kick and the goalie had to make the first of 2 decent saves.

Both Ambrose and Izaguirre did little to ease fears for the 2nd leg on Tuesday. It is very difficult to envisage Celtic keeping a clean sheet with these two both being accidents waiting to happen.

• Like 1

Poor match by Celtic tonight. Malmo deserved the win , the quality you'd expect from a team like Celtic was just not there. Maybe you need to spend more money if you want to compete in CL next year.

Malmo 2 Celtic 0 (Malmo 4-3 agg)

Celtic looked decent enough early on. They had a good deal of possession and looked like they could cause problems.But Malmo went ahead in the 22nd minute from their 1st corner. Rosenberg stormed in to head home. Very poor defending by Celtic. They seemed to deflate Celtic and they never looked dangerous after that. They were robbed of an equaliser just before HT when a Malmo defender handled the ball from a corner and Bitton forced it home. The ref gave a free out.

You would have expected Celtic to come out fighting for the 2nd half being only behind on the away goal at that stage but the defence was showing all its usual ability to go to sleep. Gordon made 2 excellent saves but just as you sighed with relief Malmo increased the lead from another corner. 3 of their 4 goals in the tie came from corner kicks. There was still nearly 40 minutes to play and Malmo strolled through them without a moments worry. Celtic were dreadful in this period. Slow and deliberate passing without any sign of imagination gave the Swedes an easy ride.Bitton making a series of stupid fouls was lucky to stay on until he was eventually hauled off. You might have expected Van Dijk to be pushed forward to try to get something back and make Malmo sweat a little but Celtic could have been there till Christmas and not scored.

There is no doubt the better team went through. Malmo were far better when they had possession and moved the ball quickly and with imagination.Celtic are lacking in quality in several positions.

With all the signs that Van Dijk will be off the prospects for the Europa League do not look good.

• Like 2

Poor match by Celtic tonight. Malmo deserved the win , the quality you'd expect from a team like Celtic was just not there. Maybe you need to spend more money if you want to compete in CL next year.

Europa next. Build on the back line as it is in tatters.

Remove the non-performing Norwegian manager too.

The team coming out for the second half obviously had

no up-lifting talk during the break. Lifeless, and we were

in with a chance at that stage. Bye Ronny.

Not sure I agree with you CB. IMO it's a kneejerk opinion to blame Ronny for the sides shortcomings. He is not the greatest manager in the world but I see little merit in changing now. I felt some of his pre match comments were way too optimistic and he will be under added scrutiny from now on.

Not sure I agree with you CB. IMO it's a kneejerk opinion to blame Ronny for the sides shortcomings. He is not the greatest manager in the world but I see little merit in changing now. I felt some of his pre match comments were way too optimistic and he will be under added scrutiny from now on.

Have a gander at the article on 'Celtic News Now' on fb.

Under the heading 'I Take Responsibility' by Ronny Deila.

Lot of comments, including the article itself, blame him.

He's no Lennon. Not even a half-price Lennon.

He's not motivating the side. That was plain to see when

the bhoys came out for the second half.

I think you need to give the manager a chance to show what the team can do in the the Europa League.

Ronnys worst nightmare would probably be to meet another Scandinavian team there , Rosenborg FC who impressed in the qualifications. If Celtic do not impress against weaker teams in Europe I think he will not stay manager for a long time.