Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

CB,

You have to wonder is this just someone inventing a story to hype up the pre match rhetoric. No question but we have come off 2nd best in both matches with refereeing decisions. By far our biggest problem however has been a litany of avoidable errors which have cost us a huge number of points.

Hopefully our heroes will be focused on Sunday's game. If we do not win I would suggest it is all over. In that case expect the usual cliche about there are x amount of points to play for and we intend getting all of them. We can only hope. :D

Remember any thing can happen in an Old Firm game. :)

And the crap keeps coming forth from the Daily Record:

CELTIC boss Tony Mowbray has stoked the row over Old Firm refereeing decisions by claiming he's watched in "total disbelief" at some awards which have previously gone against his side.

Mowbray says he hopes referee Dougie McDonald gets "the big decisions right" in Sunday's Old Firm clash which will go a long way to deciding the destination of the SPL title.

McDonald and his assistants will be under intense scrutiny after an unknown Parkhead source claimed the club were frustrated with major decisions that they believe had gone against them this season - including in the last two matches against Rangers.

Hoops boss Mowbray is adamant that Celtic are right to feel aggrieved at some refereeing decisions, including the denial of two penalties in the 2-1 defeat at Ibrox earlier in the season.

Celtic striker Marc-Antoine Fortune also had a goal chalked off in the 1-1 draw against Rangers at Parkhead.

And the crap keeps coming forth from the Daily Record:

absolutely nothing new ther cb, from memory it does have a tendency to forget that there are more than two teams in scotland, was called the daily weegie , when i lived there :)

absolutely nothing new ther cb, from memory it does have a tendency to forget that there are more than two teams in scotland, was called the daily weegie , when i lived there :)

Too true. I wonder how long it will be before the old firm sides get so bad it becomes a three or four horse race. Sad times indeed.for the Record readers.

Celtic were poor. Rangers need some decent strikers. And the ref should be hanging his head in shame for a disgaceful decision with the sending off. No way could he see what was happening.

Not that it changed what was a poor game of football from both sides.

Yesterday ended whatever faint hopes we had of getting back into the title race. It has to be said it is not a surprise as we have been observing a wretched Celtic team for months.

We had most of the irritating characteristics again. Some good performances but as a team we are not functioning. Lack of control losing the ball far too easily and predictable passing creating very little danger. Boruc saved us several times and in fairness our central defenders did not let us down as their predecessors did so often. Inability to clear lines cost us at the end. The ball should have cleared several times before the corner. You have to wonder what the others are doing when initial corners are cleared. They seem to be nowhere and the ball inevitably comes back into the danger area. A 0-0 would have been some source of comfort though it would also have effectively decided the destination of the title. McGeady did nothing and his failure to get back and challenge on one occassion created huge problems at the back. N'Guemo was very poor giving it away, spoiled a promising break, and a dreadful free kick when we had a chance to put some pressure on Rangers. Robbie had one good effort but suffered from lack of support.

For the 3rd Old Firm game we got the short end of the stick. Both Majhera and Miller were fortunate to stay on the field. Brown gets sent off for a tangle with Lafferty who was equally to blame. A booking for each even if that was necessary.

In terms of the title no difference but in all 3 Old Firm games the contenious decisions have gone the other way. :)

I have a feeling that Mowbray will be up for the chop.

Can't see him being around for much longer.

He doesn't inspire a team that does have potential.

Anyway, the good news from yesterday is that Mrs. CB

had an ultrasound and we're having another wee bhoy!

Two potential nifty wee Thai/Jock strikers for the 'Tic by 2025 :).

Delighted for you and Mrs CB. :D

The rumbles of discontent by the faithful will certainly grow louder after the latest setback. I would expect a lot of empty seats for the remaining home matches. I would not be surprised if there were some discreet sounding out from now on. :)

1,my grandad told me the scotland fans sang the sash in the seventies.

Sorry that was probably my Grandad singing the Sash just could not stop himself. He use to say there are two types of Scots man!!!! 1st the Flower Of Scotland Scots man and 2nd the Sash my farther wore Scots man, He fell into the 2nd R.I.P Old Tam.....

2,The soldiers song is an National anthem and non sectarian

Yes this is the National anthem of Ireland which replaced God save Ireland, After the Easter uprising of 1916. But non sectarian dont talk crap listen to your self.

3, Now I have started on this subject I would like to say that the flying of the Tri-colour at Parkhead does not offended me , I am happy to see it Fly as Only 1/3 of the Flag is yours the green part belongs to you, the Orange part belongs to the Protestant people of Ireland and the White belongs to the Protestant people of Ireland as they promote peace at this current time. So keep Flying a Flag you don't own Might as well put up a french or Indian one up as well.

Hello Everybody this is my first post hope I have not said anything wrong new to this :)

irish flag is actually green white and gold,not orange.

green for ireland,gold and white for the papal colours,flag.

so sectarian.

Meanwhile back in the SPL Celtic managed to beat Falkirk at the 3rd time of asking thanks to a Robbie Keane double but it was hardly an inspiring display. The 1st goal was well taken after a great flick on by Rasmussen and the 2nd showed Robbie's awareness and speed of thought.

But it was only a great save by Boruc which kept us ahead soon after the 1st goal after dreadful defending again from a corner. It was never comfortable until the 2nd goal 10 minutes from time.

Rasmussen played well and hopefully will stay in the side. O'Dea played well and you have to wonder how many of the dropped points could have been saved if he had been in the side all season. Samaras as usual was dreadful and McGeady had another poor game.

Next up is the 1/4 final Cup game away to Kilmarnock.

Do or die for Mowbray this weekend.

Spied this at the bottom of the Record's

latest obituary on our 'manager':

Hot off the press....

If, and it is a big if, if we don't beat Kilmarnock then we have no option but to terminate TM's contract forthwith.

Lets face it, it is just not working out is it? Come on Celtic fans lets get real, he has not inspired the team, he has broken up a perfectly good team, and left us with a mix of god knows what, we have no direction or determination and last weeks game was a debacle to say the least, if it wasn't for RK where would we be?

So Desmond if we lose, please show him the door... soon

Must say I do agree. English managers . . . tut, tut, tut.

Do or die for Mowbray this weekend.

Spied this at the bottom of the Record's

latest obituary on our 'manager':

Hot off the press....

If, and it is a big if, if we don't beat Kilmarnock then we have no option but to terminate TM's contract forthwith.

Lets face it, it is just not working out is it? Come on Celtic fans lets get real, he has not inspired the team, he has broken up a perfectly good team, and left us with a mix of god knows what, we have no direction or determination and last weeks game was a debacle to say the least, if it wasn't for RK where would we be?

So Desmond if we lose, please show him the door... soon

Must say I do agree. English managers . . . tut, tut, tut.

Not one for not giving a manager enough time, but he has got that (rabbit caught in the headlights) look about him . He should have known what the job was all about before taking it. He used to play here , a defender <deleted>. Anyway Hail Hail.

The Daily Ranger must have caught Pakkie coming out the pub at 11pm.

If he said this then I will have to redo my long-loved 'Tic players list.

PAT BONNER last night insisted Celtic manager Tony Mowbray should be given three years to prove he can make his grand plan work.

Mogga is under intense pressure with his side trailing Old Firm rivals Rangers by 13 points in the title race.

Mowbray's only realistic chance of winning a trophy in his first season is the Scottish Cup where the Hoops have been paired with Hibs or Ross County in the semis. But goalkeeping legend Bonner dismissed talk of his former Celtic team-mate being axed after only a year.

The Irishman said: "In the first year you have to realise he has to build something - you don't sack a manager after one season because he hasn't won a trophy.

"There was always pressure at Celtic and if you didn't win the league you had to win the Cup.

"Managers like Billy McNeill and Davie Hay were probably let go because they hadn't won anything but that's how it was."

Aye, not bad. Give you that.

Now, Imola - Ross County?

Bet you couldn't point it out on a map.

Your arse must be biting lumps out your bar stool.

point it out on a map, :) ross county?? ive met him. see yae at hampden

Tony with some cheery news in the Record today. He really knows how to lift our spirits with his banter.

TONY MOWBRAY has urged Celtic fans to enjoy watching Robbie Keane for the rest of the season as the Parkhead club have little chance of buying him in the summer.

The Republic of Ireland star has scored eight goals in eight games since arriving on loan from Tottenham in January.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp, however, claimed he will not be loaning Keane out again which means Celtic would have to come up with a substantial transfer fee if they want to keep him in Glasgow.

However, Celtic boss Mowbray ruled out a permanent deal ahead of the SPL clash with St Johnstone at Parkhead.

"For me it is about Robbie enjoying his football and hopefully the Celtic fans have enjoyed what he brings and the goals that he brings," he said.

"If it is the case that he goes back to Tottenham at the end of the season all we can do is hope he enjoyed his time at Celtic and contributed some goals, which he already has done, and hopefully some enjoyment for the supporters.

"But football is very much about finance these days and Robbie Keane is way out of our structure.

"He cost them (Spurs) £12million. I don't think that our board are going to loosen the purse strings that much.

"I wouldn't dare tell Harry Redknapp what his best options would be, but I do know that Robbie will have benefited from playing regular football and he has shown the quality that he possesses.

"Harry has some pretty special players at his disposal and Robbie is here because Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch and Roman Pavlyuchenko were competition for him and obviously he wanted to play. He may face similar challenges when he goes back.

"But when was the last time a Scottish club played £12million for a player? Was it Tore Andre Flo? Those days are long gone in the Scottish game, I think."