Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Dunfermline 2 Celtic 4.

So we made it to the 1/4 final of the Cup. But not after a scare or two with our defensive frailties. Lets hope the big Dutchman is fit and injury free from now on. To have any hope of a resurrection we have to stop handing out easy goals to all and sundry. :)

Celtic 2 Hearts 0.

Thankfully we have managed to beat Hearts at Parkhead after failing to do so on several occasions in past few seasons. With Rangers dropping points we have cut the gap to 8 points but only the naive will believe our troubles are over. From what I have read Robbie Keane seemed to miss several good chances to score.

We need to be getting a few goals per game as we are always liable to concede easy goals. A run of victories is essential to put pressure on Rangers and a victory in both Old Firm games badly needed. On previous form that is expecting a lot.

CB, Where are you? I am starting to talk to myself. :)

Edited by salty

Team is very much in transition, takes time. Our friends across the city aint in the position to do that. They are in the position to win the league of course , but with 30 bob and a fag coupon to their name, i wouldnt be overjoyed about next season or the year after for that if i was a bluenose. Keep the Faith . Hail Hail

The faith is kept, that we are all sure of.

Two good results on the bounce is always

a good way to bolster that feeling.

What we need now is a good run of wins

while "they" falter at each hurdle from here

on in. 'Tis possible when you look at "their"

current form and results.

Sorry I've been out of contact, Salty old son.

Had a wee scare with the missus ending up in

hospital for a spell, but all is well now.

The faith is kept, that we are all sure of.

Two good results on the bounce is always

a good way to bolster that feeling.

What we need now is a good run of wins

while "they" falter at each hurdle from here

on in. 'Tis possible when you look at "their"

current form and results.

Sorry I've been out of contact, Salty old son.

Had a wee scare with the missus ending up in

hospital for a spell, but all is well now.

Good to hear that all is well CB. Family much more important. :)

Here Jockstar - why has my post count

gone from 660+ to a mere 400?

Am I being relegated for not posting in

the space of a week or summit, eh?

I'm the same mate. I was just about 11K an now under 10. Something to do with admin / database. Posts in games , jokes or deleted posts are no longer counted Something like that.

Aberdeen 4 Celtic 4

Our heroes sucessfully threw away another 2 points today. An early goal put us ahead but Aberdeen had no intention of lying down. While Celtic went to sleep they piled on the pressure and were rewarded with a fine volleyed equaliser. Celtic players fast asleep just outside the box.

Good play by Brown great cross from Robbie Keane and Fortune finished for 2-1 lead. Having regained the lead Celtic again fell asleep and the Dons profited with a 2nd equaliser within 90 seconds. Good finish it has to be said. Aberdeen were not prepared to lie down and Celtic were giving them every encouragement.

In the 2nd half we were lucky to survive conceding a penalty and Boruc made a great save. This was caused initially by McGeady not being bothered after losing the ball. He could easily have made a tackle before the cross.l After the 2 substitutions Robbie Keane put us ahead again. This time Celtic actually concentrated after going ahead and soon McGeady made it 4-2. Why the hel_l does he not do it more often? For the first time Aberdeen looked deflated. Surely not a relaxing last 15-20 minutes.

Tony Mowbray then decided Aberdeen needed a bit of help so he took off Robbie Keane who had only made 2 and scored 1 and put on Samaras. Aberdeen still needed a bit of encouragement and this was supplied courtesy of a mindless handball. Penalty scored 3-4. From then to the end Sweatsville Arizona. Boruc saved us but when Aberdeen forced a corner I expected the worst and the Celts obliged again. Initial corner cleared so everyone goes to sleep again. Three Aberdeen players unmarked when the ball was returned 4-4. Just time for Darren O'Dea to get himself sent off. Another few minutes and we could have snatched defeat.

Imola, you should enlightened this lot with your " Tony Mowbray goes up to the Altar " Joke ?? :D

singher , although its a beaut, theres a time and a place , and on the back end of a 3 zip spankin fae the smelly 11 il tell that little classic another time, see ya ,im done with it, though your probly revelin init :D

coyi .ps .its up to you lot , i reckon, hibs just aint ready for the league just yet, but ross in the cup,

2010 SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS, HFC :) ps at least we wont come forth :D was in mozza couldnt get coverage. although im sure i saw that c###t twitch.

off topic , i know, but <deleted> it , gutted :D

Imola, you should enlightened this lot with your " Tony Mowbray goes up to the Altar " Joke ?? :)

Jockstar, call me a snitch , but theres some <deleted> spraffin on about religeon here. Now, i was nearly in the sinbin last year and thought this nonsense was out of bounds? If not , let the noise up begin and i can get ripped into again. God bless.

Just another in a series of disastrous results. From a piece in Evening Times last night.

"The capitulation at Pittodrie was, for many, the final straw. “The first half was as poor as we’ve been,” admitted Mowbray. “We didn’t get a grip of the game, yet we scored a couple of great goals.”

Having then moved into a 4-2 lead with 17 minutes remaining, Mowbray decided to remove Robbie Keane and replace him with Georgios Samaras, reasoning that Aberdeen would throw high balls into their box.

“They’ve got a very good dead-ball delivery,” he explained. “We knew any free-kick was coming into our box, and Samaras, at six foot four, was going to be more of an aid than Robbie.”

That being the case, why not try to keep control of the ball and the home side out of the danger area altogether by introducing a defensive-minded player who could help shut the door? Lee Naylor, Mark Wilson and Zheng Zhi were all still on the bench.

Quite why the manager feared that, having watched his side go two ahead, the Dons would suddenly be in the ascendancy is still a mystery, just as Edson Braafheid’s decision to use his hand to clear a cross and so provide Aberdeen with the chance to score from the spot left everyone baffled.

By the time Steve MacLean popped up again to make it 4-4 two minutes from time, Celtic were defending the Beach End of Pittodrie so deep they were in danger of getting wet.

Now the tide is turning in terms of how much more patience will be shown to this work in progress."

What drives me mad is the mindset in the closing stages. Instead of trying to control the game and minimise pressure they sit back and invite trouble. They have managed to drop a series of points in the closing stages and as a result Rangers are strolling towards the title.

Interesting to see the shot of Robbie Keane on the beach after the 4-4 goal. You could almost hear him thinking what kind of gobshites have I joined.

From 2010-2011 the Scottish champions will have to play 3 qualifying rounds in the Champions League.

From 2011-2012 only one Scottish team will take part in the Champions league.

This is due to Belgium overtaking Scotland in the rankings.

Not good is it?

Edited by spongeman

From 2010-2011 the Scottish champions will have to play 3 qualifying rounds in the Champions League.

From 2011-2012 only one Scottish team will take part in the Champions league.

This is due to Belgium overtaking Scotland in the rankings.

Not good is it?

Nope. I read the same thing this morning.

So next season it would seem Champions and Runners up will have the same chance in qualifying rounds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8524079.stm

More and more its about money and not football. :)

They should have spoken up about the unfair advantage teams in the CL get with the money when they were in it.

Itll make Scottish football slightly more competitive now.

A 1-0 win over Dundee Utd. The TV picture on True Sports Extra kept freezing every couple of seconds so I did not see game at all. Saw Robbie's goal on CNN Sports this morning but from reading some accounts both Fortune and Samaras (surprise surprise) seem to have missed sitters. The nerve tonic sellers must be very pleased with Celtic this season.

It hardly seems to be a matter for wild rejoicing but it keeps us hanging on by our fingernails. A win at Ibrox next Saturday is a must but I have to say again I am not confident. However as CB reminded me before anything can happen in an Old Firm match. :)

The show is on. Here's all that the Daily Record has to say so far:

CELTIC legend Frank McGarvey reckons the Parkhead club's concerns over referees is a "load of rubbish".

A row broke out between the SFA and Celtic on Wednesday night after an unnamed Parkhead source revealed the club were frustrated with major decisions that they believe had gone against them this season - including in the last two matches against Rangers, whom they face again at Ibrox on Sunday.

Celtic also expressed concerns about offside decisions given against recent loan signing Robbie Keane.

In a stinging response, SFA president George Peat questioned the courage of the unknown Celtic source but the pressure on Sunday's Old Firm referee Dougie McDonald is set to intensify.

McGarvey, who played for his boyhood heroes between 1980 and 1985, is not impressed either with the focus being shifted on to the match officials as Celtic try to reduce the seven-point gap Rangers enjoy over them at the top of the SPL.

He said: "It is a load of rubbish.

"It's not referees to blame for Celtic being in the position they are in and most Celtic fans know that.

"The team has lost too many goals this season and need to improve on that.

"So you cannot blame referees. It is a feeble excuse.