Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Hearts 2 Celtic 1.

3 points handed to Hearts today in a game Celtic should have won comfortably. Loveens appalling for the first goal but I think Caldwell like McManus is lamentably slow to react to danger. Had he been awake disaster could have been averted. I am sure Hearts could hardly have believed their luck going in at the break 1-1 and Celtic a man down.

Good fighting 2nd half by Celtic and McGeady unlucky to hit the post. Samaras missed a sitter after good work by McDonald. When you look at the replay of Mcdonald chasing the ball to the end line Samaras is strolling instead of racing in to the area in case. All the time you felt that Celtic were capable of handing another to Hearts and they did not dissapoint. Loovens ball watching and Hinkel far too slow. Boruc possibly could have claimed it. So all Celtic efforts came to nought.

I think our hopes of regaining the SPL are rapidly dissapearing. Central defence can be relied on to give goals away regularly. Rangers must be licking their lips waiting for Old Firm clash in January.

It is becoming more infuriating by the game watching Celtic. :)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hearts 2 Celtic 1.

3 points handed to Hearts today in a game Celtic should have won comfortably. Loveens appalling for the first goal but I think Caldwell like McManus is lamentably slow to react to danger. Had he been awake disaster could have been averted. I am sure Hearts could hardly have believed their luck going in at the break 1-1 and Celtic a man down.

Good fighting 2nd half by Celtic and McGeady unlucky to hit the post. Samaras missed a sitter after good work by McDonald. When you look at the replay of Mcdonald chasing the ball to the end line Samaras is strolling instead of racing in to the area in case. All the time you felt that Celtic were capable of handing another to Hearts and they did not dissapoint. Loovens ball watching and Hinkel far too slow. Boruc possibly could have claimed it. So all Celtic efforts came to nought.

I think our hopes of regaining the SPL are rapidly dissapearing. Central defence can be relied on to give goals away regularly. Rangers must be licking their lips waiting for Old Firm clash in January.

why dont you just join the blue square league then??, nobody is lickin their lips bout your next clash with r angers, fact is mate ,part from yer selves , no1 gives a toss,INFURIATING, dont think so, more hilarious

Hearts 2 Celtic 1.

why dont you just join the blue square league then??, nobody is lickin their lips bout your next clash with r angers, fact is mate ,part from yer selves , no1 gives a toss,INFURIATING, dont think so, more hilarious

So nice to hear from such a thoughtful individual. Many other club threads where your measured comments would also be welcome. Good luck in Mastermind. What's your speciality? Football anaylsis for 6y/o's.

Hearts 2 Celtic 1.

So nice to hear from such a thoughtful individual. Many other club threads where your measured comments would also be welcome. Good luck in Mastermind. What's your speciality? Football anaylsis for 6y/o's.

excuse me i, wasnt aware that good humoured banter was unwelcome here :D p.s. no insult intented

South Korea midfielder Ki Sung-yueng said he wants to emulate Japan's Shunsuke Nakamura after signing a four-year deal with Celtic.

The 20-year-old FC Seoul player, voted Asian Young Player of the Year after helping his country reach next year's World Cup finals, put pen to paper at a packed news conference in Seoul.

"I am really happy everything has been completed now. As soon as I signed a contract with Celtic I started to learn more and more about the club," Ki said.

I'm awfully glad he waited until AFTER he signed to find out about Celtic.

Celtic 2 Hamilton 0

Managed to stay awake for 1st half but overcome by sleep very early in the 2nd half. Woke up to see a cracker from McGinn . Another unconvincing display and must have kept the remaining faithful on edge in case Celtic might manage to throw another few points away.

All eyes on Hibs tonight to do us a wee favour.

sorry cb , hibs wouldnt dream of doing celtic or rangers awee favour, rest assured we will go all out to win today, to improve on our respectful league positionit may have escaped your notice, by winning today will leave us an entire 1 point behind you :)

I don't know why I continue to go on the

'Tic website cause it just irks me. Check

out this bronze-droplet of information

from our esteemed manager:

TONY Mowbray was pleased to see his side take all three points against Hamilton at the weekend, though he admitted that the Hoops had made it more difficult that it should have been, given the dominance the home side had enjoyed for the majority of the match.

And here is where Einstein takes over Monobrow:

Speaking after the 2-0 victory over Hamilton, Tony Mowbray said: “I’m happy to take the points. I think at times we made hard work of it, mainly through missing opportunities.

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Happy New Year from CelticBhoy

Too much time on my hands today.

Just spied this on the Mail's website:

Celtic have told their former boss Gordon Strachan to start the bidding at £5million for top scorer Scott McDonald in the January transfer window.

The Middlesbrough manager has identified the Australian striker as his top signing target as he looks to rebuild his stuttering English Championship outfit next month. And Sportsmail understands Strachan has already been in touch with his old club to establish an asking price for the 13-goal forward - as well as a few others.

Tony Mowbray has warned his predecessor publicly that it will take 'silly money' to shift key players while his side have a title to win. And Strachan - who is also expected to tie up defender Gary Caldwell - is currently weighing up whether the price is right.

Hope he takes Caldwell south.

Fact is he can have McDonald

too, in my opinion.

Celtic must be aware that there is a lot of useless deadwood in the squad. I would be astonished if they were able to manage radical surgery in the transfer window.

I am not looking forward to next Sunday. On current form Rangers should win comfortably. :)

And the hits just keep on coming.

From the Daily Record:

Celtic chief Lawwell blasts Killie over postponement

CELTIC chief Peter Lawwell has hit out at Kilmarnock over the postponement of tomorrow's SPL clash at Rugby Park.

An SPL statement said the match was called off due to "approach roads to the stadium being declared unsafe by the police".

Similar circumstances also put paid to tonight's Aberdeen v Falkirk game and tomorrow's St Johnstone v Hibernian and Hamilton v St Mirren matches.

However, Celtic believe the Ayrshire club neglected its responsibility to "ensure the stadium locality is safe".

Lawwell told Celtic's official website: "Clearly, we are extremely disappointed that the match has been postponed.

"We have been told that the pitch is perfectly playable, but we have also been informed that the match cannot proceed due to the stadium footprint (area surrounding the stadium) not being cleared.

"Naturally this is very frustrating for the club and its supporters.

"As is always the case, it is the responsibility of home clubs to ensure that their own footprint or locality is safe and obviously in this case, this has not been achieved."

If Rangers beat Dundee United at Ibrox they will go seven points clear of Celtic at the top of the SPL ahead of the Old Firm derby at Parkhead on January 3.

Just noticed that "they-who-can't-be-named" beat

Dundee Utd 7-1 last night. This means we enter

Sunday's game 7 points behind, albeit with a game

in hand.

But, and here's the but, if we win 16-0 that will put

us on level goal difference and only 4 points behind.

There's always a silver lining!

Here's a wee result ahead of tomorrow's game.

Spotted this in the Daily Record:

RANGERS boss Walter Smith was left seething last night after ref Willie Collum refused to wipe out Kenny Miller's Old Firm ban - just 72 hours before taking on the job of fourth official on derby day.

Smith reacted furiously yesterday to the news Collum had thrown out an official appeal to overturn the red card he dished out to the in-form striker during Wednesday night's 7-1 romp over Dundee United.

Reading the whole article it appears Miller not

only had a quick kick but he had a sly punch

to boot! That's just not on young man.

Celtic 1 Rangers 1

I have to admit CB your prematch anaylsis was far more accurate than mine. We were by far the better team but again threw more points away as so often this season.

Samaras drove me mental with some powder puff attempts except the one near the end and McGeady also have a few lamentable attempts. He did make one decent centre for McDonald's goal but all too often the crosses and corners were poor. Barry Robson's crosses are usually too low a trajectory to cause any problem to the defence. In all the end return for all the pressure was very poor. As usual the breaks went Rangers way. Fortune's goal disallowed McGregor very fortunate and Lafferty only getting yellow for lunging in recklessly on Hinkel.

Having finally gone ahead I was extremly fearful and as usual we conceded an easy equaliser. Why was no one on the post? They surely would have dealt with the situation.

The way things are going we are going to hand it to Rangers this season. Very depressing. :)

I enjoyed watching Celtic last night for the

first time in countless games. It was a fine

display from all . . . . except Samaras. He

is woeful. A real let-down.

If 'they-who-can't-be-named' can score so

easily against other SPL teams then there

is no reason we can't be scoring scores

more than them. We played them off the

park.

Like I said, enjoyable to watch.

Archived