Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

I agree, although I do intermittently post on here, I think it has recently got out of hand and is squarely unfairly for the thread in general, I think it best that we take our squabbles elsewhere and leave this as the Celtic thread only.

My apologies Salty and Celtic Bhoy for biting in the first place.

Good Luck

Moss

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Banter is banter lads. But lets keep the politics out here. Thats goes for any thread in the football forum. Not just the Celtic or Rangers ones. BTW probably stop the scum thing too. I don''t go around calling all the Celtic fans names. (this is from me as a non mod). As you were. :)

Banter is banter lads. But lets keep the politics out here. Thats goes for any thread in the football forum. Not just the Celtic or Rangers ones. BTW probably stop the scum thing too. I don''t go around calling all the Celtic fans names. (this is from me as a non mod). As you were. :)

Fair play JS. No more politics will be spouted from this corner, i put it down to coming out of rehab. At least i have made a new pal in Jamie , so something good came out of it. I will take this opportunity to wish Rangers all the best in clawing back the 31.5 million gbp

they owe the bank, for the sake of scottish football of course. If they sell Boyd , that should net £300,000 so its a start. See , there

ye go , im trying to help our city rivals now. This rehabilitation is truly exhilarating.

ahinkel

Fair play JS. No more politics will be spouted from this corner, i put it down to coming out of rehab. At least i have made a new pal in Jamie , so something good came out of it. I will take this opportunity to wish Rangers all the best in clawing back the 31.5 million gbp

they owe the bank, for the sake of scottish football of course. If they sell Boyd , that should net £300,000 so its a start. See , there

ye go , im trying to help our city rivals now. This rehabilitation is truly exhilarating.

ahinkel

:D :D :D

Dundee Utd 2 Celtic 1.

Normal service resumes. Celtic ahead thanks to a very silly challenge on Robson in the area for a penalty which he converted. Celtic had earlier survived a penalty appeal themselves (stupid challenge from N'Guemo) and DU hitting the bar. Could we somehow sneak a fortunate win I asked myself. Answer No. Dreadful defending as usual at a corner for the equaliser. When DU got another corner near the end you awaited the inevitable and sure enough DU profited from more non marking. That is now 10 points dropped in last 6 matches. At this rate we could be struggling to make the Europa League qualifiers next season.

:)

Dundee Utd 2 Celtic 1.

Normal service resumes. Celtic ahead thanks to a very silly challenge on Robson in the area for a penalty which he converted. Celtic had earlier survived a penalty appeal themselves (stupid challenge from N'Guemo) and DU hitting the bar. Could we somehow sneak a fortunate win I asked myself. Answer No. Dreadful defending as usual at a corner for the equaliser. When DU got another corner near the end you awaited the inevitable and sure enough DU profited from more non marking. That is now 10 points dropped in last 6 matches. At this rate we could be struggling to make the Europa League qualifiers next season.

:)

Just two wins in 9 games, what a croc. One half of the chuckle brothers out of action today, but the other half didnt disapoint. Posted missing on two set piece corners. At least theyre consistent,, ( in f ups ,that is). Make you want to back on di swally watchin that keech

And this weeks print the bloody obvious award goes to the Scottish Sunday Mail . . . .

Tony Mowbray: We Showed We Have Bottle to Bounce Back from Poor Results

Nov 29 2009 Gordon Waddell, Sunday Mail

TONY MOWBRAY last night praised his Celtic stars for having the bottle to bounce back to the top of the SPL after their horror run.

The Hoops and their boss were under heavy fire after taking only one point out of their previous six and two wins from 10 matches.

But yesterday's 3-1 victory over St Mirren saw them take advantage of Rangers' lunchtime defeat at Pittodrie to go two points clear of their bitter rivals.

And beleaguered Mogga insisted: "There was considerable pressure on the team. It is to their great credit that they overcame any potential anxiety around the place and got a result."

Lets hope they can push on from here, a win against the sheep next weekend and maybe light at the end o the tunnel. Without McGeady against st mirren , we would have struggled. Crosas , nguemo , fortunei ????. What are these guys contributing. Zero. Niall mcginn, mccourt and robson are a far better option. Cmon mogga, show us a bit of life.

Thought it was an away game? Losing the plot I think!

Highlights on today at 5pm, so looking forward to that.

We're going to win every game this month. My son and

I were having a good chat about how the year is going

to pan out and that's what he came up with. Enjoy the

results that follow.

Crosas and Nguemo doin absolutely SFA once again.

Crosas I'll agree with, but N'Guemo looked quite all right.

He stays on his feet and battles on 9 times out of 10.

The run through midfield in the latter stages of the second

half with his shot rebounding off the post was great.

Another 3 points today at Motherwell despite Celtic doing their best to throw more points away. In Thailand since Wednesday so spent a lot of the game dozing intermittently. Good start well in control but then back to giving stupid goals away.(Un)HolyGoalie for the 1st and our ever dependable central defenders for the 2nd.

Had a good snooze at half time and woke to see McGeady equalizer. Celtic seemed to be all over them after that but another missed penalty. Is there anyone on the side who can take one with some degree of confidence.?

In and out of sleep for remainder of 2nd half. Woke several times to see 2-2 but then saw 2-3. Motherwell player injured so saw replay of 3rd goal. Absolute cracker from Fortune and unlucky near the end not to score again. Good to see him score. He has a powerful shot and hopefully he will pull the trigger in future when appropiate. Nerves not helped by stupid pass from Loovens near the end which could have cost us but they managed to see it out.

What's with this annoying Thai voiceover. I am certain last season the SPL matches had English commentary. I wonder it is anything to do with Setanta not covering the SPl anymore. CB?

What's with this annoying Thai voiceover. I am certain last season the SPL matches had English commentary. I wonder it is anything to do with Setanta not covering the SPl anymore. CB?

I watched the game live last night. First live one for a while,

all banter was in English - UBC / True 61. True Sports 3.

You hearing voices in your head, Salty ol' son?!

I'll back him again though. Wee N'Guemo is an important

member of this currently sad group we follow. Loovens

should stick to golf (my missus thinks he's Ernie Els!)

Bring back O'Dea, or build a wall. Defence is woeful.

CB, 61 for me also and I was sober. Reminded me of early days of TV in Ireland when some local gobshite insisted on "explaining" everything even though the vast majority of viewers knew far more than him.

Defensive wise we need to do what The Special One said about Spurs a few years ago ie Park the bus in front of the goal.

Come on CB i have asked once about the scum thing. Please try and refrain from using that word.

Archived