Doing Things The Thai Way!

not wearing bike helmets when its law to do so.

smoking in bars and restaurants when its now law not to.

Turning into one way streets( top end of soi green mango comes to mind)

Riding motor bike against the flow of traffic for convenience sake.

These are just a few that comes to mind,can you list some more.Personally i love this quirkyness,does n't bother me at all but i could see it might anoy others.

How good is the new ghost road?I know not part of topic but i went down there the other night quick fast(without helmet!)far cry from a year ago when it looked like a WW1 battle field.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good is the new ghost road?I know not part of topic but i went down there the other night quick fast(without helmet!)far cry from a year ago when it looked like a WW1 battle field.

My Brother who lives down by the GR said that its great - he can now use the chopper again and leave the trials bike at home

Also - carrying all those carrier bags on the bike after a supermarket shop!

These are just a few that comes to mind,can you list some more.Personally i love this quirkyness,does n't bother me at all but i could see it might anoy others.

it is THEIR country. What? are they supposed to do all things like they in your country? :o

Putting a 5kg bag of ice, medium sized dog or the odd child in the front basket of their motorbike and wondering why oncoming traffic at night can't see them.

Sugar on fried noodles.

Salt on fresh fruit.

Keeping dead fish in a bucket rather than burial at sea.

25 Satang coins, they must cost more than that to make and distribute.

schedule an evening party and buy the beers at 7/11 instead of cheaper mall(makro).

run on the last gasoline drop and end up by buying a 700ml bottle for the price of 1.25l at ptt.

buy a wonderfull sweet fruit and put salt on it.

eat green pineapple.

think the other is so stupid by telling a lie that even the most retarded couldn't believe.

On a motorbike - turning right at 45 degrees (or worse) often cutting across the opposite flow of traffic (i.e. rather than turning at a right angle once you are past the opposite lane).

Eating a food dish that you haven't ordered, rather than pointing out the error and asking for it to be changed.

it is THEIR country. What? are they supposed to do all things like they in your country? :o

as i said in the post i was n't complaining..............i do all of the things i mentioned too"when in rome do as the romans do"

as i said in the post i was n't complaining..............i do all of the things i mentioned too"when in rome do as the romans do"

I didn't interpret your post as a complaint either. The Thais have the right to do it 'their way' - this is Thailand. I actually think it can become an interesting and amusing thread (although some people may take the opportinity to 'have a dig', or be overly defensive - as above.

When faced with a question that you don't want to/ can't answer, simply laugh. Continue to laugh each time the question is asked untilt the questioner gets bored or embarassed and gives up.

Ride bike on foot path to get around traffic jam......

the thais were amused because i had to move a large potted plant to get by, after doing so I moved moved it back where it was.

- The look of total bewilderment was worth the effort :o

THis sounds a lot like Perth./

Always moaning that the 'Som Tam' is too spicy,but continue to finish and always have the shits the next day.

Like to park the car over 2 bays at Lotus.

Putting a night market on a busy stretch of the ring road.

Always moaning that the 'Som Tam' is too spicy,but continue to finish and always have the shits the next day.

Like to park the car over 2 bays at Lotus.

Putting a night market on a busy stretch of the ring road.

What are bays? Ooooh you mean you are supposed to park within the white lines?

riding a motorbike with a hat, then the hat flies away - going back to pick it up in the middle of the main road with a big smile

at the gasoiline station, looking inside your car when you pay and ask for a sigarette, then smoke it while refuelling the tank of the next car