How Long Can You Leave Thailand On A Re-entry Permit?

On the Front Page here, there is a sentence stating:

"Re-entry Permit

If you have an extension of stay and would like to travel outside of Thailand for a short period then an re-entry permit will be needed"

What is the longest period possible? Given the fact, that all these Re-Entry Permits are valid for the same time as the One-Year-Extension of Stay.

I am planning to leave Thailand for about 4 months within this frame of time. Is this acceptable? What about the TM47-Notifications. Can/should these be interrupted?

Yes, as long as you want as long as your return is BEFORE your current extension of stay expires.

And what about the TM47? - Thanks for your help.

The 90 day clock for address reporting restarts when you re-enter the country.

Yes, as long as you want as long as your return is BEFORE your current extension of stay expires.

And what about the TM47? - Thanks for your help.

So why can't I get an extension of stay from Pattaya immigration?

I have a multiple entry non O visa for one year based on mariage with a Thai citizen and I work abroad so I stay 6 weeks in Thailand and go 6 weeks to wherever my ship is working at that moment.

But Pattaya immigration doesn't want to give me a year extension of my visa because they say I go abroad enough so I can get a visa from a embassy of another country

danboksida1, it is unusual for an immigration office to refuse an annual extension in a case like yours. Try talking to a higher-ranking officer if you get refused at a lower level.

--

Maestro

Did you present the required paperwork for a one year extension of stay and have your wife with you? Income of 40k per month confirmed in an Embassy letter if using your overseas income would be required.

But they do have a valid point as with your work schedule it might be easier for you to continue to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa and use that for entry. No re-entry permit would then be required - just a visit to a Consulate every 12-14 months for a new visa.

If you have a one-year extension tied to a work permit and then go abroad for, say, several months perhaps on unpaid leave, you will need to discuss payment of income tax before you go. If tax is not paid, then there will be issues with the Revenue, potentially leading to issues with the work permit. If the work permit is cancelled, then the visa extension and of course the re-entry permit go with it.

On the Front Page here, there is a sentence stating:

"Re-entry Permit

If you have an extension of stay and would like to travel outside of Thailand for a short period then an re-entry permit will be needed"

What is the longest period possible? Given the fact, that all these Re-Entry Permits are valid for the same time as the One-Year-Extension of Stay.

I am planning to leave Thailand for about 4 months within this frame of time. Is this acceptable? What about the TM47-Notifications. Can/should these be interrupted?

My retirement extension has to be renewed in August each year, and I left Thailand mid-February 2007 and returned to Thailand the end of July 2007, a total of 5-1/2 months and Immigration didn't mention anything when I renewed my extension. I suppose some officers might make it an issue if one spent more time outside of Thailand than within Thailand though?