Thai Girls Lay'em On Their Backs

Andrew Hicks

:D

I don't really enjoy the taste of them either. Although I will chop one up into a blend, or eat with a brekky cereal to get the benefit of all that bananananana goodness.

Interesting banana fact #2885: "Bananarama" were Britain's most famous and successful all-girl group, despite not possessing any visible trace of talent, whatsoever. :o

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of bananas did you know that if you peel them from the point (not the stem) you will not get the stringy bits hanging on it.

Try it, it works.

I found that out one day by watching my Thai wife peel a banana. Since that day I too am peeling it from the point.

....but you should see her try to eat a Sloppy Joe sandwich... :o

Another Thai bashing thread.

If you don't like the way the Thai handle their bananas why don't you go home????

Bananas are mishandled all over the world, this is not just a Thai problem!!!

Anyways, if you put them on their backs they form a nice positive hard curve, not a droopy soft curve.

Storing:

Never store unripe bananas in the refrigerator! They simply will not ripen properly because the cold interferes with the ripening process. Bringing refrigerated bananas back to room temperature will not reverse the process. However, once bananas are ripe, they can be refrigerated for up to two weeks. Take note that their skins will turn black. Give yellow-green bananas time to ripen at room temperature to a sunny yellow color, from one to three days, or they will taste astringent and be difficult to digest. Ripen plantains at room temperature. They may take up to three weeks to soften and ripen to a dull yellow color mottled with numerous black spots. Most fruits give off an ethylene gas in the process of ripening. Because bananas release a higher concentration of ethylene gas, they ripen quickly. If you've bought green bananas and want to accelerate the ripening, place them into a paper or plastic bag. Adding an apple to the bag will encourage faster ripening. To take advantage of very ripe bargain bananas, simply peel them, cut them into chunks, and wrap them in plastic. Tuck them into the freezer and use as needed for smoothies, or defrost and mash them for baking or making fruit sauces.

source :http://www.banana.com/

This thread is stupid and has no point really. Plus the title of the thread is misleading. I think this thread should be closed as its pointless and has wasted 2 mins of my life reading this garbage. Lets save a few minutes of some fellow members and can this thread

Storing:

Never store unripe bananas in the refrigerator! They simply will not ripen properly because the cold interferes with the ripening process. Bringing refrigerated bananas back to room temperature will not reverse the process. However, once bananas are ripe, they can be refrigerated for up to two weeks. Take note that their skins will turn black. Give yellow-green bananas time to ripen at room temperature to a sunny yellow color, from one to three days, or they will taste astringent and be difficult to digest. Ripen plantains at room temperature. They may take up to three weeks to soften and ripen to a dull yellow color mottled with numerous black spots. Most fruits give off an ethylene gas in the process of ripening. Because bananas release a higher concentration of ethylene gas, they ripen quickly. If you've bought green bananas and want to accelerate the ripening, place them into a paper or plastic bag. Adding an apple to the bag will encourage faster ripening. To take advantage of very ripe bargain bananas, simply peel them, cut them into chunks, and wrap them in plastic. Tuck them into the freezer and use as needed for smoothies, or defrost and mash them for baking or making fruit sauces.

source :http://www.banana.com/

I dont get it.

Can not reverse the process???

All ships that carry bananas around the world store them in big refrigerated containers. This so they can slow down the ripening process.

Once they are off loaded and brought in to room temps, they continue the ripening process.

This thread is stupid and has no point really. Plus the title of the thread is misleading. I think this thread should be closed as its pointless and has wasted 2 mins of my life reading this garbage. Lets save a few minutes of some fellow members and can this thread

The majority of people like bananas.

So, could this not be a subject for discussion then?

Oh, I hope you didnt read this, as I dont want you to waste your extremely valuable your time.

:o:D

Some of us living in the LOS need the distraction. Nothing to watch on UBC. So we entertain ourselves here.

I guess we could go out and get drunk and make asses of ourselves. No, wait that is what most of us do.

As for treating bananas here's the original instructions.

Fascinating, the things I learn from ThaiVisa! :o

I should go straight home and check my bananas but I never buy them because I don't like bananas.

Anyhow the mind boggles.

Wifey : "What are you doing in the kitchen?"

Husband : "Nothing dear, just checking my bananas."

Hi Phil

I dislike the taste of your normal run of the mill type of Bananas

But try the 'gwenemwa" type - to my taste buds they taste more like Apples.

Seriously.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I'll try hunting them down but my chances of finding any here in central VN are slim.

Anyhow last night I found a very palatable way of eating bananas. Banane flambe au cognac. Aroi maak maak. :o:D

Right, now I'm getting my two important food groups anybody up for a trade in livers?

My wife tells me that the very bad bananas are fed to the ducks.

lmao.gif

My wife agrees and says they should be cut off very close to the base for best affecting..

Also, the US Food and Drug Admin, known for being very tight on claims of medicinal values of products, allow the banana industry to state the true fact that bananas lower blood pressure.

Try the inside of a peel on mosquito bites! Amazing...

A woman who lays bananas on their backs is has tendency to be submissive and a woman who

lays them on their tips is dominant.

My wife Cat lays them on their backs so she doesn't fit your theory one little bit.

Hey guys, thanks for all the stuff on bananas... but this is a serious thread!

I want you to confirm my research conclusion, that all 'Thai girls' in Surin and Sisaket lay'em on their backs.

So you tell me, is this just a local or a country wide phenomenon?

I really want to know!

My wife tells me that the very bad bananas are fed to the ducks.

lmao.gif

My wife agrees and says they should be cut off very close to the base for best affecting..

Also, the US Food and Drug Admin, known for being very tight on claims of medicinal values of products, allow the banana industry to state the true fact that bananas lower blood pressure.

Try the inside of a peel on mosquito bites! Amazing...

Good fun this one, thanks folks ! The USDA is probably on target especially if it is cut off close to the base. :o

And I assume you all know why bananas are curved, thus creating the above-cited problem in the first place???????? :D

No we do not, but something tells me we soon will.................... :D

"negative geotropism"? :o

I used to hang the whole rack:

post-35489-1218748617_thumb.jpg

...but now hang individual hands in Big C bags:

post-35489-1218748663_thumb.jpg

If I'm lucky, they will ripen a few at a time and the hand will last a few days:

post-35489-1218748649_thumb.jpg

And if the weather is windy, the poor old 'nana tree may need a little support: :D

post-35489-1218748633_thumb.jpg