Briton Murdered

sotsira

<H1 class=sectionheading style="WIDTH: 535px">WORLD NEWS</H1><H1 class=articleHeading>THAI POLICE PROBE BRITON'S DEATH </H1>56535_1.jpg

Foreign Office say Thai police are investigating the Briton's death

Tuesday August 12,2008

Police are investigating the death of a British man in Thailand, the Foreign Office said.

Ian Beeston, 69, was found beaten and stabbed to death at his home in a village in the north-eastern Thai province of Roi Et, the Daily Mail online reported.

Mr Beeston, who had grown-up children from a previous marriage, had predicted his death in a letter left with his lawyers.

According to the Mail, he wrote: "It is just a matter of time now. I am in real fear for my own life."

A Foreign Office spokeswoman confirmed that a British national had died but refused to give further details.

A spokeswoman said: "We can confirm a British national died in Roi Et, north-east Thailand, on Friday August 8.

"The Royal Thai police are investigating."