ตายห่า

Neeranam

What exactly does ตายห่า mean?

I head it recently and guessed it meant that someone dies horribly or from a nast illness like Aids.

I know what ห่า means as part of a curse but can't see the connection.

Edited by Neeranam

I head it recently and guessed it meant that someone dies horribly or from a nast illness like Aids.

I've always known it as more of an expletive someting like G*d dam_n!! (Am I alllowed to say that here?)

Be good to have a more exact expanation though

AjarnP :o

If we are talking about 'dead', then ตายห่า has a formal meaning which is 'to die of cholera or other certain epidemic disease.' And ตายโหง means to die a violent death, such as murdered or from accident.

Sometimes you might hear someone said ตายห่า which simply mean dead but refer to the one they don't like or people who are not worth to talk about.

This word can be used in many meanings like others have mentioned, so, make sure you get it right when you heard it. :o

If we are talking about 'dead', then ตายห่า has a formal meaning which is 'to die of cholera or other certain epidemic disease.' And ตายโหง means to die a violent death, such as murdered or from accident.

Sometimes you might hear someone said ตายห่า which simply mean dead but refer to the one they don't like or people who are not worth to talk about.

This word can be used in many meanings like others have mentioned, so, make sure you get it right when you heard it. :o

Some people use it when they all of a sudden remember something important, adding ตายห่า make it more shocking I guess.

ตายห่า I forgot to do this/that...

Some people use it when they all of a sudden remember something important, adding ตายห่า make it more shocking I guess.

ตายห่า I forgot to do this/that...

Interesting, I've heard ตายแล้ว and ต๊ายตาย used when people forget things, but never ตายห่า so far. It's possible I will start to notice it now though.

People use ตายห่า to express surprise. It's more like the term "oh shit", when you just remembered you forgot your resume to an important interview.

An example of this in a saying would be ตายห่าฉันลืมดับเตาไฟก่อนออก, which would basically mean Oh Shit! I forgot to turn off the stove before leaving.

Oh ...shit, God dammm ... what ever meaning....This word is a little bit impolite...but if you want to say in the cute way.....You could say dtaai la waa ตาย ละ หว่า :o leum ...ลืม.........

I know what ห่า means as part of a curse but can't see the connection.

My wife agrees with you that it means to die in a horrible way.

Cheers, Rick

(From the Lexitron dictionary)

ตายห่า

ตายห่า [V] die of cholera or other certain epidemic disease; die from some of contagious disease

Def. ตายด้วยอหิวาตกโรคหรือกาฬโรค.

Sample:ผู้คนในหมู่บ้านตายห่ากันมาก เมื่อตอนก่อนสงครามโลก

ตายห่า [ADV] extremely; terribly; awfully; heavily; severely

Def. อย่างมีอาการเหนื่อยแทบตาย, เหนื่อยมาก.

Sample:เขาบ่นกับเมียทันทีที่ถึงบ้านว่าทำงานทั้งวันเหนื่อยตายห่า

ตายห่า [iNT] dam_n; shit

Def. คำอุทานแสดงความรู้สึกไม่พอใจ.

Sample:ตายห่า นี่มันโกงกันชัดๆ อย่างนี้ก็แย่สิ

Thanks K.Yoot and everyone else :D