Looking For Guitar Tutor

Pdaz

I've been playing electric guitar for a few Months.. (finally have the time to play) I've had some lessons with a couple of Thai fellas.. Both good guitarists but their lessons were a bit too structured and despite my reasonable Thai kinda dificult to get the answers I want.

So anybody know of any expats with time to spare who'd like to teach guitar ? or failing that recomend any other Thai tutors..

Interested in all the usual heavy/classic rock and modern stuff like Nirvana/Green day etc...

Oh I live on the darkside .. but happy to travel

cheers

PD

PM me for info/renumeration

You can get virtual lessons on the internet. Here are some useful sites:

1) You Tube....just punch in guitar lessons. You can specify jazz, beginers whatever.

2) Ultimate guitar tabs ...... thousands of songs with chords and tabs

3) Fretplay

4) 911 Tabs

5) Lick by neck ( a bit more difficult )

I'd help you out myself but I'm in Bangkok....good luck with it anyway.

Hello Pdaz,

I myself had a similar scenario some months back,and (as already mentioned here) went to the YAMAHA shop on

Sukhumvit(opposite Theprassit Road traffic lights).A very friendly Thai Lady tutor with passable English who gives her

1 to 1 lessons in an Air-Con room.The price from recollection was 1000Baht for 4 hours and you can pick and choose

your times and own schedule.All-in-all,a friendly place who give a good-one-price-for-all deal and whom I found to be

good to deal with. :o

Edited by lalana

I been playin guitar for 23 years

Yngwie Malmsteen

Jason Becker

Jo Satriani

listen to these greats but Malmsteen was my main influence way back in 84 when he first appeared.

Only vinyl then when I was in thi sflat been playing for about a year used to turn the vinyl real slow to figure out the notes could not read music

Nowadays the guitar mags with cds Youtube etc is much real help

ALL the great guitarists taught themselves really really important tip this that you develop your own technique.

Practice its a long learn curve you bang your head practicing but then suddenly see that you took a leap forward from all those months ago

IF you got the passion like the greats and me ( I have not practiced for a year with so much stuff going on in my life and bad stuff and no Time, just not had the enthusiasm anyway think of this and good luck keep rockin

I figured out Die Straits how to play Romeo and Juliet in 84 when nobody could figure it out I had THAT much passion for playing guitar. TO play tune down top and bottom E strings and put capo on third fret

P.S ultimate guitar some good tabs on site search GOogle

Edited by whitethai