The Ten Worst Premier Leauge Players Ever.......

redrus

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Vinnie Jones? The man was a legend. A great asset in midfield for any club. OK, not renowned for his finesse, but he was bloody effective and he terrorised defenders at set pieces and scored a few himself.

Top man.

His acting was better than his football..............................................just.

Perhaps this falls more into the worst buy rather than worst player category, but Sebastian Veron certainly would have been bad even had he cost a fraction of what both Man U and Chelsea forked out for him.

Yeah, it was a lot but, most match going reds will tell you that watching Veron at United was fookin sublime, the guy's a genius, fact....!

Richard Dunne? Man Citys Player of the Year for the last 4 years?

That's just ridiculous!

No it's not, the guys a Donkey....!

Thats kind of what this was about though, you give me your 10 then....?

redrus

Redrus, i'm interested to know the difference between a match going red and a sit at home watch it on the box, not going anywhere red? Do you mean that match going reds see all the off the ball stuff and that makes their opinion more informed?

Veron looked hopeless on my TV screen, and i'm puzzled as to how seeing him in person he became sublime?

I need explain no further, that was parfait. Cheers.

Veron's movement, positioning and touch was what made him. As said above he was probably in the wrong country. Watching him week in week out was a pleasure you should be sad you missed.

redrus

Edited by redrus

That's just ridiculous!

redrus

Calling Dunne one of the worst 10 players in premiership history is a joke. It really is.

Others have mentioned a few that I'd have in my list with Ali Dia being the most obvious choice.

A name that I haven't seen mentioned who has been shocking since he arrived in the Premiership is Andy Van Der Meyde.

That's just ridiculous!

redrus

Calling Dunne one of the worst 10 players in premiership history is a joke. It really is.

BBbbbooooo, hisssss. I feel like pantomime baddy....! He's a donkey. Someone said earlier that Phil Neville's a donkey, he's fookin Pele compared to that ee aaw tit....! :o

redrus

Veron's movement, positioning and touch was what made him. As said above he was probably in the wrong country. Watching him week in week out was a pleasure you should be sad you missed.

My point was that i did watch him week in week out just like you, albeit from a greater distance, so i have nothing to be sad about, except of course for all the money that was wasted on him.

As regards him being in the wrong country is concerned... was the Premiership supposed to have adapted itself for his style of play? Of course not. Nobody forces a player to play in a given league. They come knowing what the league is all about and it's their job, for which they are richly paid, to adapt their game to suit. That Veron didn't suggests to me he wasn't quite the sublime genius you would have us to believe he was.

Back to the subject of the ten worst players - such a list is always going to unfairly pick on defenders. When a defender does his job badly and lets in goals, it's much more noticeable than when a striker simply fails to score, although it's quite possible that the striker is a worse player. Anyway, with that said, i have nothing against giving defenders a hard time, so please continue...

That's just ridiculous!

redrus

BBbbbooooo, hisssss. I feel like pantomime baddy....! He's a donkey. Someone said earlier that Phil Neville's a donkey, he's fookin Pele compared to that ee aaw tit....! :o

redrus

This redrus is going on and on about how he watches football all the time, but you can't of seen any football over the past 5 years... Either that or you haven't got a clue about football... Richard Dunne a donkey? What? That's like saying C/ Ronaldo hasn't scored for a few years.. Even if you don't really rate Dunne, I find it hard to believe that you really think he's one of the 10 worst players..

Here's mine:

Ali Dia

Marco Boogers

Corrado Grabbi

Massimo Macarone

Tomas Brolin

Boumsong

Steed Marlet

And any player bought by redknapp for West Ham with the R. Ferdinand money.. including, Titi Camara, Christian Dailly et all!!

My point was that i did watch him week in week out just like you, albeit from a greater distance, so i have nothing to be sad about, except of course for all the money that was wasted on him.

As regards him being in the wrong country is concerned... was the Premiership supposed to have adapted itself for his style of play? Of course not. Nobody forces a player to play in a given league. They come knowing what the league is all about and it's their job, for which they are richly paid, to adapt their game to suit. That Veron didn't suggests to me he wasn't quite the sublime genius you would have us to believe he was.

Back to the subject of the ten worst players - such a list is always going to unfairly pick on defenders. When a defender does his job badly and lets in goals, it's much more noticeable than when a striker simply fails to score, although it's quite possible that the striker is a worse player. Anyway, with that said, i have nothing against giving defenders a hard time, so please continue...

From a greater distance being, your armchair....! From any other fans I'd expect vitriol regards Veron and, from United fans that didn't watch him 'live' when he played but that can't be changed now as we can't meet up, have a pint and go and see for ourselves. It will remain in the 'IMO' status.

That's just ridiculous!

redrus

redrus

This redrus is going on and on about how he watches football all the time, but you can't of seen any football over the past 5 years... Either that or you haven't got a clue about football... Richard Dunne a donkey? What? That's like saying C/ Ronaldo hasn't scored for a few years.. Even if you don't really rate Dunne, I find it hard to believe that you really think he's one of the 10 worst players..

Here's mine:

Ali Dia

Marco Boogers

Corrado Grabbi

Massimo Macarone

Tomas Brolin

Boumsong

Steed Marlet

And any player bought by redknapp for West Ham with the R. Ferdinand money.. including, Titi Camara, Christian Dailly et all!!

'This redrus....?' :D

As it states in my original post 'IMO'

Richard Dunne is a Donkey and, so is Mikael Silvestre, does that ease your burden....!

I don't mean to upset you so much but, a top ten of the worst premier league players isn't going to be agreed upon, I promise I'll leave iccle Dunney Wunny alone if you do....

redrus

From a greater distance being, your armchair....! From any other fans I'd expect vitriol regards Veron and, from United fans that didn't watch him 'live' when he played but that can't be changed now as we can't meet up, have a pint and go and see for ourselves. It will remain in the 'IMO' status.

Yes i was in my armchair. Would if be any better if i had stood whilst watching the games on my TV?! Make my opinion more credible?

I completely with you on the "IMO" status, but i'm still not sure exactly why your "IMO" is worth more than my "IMO", which is what you seem to be suggesting. I accept that those in the stands get a bigger picture of what is going on, but i'm not sure that having a bigger picture can transform a player from crap to sublime.

Anyway, i only wish we could squabble about all this over a pint rather than a keyboard!

That's just ridiculous!

Only just spotted this.

Red, that is probably the most <deleted> i have heard you spout, in all these years. I know it's against the grain cos he doesn't wear a red shirt but at least give a player some worthy credit.

That's just ridiculous!

Only just spotted this.

Red, that is probably the most <deleted> i have heard you spout, in all these years. I know it's against the grain cos he doesn't wear a red shirt but at least give a player some worthy credit.

Am I next to be accused of trolling, what is this....! :o

Mrb, I just took a dislike to him years ago cos the guy can do nothing right, I've seen him have about 3 good games and can't believe he makes your first team, nevermind Captain....! I gather my point is not widely shared but, hey, what can I do.... :D

Anyway, who's the worst ever. I remember saying the Djemba twins but, Titus Bramble keeps nagging at me....

redrus

That's just ridiculous!

Only just spotted this.

Am I next to be accused of trolling, what is this....! :o

Mrb, I just took a dislike to him years ago cos the guy can do nothing right, I've seen him have about 3 good games and can't believe he makes your first team, nevermind Captain....! I gather my point is not widely shared but, hey, what can I do.... :D

Anyway, who's the worst ever. I remember saying the Djemba twins but, Titus Bramble keeps nagging at me....

redrus

Your point isn't widely shared simply because it's wrong. You clearly took a disliking to him a few years ago when he was nowhere near the defender he is now but it looks like you're too stubborn to reconsider it. Dunne has been fantastic the past few seasons and could of easily moved to a bigger club this season but opted to stay.

Arsenal/Spurs both should of made a move for him this summer before he singed his new contract.

Lets...

Uniteds worst premiership player?

William Prunier

Wow, there's a name....! Djemba Djemba or Massimo Taibi too. A lot of people don't like Darren Fletcher, he's not and never was the worst although I think he's come on leaps and bounds.

redrus

Fletcher's a decent enough player to have in the squad. I'd actually be dissapointed to see him leave at the moment.

I was the same with Phil Neville, I'd much rather have kept him and sold John O'pie to Everton....!

redrus

Dunne has been fantastic the past few seasons and could of easily moved to a bigger club this season but opted to stay.

Who's bigger than us? We're "massive" :D

Lets move on then.... :o

:D

Oi Mr, what you giraffin about.....?

redrus

Dunne has been fantastic the past few seasons and could of easily moved to a bigger club this season but opted to stay.

redrus

Cos you like to move on and never admit to a city player being any good. :D

redrus

Cos you like to move on and never admit to a city player being any good. :D

Peter Schmeichel, Kasper Schmeichel, Dennis Law arn't/wern't bad....! :D

redrus

Ali Dia -Southampton 96

Gus Caesar- Arsenal 91

Istvan Kozma- Liverpool 92

William Prunier - Man Utd 96

Li Wei-Feng - Everton 02

Andre Silenzi - Forest 95

Ian Ormondroyd - Villa/Leicester 91-95

Ade Akinbiyi - Leicester 2000

Nicky Summerbee - Man City mid 90's

Jason (pineapple) Lee - forest mid 90's

Ali Dia -Southampton 96

Gus Caesar- Arsenal 91

Istvan Kozma- Liverpool 92

William Prunier - Man Utd 96

Li Wei-Feng - Everton 02

Andre Silenzi - Forest 95

Ian Ormondroyd - Villa/Leicester 91-95

Ade Akinbiyi - Leicester 2000

Nicky Summerbee - Man City mid 90's

Jason (pineapple) Lee - forest mid 90's

Some crackers there, still don't beat Titus though... :o

What was the name of that Italian Keeper Man Ure had for a few Game Taini, Taibi or something along those lines, the Fella who let a Southampoton ( was it Le Tissier ?? ) Player Pea Roller & it went throgh his body & hands, softest Goal ever

Mentioned in the OP I think, Massimo Taibi, a talented keeper who never ever recovered from a few glaring cock up's....!

redrus

Taibi, that's the one..:o

Ok here's some more, Iain Dowie, Paul Konchesky, Carlton Palmer, Raggy Soma, & we shouldn't forget Titus Bramble... :D