Maxnet (tt&t)

sweetchariot

I posted this on the Pattaya forum as internet troubles seem to be localised here in LOSi (land of <deleted> internet).

I'm on Maxnet 2k/1k, and have been happy with it in the main. But now it's like pushing custard uphill. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same. I bought a new router 3 days ago and fear I may have f*cked up the installation, but just read a thread about TOT being at a crawl.

Anyone in Pattaya having the same experience? Or is it my router?

Nope, my TTT/Maxnet connection works as good (or bad) as usual... If you, like most farangs, are mostly looking at farang websites you'd be well off getting the Premium rather than the cheapo subscription.

Eff off Mr Conners - it is the premium, you know I'm not a cheap charlie :o

No problems with my Maxnet here in Third Road close to the Buffalo Bar. But a friend of mine in the Diana Estate on Buakhaow is always moaning about his speeds. I have just returned from a stay in Penang and the speed there is usually ess aitch one tee, which is surprising as I thought Malaysia was more advanced that the Land of Smiles!

I had it all made clear to me in recent post (see below) as to why service in one part of town can be as-advertised and another identical subscription 3 kilometers away can be like watching paint dry. If there are any subscribers on your 'loop' that are bandwidth hogs, ie. streaming multimedia, online gaming or torrenting movies, then your shared bandwidth will suffer. You would think this would be more prevalent in condos where it's almost a certainty that there's the maximum subs on each loop but in my case, in a house on a very small soi, it can happen anywhere. In my case, the new install over a year ago was smokin', now it's a drip-feed and mostly completely dead through the night. I will probably try an upgraded package and see if that has less local w*nkers signed up.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2144767

Edited by NanLaew