Walking Street Journal

BugJackBaron

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 5 months later...
Don't understand all the negative comment, it's very entertaining and amusing.

Lighten up lads.

beeng french ,i had a hard time figuring what is a monger, thanks to "collinpattaya" and "wcr" ,i think i got it

For my two cents, I think its a great read, makes me laugh everytime. It's a satirical comment on life in Pattaya and not a serious read - lighten up !!!

I'll second that.

It's good for a laugh but i'm sure that like most other fun expat things around there will always be someone out there going to <deleted> up the fun for others.

I'm surprised (and again, NOT surprised) that people here dislike the WSJ. I think it's great satire on Pattaya life - albeit mainly satire on the hetero life - still a great read. It's the only publication here that describes Pattaya like it is and not a watered-down, stale rag like the one Neils Colov gives us... honestly, does anyone care about some Deputy Mayor's assistant's son getting married? No. Give me satire and anecdotes relating to the countless personal tragedies manifested by too many Changs at a Soi 7 bar, a bar slag who's "different" than all the others, and her family's sick water buffalo in Nakhon Nowhere.

I'm amused and disheartened by the poster who is currently planning to "report" this paper to the authorities, citing its over-the-top sexual nature as the smoking gun. Has he ever stopped to think there are people out there that might enjoy something that he does not? Is he aware that he can simply bypass the paper at the newsstand, and thus, not become offended by its contents? Is he aware that the owner is another farang like him doing what they can to fill the hours? He must really despise freedom.

I'm surprised (and again, NOT surprised) that people here dislike the WSJ. I think it's great satire on Pattaya life - albeit mainly satire on the hetero life - still a great read. It's the only publication here that describes Pattaya like it is and not a watered-down, stale rag like the one Neils Colov gives us... honestly, does anyone care about some Deputy Mayor's assistant's son getting married? No. Give me satire and anecdotes relating to the countless personal tragedies manifested by too many Changs at a Soi 7 bar, a bar slag who's "different" than all the others, and her family's sick water buffalo in Nakhon Nowhere.

I'm amused and disheartened by the poster who is currently planning to "report" this paper to the authorities, citing its over-the-top sexual nature as the smoking gun. Has he ever stopped to think there are people out there that might enjoy something that he does not? Is he aware that he can simply bypass the paper at the newsstand, and thus, not become offended by its contents? Is he aware that the owner is another farang like him doing what they can to fill the hours? He must really despise freedom.

I was in Pattaya recently(now live in Bangkok) and thought I would try to find a copy.

Nowhere. Is it still being published?

The magazine "pattaya expat" seems to have vanished too.

Anyone got the scoop on this?

I was in Pattaya recently(now live in Bangkok) and thought I would try to find a copy.

Pattaya Expat is still publlished bi-monthly and is freely available at Friendship Supermarket, Pattaya Tai.

The best recent new free magazine is called 'Pattaya Grapevine'. This is a quality glossy publication and is highly recommended.

Pattaya Expat is still publlished bi-monthly and is freely available at Friendship Supermarket, Pattaya Tai.

The best recent new free magazine is called 'Pattaya Grapevine'. This is a quality glossy publication and is highly recommended.

called 'Pattaya Grapevine' where can we buy this one syd ?

Its a wonderful publication, it is the only newspaper my two little house dogs will do their business on. I pick up a dozen at a time each time i pop into the local supermarket.

Can honestly say I've never read it though. Keep publishing guys or my dogs will be lost.

• 4 months later...
Its still being published. Not sure how many copies now so maybe it had sold out?

where did the walking street journal go? I haven't seen it at the avenue nor have i seen it at friendship market? please tell me the worldwide bleeding-heart do-gooder's association didn't c@ck block us again?