Good Places To Eat In Pattaya

Crow Boy

I would suggest for the budget minded La Petite Planete French bistro type restaurant on the westerly soi near Tukcom off Pattaya Tai.

They have set menus everyday for about 230 baht which include a soup/salad/pate, main course with potato and veg, and a desert (the not so good part). Also, mussels Belgain style every Friday included as a set menu choice and weekend specials on Saturday and Sunday for 100 baht more. They even have steak tartare on the cheap but the idea of steak tartare in Thailand using Thai beef scares me.

The food quality is a small notch under Cherries, but you would expect it to be at that price.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ A small notch? LPP is an ok small Lunch restaurant but it doesn't reach Cherries to the knees. Granted it's cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Yes, LPP is a casual, small, and rather charming little dive. I am not certain if they are still open anymore for their lunch sandwich menu but I am sure the French SET MENU thing they do is for DINNER ONLY and that is where they get most of their custom. So your comment is baffling. I do agree Cherries is better and LPP has crappy deserts, but I personally don't think Cherries is exactly the Ritz either.

I mentioned it because most of their customers are Francophones and as it is at least half decent, could use some more exposure here in Anglolandia. BTW, don't confuse LPP with Cuisine La Buerre down the soi which is more popular with Anglos, but I honestly do not understand why. BTW, you can see some obviously sophisticated Frenchies there who are not balking at the food, so it really can't be that bad, and it isn't.post-37101-1219169553_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

This evening i had one of the most enjoyable meals I have had in the last 7 years i have been here, and at such a low price. Third road, directly opposite the car wash just past the Pattayaklang traffic lights there are two new foofstalls on the pavement. One of them sells pork noodles, and the other is Steaks. I had Beef steak, French fries, salad ect.. lovely and clean, new white pot plates (not stained plastic) it was superb to say it was a side of the road foodstall. There is Beef steak 79 bt - T Bone was 129 bt, they also did Salmon Steak or Pork Steak. Its was lovely, worth a try for anyone i say. It was so good I am going back again tomorrow for seconds!!!

Yes, LPP is a casual, small, and rather charming little dive. I am not certain if they are still open anymore for their lunch sandwich menu

I went there a few weeks ago and they still offer the lunch sandwich menu. Good value, including the excellent house wine. A nice place to have lunch when you're paying a visit to Tukcom.

^ A small notch? LPP is an ok small Lunch restaurant but it doesn't reach Cherries to the knees.

I ate at the "old" Cherries a few times and it was prett'y good. Now, the question I have is where did the chef go when Cherries moved to its new location? Did the cooking staff move as well or did they stay at the now named Wie's Restaurant?

Any comments as to Wie's?

^ A small notch? LPP is an ok small Lunch restaurant but it doesn't reach Cherries to the knees.

I ate at the "old" Cherries a few times and it was prett'y good. Now, the question I have is where did the chef go when Cherries moved to its new location? Did the cooking staff move as well or did they stay at the now named Wie's Restaurant?

Any comments as to Wie's?

From a previous thread, apparently the chef, who used to be the chef at Bruno's, moved to the new Cherries. The chef at Wie's used to be his assistant chef at the old Cherries, and probably had the option to take on the lease.

Not tried Wie's yet, but it always looks empty when I've driven past.

Som Tam, BBQ chicken and steamed prawns bought from little old Lady's on the beach whilst relaxing on a deck chair drinking icy cold Chung. Going there this weekend from BKK and that's where you find me every day for lunch

Edited by zorro1

Som Tam, BBQ chicken and steamed prawns bought from little old Lady's on the beach whilst relaxing on a deck chair drinking icy cold Chung. Going there this weekend from BKK and that's where you find me every day for lunch

Had to agree with that except exchange Singha for Chang

CB

Jack Tar on soi 6 off beach road.

Watch the footy, eat a pie and check out the passing parade of humanity wandering up and down the street. The decor isn't much but the view opposite is good.

Pie shop on Beach road nr We are the World Bar (close to Soi 7).

Not tried there - got a couple of pies that came from Yorkies (from Jomtiem? btw where is Yorkie's?)

Always found the food at Beer Garden to be edible if not a fantastic choice on the menu.

Not tried the food there yet, but have stopped in for a couple of beers on the Friday nights out thing.

CB

I'm surprised no one has mentioned BeefEaters on Soi Dianna just East of second road. Good food and drink, Thai and western. On Saturday and Sunday's from I think it's 12 noon to 4PM they have a great all you can eat Buffet Mexican with cheese, and some of the Greatest Bar B Que Ribs and double baked potatos with melted cheese, all for 199 Baht. The last time I was there I had a frozen strawberry Margarita for an apetizer.

Barry

Not tried there - got a couple of pies that came from Yorkies (from Jomtiem? btw where is Yorkie's?)

CB

CB - Yorkies is on Jomtien Beach road, just past the junction of Chaiyapreuk (where there is a police box). They've got a butchers section/shop as well as a restaurant where you can buy pies, kippers, sausages, scotch eggs etc... I find the service sometimes a little hit & miss, but overall I like it there.. good breakfasts too. Try the 'Gut Buster' if you're really hungry/hungover! That'll sort you right out.

On the pie theme, here's a few more of my favourites;

1. The mobile 'PIE MAN' - these are really excellent in my opinion. If you are having a few beers and need to 'call in a pie strike', you can contact him on this number : 08-68411429 he will come and visit you wherever you are drinking.

2. The Bakers Oven - Soi Nernplubwan (also noted that a shop in Jomtien near Hanuman Statue has opened by the same name recently)

3. The Gourmet Pie company - top of Soi KhaoTalo (first rate bacon & chicken pies with lovely gravy) mmmmmm.

I love pies, me. :o

Mata hari's has the best food I have had in Pattaya, steak diane to die for. down pratamak rd a bit is o'garahs? which is close to quality of mata haris but cheaper

sorry about the spelling

Agree re Mata Hari's. the food and the service is excellent. Not cheap but worth the money.

Anyone tried Manhattan Steakhouse also at the Nirvana?

CB

Mata hari's has the best food I have had in Pattaya, steak diane to die for. down pratamak rd a bit is o'garahs? which is close to quality of mata haris but cheaper

sorry about the spelling

Agree re Mata Hari's. the food and the service is excellent. Not cheap but worth the money.

Anyone tried Manhattan Steakhouse also at the Nirvana?

CB

I refuse to go to Manhatten's even if their steaks are great,,,

The prices they quote on Sophon(600 for "2 course" 900 for "3 course") are almost obscene for Thailand -

and there is no reason to pay so much even for a good western

steak. If I can get a great one Si Ra Cha for 300 baht(complete with wine), why not here?

Because you are probably eating domestic steaks, rather than imported. I don't mind a decent imported steak for under 1,000 baht. :o

went to Manhattans many times since they opened, expensive but good, went twice a month. about the time that tom, the manager left, I had two bad steak dinners in a row, the last one with several visiting friends, after bragging how good it was. we were all disappointed in the quality of the meat. it had changed for the worse. haven't been back since with no plans on going

Not matter how expensive some farang food is in Pattaya you are still not garaunteed to get the best food and service,after all we are in Thailand.Thats why i would never ever go to an expensive steak house and pay stupid prices.Most of my eating is thai food and a much better chance of having quality food at a quality establishment.

One restaurant worth mentioning is definitely Berlin 2000 Cafe. Their food is absolutely great prepared by a German chef. I live in Bangkok and would go to Pattaya over the weekend just to go to Berlin 2000. Their meat is great, so are the french fries. Portions are so large I can hardly ever finish. Their salad dressing is worth a medal.

Berlin 2000 Cafe is located just at the beginning of South Pattaya Road on the left, around the corner from Beach Road.

One restaurant worth mentioning is definitely Berlin 2000 Cafe. Their food is absolutely great prepared by a German chef. I live in Bangkok and would go to Pattaya over the weekend just to go to Berlin 2000. Their meat is great, so are the french fries. Portions are so large I can hardly ever finish. Their salad dressing is worth a medal.

Berlin 2000 Cafe is located just at the beginning of South Pattaya Road on the left, around the corner from Beach Road.

I tend to think that the German restaurants, though not super cheap, generally

give better value for the baht than other western joints - there are a couple of other german restauant near berlin 2000 that are

worth checking out too.

Edited by BugJackBaron

The only food place I can think of "just at the beginning of South Pattaya Road on the left, around the corner from Beach Road." is a Chinese place with as much charm as a bus station. Is it between Beach and 2nd Road or further out?

steamed prawns bought from little old Lady's on the beach

NO WAY. Almost died of food poisoning from those. So did another friend of mine. Be VERY careful about where you eat shellfish in Thailand.

The only food place I can think of "just at the beginning of South Pattaya Road on the left, around the corner from Beach Road." is a Chinese place with as much charm as a bus station. Is it between Beach and 2nd Road or further out?

Hi Phil,

I like the avatar you use, cuz I'm a biiig fan of Jack Nicholson. If someone knows about acting, he certainly does!

Back to Berlin 2000 Cafe. If you're on Beach Road and about to hit the Walking Street, just turn left and it's on the left, I think the 2nd or 3rd shop, you really can't miss it. If you go there and savour one of their steaks, please let me and the community know in this forum what you think about. I think a dish is around 300 Baht, could be 320, but it's worth every satang. And yes: I have no ties to Berlin Cafe 2000, except that I'm one of their happy customers.

Edited by Dario

As for German food, go to Nakluea. Anton makes a decent buffet dinner, Bei Gerhard is famous for the home made Spätzle and last not least Bäcker Peter for his daily specials at 99 Baht a pop.

If you're still able to eat something after digging throught the pork roast drenched in cream and those two homemade dumplings...the Sacher Torte has enough calories to bring you through the next three days.... :o

As for German food, go to Nakluea. Anton makes a decent buffet dinner, Bei Gerhard is famous for the home made Spätzle and last not least Bäcker Peter for his daily specials at 99 Baht a pop.

If you're still able to eat something after digging throught the pork roast drenched in cream and those two homemade dumplings...the Sacher Torte has enough calories to bring you through the next three days.... :o

Hi raro,

can you be more specific in guiding us to Anton at Naklua, to Gerhard (I l o v e Spaetzle, we eat them in Switzerland, too!) and Bäcker Peter? You can also PM me but some other people in this forum might also would like to hear where those German businesses are located. Vielen Dank!

Edited by Dario