England

redrus

Entertaining match last night....well deserved equaliser near the end. :)

England Reserves 1-1 Best Team in Africa

Who have Scotlandnil got next & do you reckon you might have a chance of scoring a Goal ??

:yellowcard: Stay on topic Singher.

As I said your lads played well. Accept and bask in the glory for once. :rolleyes:

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who have Scotlandnil got next & do you reckon you might have a chance of scoring a Goal ??

As I said your lads played well. Accept and bask in the glory for once. :rolleyes:

You didn't say that at all, you said that Ghana's equaliser was well deserved.

You didn't say that at all, you said that Ghana's equaliser was well deserved.

Both sides played good attacking football. I felt a draw was a fair result. Did well as you say the second string.

<grumble>

:ph34r:

• 6 months later...

As its a slow day....

article-1289962-0A3A80D5000005DC-551_634x406.jpg

Can we have some more of this tonight please? biggrin.gif

Thing is smokes, as you well know, we're not really interested

Doesn't matter now does it carms...cos I am....well in a home win that is! biggrin.gif

Edited by smokie36

that wayne rooney fire that makes him such a special player shines through yet again eh. so he'll most likely miss the two opening games of the euros. at least england have their excuse for dismal failure sorted out early this time around.

you might know it mr ed, most seem not to. when england flop as typically as ever next summer it'll be the usual comments of 'paid a king's ransom each week / best league in the world / these players play in champions league finals regularly' etc.

you might know it mr ed, most seem not to. when england flop as typically as ever next summer it'll be the usual comments of 'paid a king's ransom each week / best league in the world / these players play in champions league finals regularly' etc.

I do mean the players we have now but looking at the U-21's and i think we have a good future maybe! jap.gif

It is more about the coaching and the way we still continue to rely on the same system we have played for decades now,no options for interchanging positions and quick flowing passing football which is a basic standard now in world football,we do have pace in a few positions so that is no excuse.......simply the players that have pace are technically not good enough.

I thought with Capello coming in he might have the experience to change things around a bit and move the squad forward but not to be, he now seems as clueless as those that went before him,and people think that a good man manager like Rednapp will be strong and turn things around....i think that would be a backward step for the youngsters coming through,for England you need a extremely good tactition not a manager that is a club man and tactically inept.

People talk about the premier league as if its a league full of English players. Its not and you might well remember that statistic from a couple of seasons ago that told us that there were only 15 English players playing champions leagu and over 110 Brazillians.

Going back to team England. Any national team that cannot find a better quality center back than John Terry and that still relies on a just shy of 34 years old Lampard in midfield is not a good team end off.

People talk about the premier league as if its a league full of English players. Its not and you might well remember that statistic from a couple of seasons ago that told us that there were only 15 English players playing champions leagu and over 110 Brazillians.

Going back to team England. Any national team that cannot find a better quality center back than John Terry and that still relies on a just shy of 34 years old Lampard in midfield is not a good team end off.

The only Chelski player who should be in yer side is Sturridge. End of! biggrin.gif

I do mean the players we have now but looking at the U-21's and i think we have a good future maybe! jap.gif

It is more about the coaching and the way we still continue to rely on the same system we have played for decades now,no options for interchanging positions and quick flowing passing football which is a basic standard now in world football,we do have pace in a few positions so that is no excuse.......simply the players that have pace are technically not good enough.

I thought with Capello coming in he might have the experience to change things around a bit and move the squad forward but not to be, he now seems as clueless as those that went before him,and people think that a good man manager like Rednapp will be strong and turn things around....i think that would be a backward step for the youngsters coming through,for England you need a extremely good tactition not a manager that is a club man and tactically inept.

yeah the problem is systemic. so many fans have such high expectation levels every tournament - driven largely by a sensationalist media - that the players, the majority of whom of this supposed 'golden generation' are technically pretty limited, simply can't live up to it. there's only so far flag-waving and chest-beating gets you in international tournaments. keeping possession of the football, playing as a disciplined unit and employing modern tactical thinking to counteract opponents have all always seemed beyond england.

redknapp as manager could be hilarious. i wonder who or what he'll blame for not being up to it?

there's definitely a massive case to be made for ripping up the squad and starting again with no players over the age of 25 or so.

The only Chelski player who should be in yer side is Sturridge. End of! biggrin.gif

mceachran looks like a player as well.

Yep scrap the old experienced players now! move on .....that would be the best legacy left by Capello,the best English man for the vacant job has to be Stuart Pearce he seems to be level headed now and after nearly 5 years as under 21 coach will know all the young players that are coming through and the ones at it now,in my opinion there is nobody else English that comes close.

The list below is taken from wiki and shows the Under 21s already used and also the new call-ups that are eligible,just going through the list you see we have some great prospects and they are involved with the Premier League now so why not start rotating some of them into the main squad and mixing with the more experienced players we have in the team at present?of course there are others also who have not been involved with the U-21" for different reasons.

This season already i have been impressed with:

Martin Kelly

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Ross Barclay

Phil Jones

Kyle Walker

Chris Smalling

Victor Moses

Danny Welbeck

As Stevie mentioned there are plenty that are only 18/19 also who over the next year or two will show there potential,Arsenal and Chelsea have a few.

Jack Butland

Ben Amos

Declan Rudd

Joe Mattock

Martin Kelly

Craig Dawson

Matthew Briggs

Nathan Baker

Jon Flanagan

Adam Smith

Ryan Bennett

Jack Rodwell

Jordan Henderson

Henri Lansbury

Josh McEachran

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Jonjo Shelvey

Ross Barkley

Jason Lowe

Nathan Delfouneso

Martyn Waghorn

Marvin Sordell

Jason Steele

Alex Smithies

Phil Jones

Kyle Walker

Joe Bennett

Steven Caulker

Kieran Trippier

Jordan Spence

Danny Rose

Dan Gosling

Emmanuel Frimpong

Jack Wilshere

Jordon Mutch

Victor Moses

Danny Welbeck

Connor Wickham

Forgot to add that some of the players we have in the squad now are still young but do have experience at the top albeit at club level.

Joe Hart 24

Micah Richards 23

Kieran Gibbs 22

Michael Dawson 27

James Milner 25

Stewart Downing 27

Tom Cleverly 22

Tom Huddlestone 24

Jordan Henderson 21

Jack Wilshere 19

Theo Walcott 22

Ashley Young 26

Adam Johnson 24

Wayne Rooney 25

Andy Carroll22

Gabriel Agbonlahor 24

With this group of players added to the previous posts we should be looking towards the World Cup and beyond at actually performing together and building a new tactically and technically better approach to the way we as a country should play football,so what if we take time to get it all working ....if the country wants a good side then they will be given time because of the youth policy that should be put in place even at the top level by the FA NOW!

I dread to think Harry Rednapp as the future for England.There are wiser choices out there.

just to edit and add the reason why England and its supporters are so disgruntled with the performances is surely because of the way the media see that England have to perform in every game......what 99% of Englishmen want is to see the country actually playing decent football with some young guns who have no fear and want to perform for the country,a lot of club supporters would find watching England a lot more enticing instead of the boring no future style we are playing at present.......they need to play with style win lose or draw.

Edited by MrRed

Well I hope Kyle Naughton improves this year and jumps on that list....sadly MrRed it would require considerable vision for the FA to take that route.

Oops did I say sadly.....? Whoopsies! Bring back Beckham!! cool.gif

Yes vision something that the FA and English press hounds very sadly lack,it is the only way forward though! wink.gif

Those are the best posts I've seen on this thread. Well done MrRed.....I hope to add some of 'em to my sticker collection in years to come. wink.gif

biggrin.gif Dare i say we need as Englishmen to adopt the Scotland way of following our team for a few years wink.gif for the real supporters it is not all about winning.

Monday club is calling need a pint now to settle my hor d'oeuvres smile.gif

• 5 weeks later...

oh dear wayne. still if you remove the pigheaded stupidity from his game he wouldn't be the same player or something.

Exactly Stevie but it looks like the young lions will not need his services,Capello is starting to do what all Englishmen want,get the youngsters involved a little bit more.

Great result last night and a fantastic defensive performance from his team took me back to the days of Milan and Capello.

I am all for the youth to be given a chance now,the old gaurd such as Terry,Gerrard,Lampard and co are nearing the end so why not just let the young guns show there hunger.

You have to give it to all the defenders last night including Johnson they did do a job lets hope that They give Sturridge a run out next with Wellbeck up front.

Pace frightens defenders and we have a lot of pace in the youngsters.

_56689485_56685371.jpgFabregas joined Barcelona from Arsenal for £35m in summer 2011Spain midfielder Cesc Fabregas says he was not impressed by England's "negative tactics" after his side's 1-0 defeat at wembley.

"Even when they were winning, they had Danny Welbeck up front and everyone else defending," said Fabregas, now at Barcelona after eight years at Arsenal.

"We knew after we saw England's starting line-up that they were going to defend basically the whole game.

"But this is the way they want to play and it worked," added the 24-year-old.

England won 1-0 courtesy of Frank Lampard's header but Fabregas insisted Spain had "dominated" the match, adding: "We made England defend nearly the whole 90 minutes.

"You want teams to have a go at you and test you and see what happens.

Continue reading the main story"We saw two completely different styles of football. The more defensive one won but we know that the only way they could score was from a free-kick or a corner and we conceded a not very intelligent free-kick.

"We paid for it but, basically, we are happy because we played very well."

The defeat was Spain's fourth in eight friendlies since they won the World Cup last year, but Fabregas insists they will still be the team to beat at Euro 2012 next summer.

"We always suffer a little bit more in friendly games and we change a lot of players and it's completely different," he said. "You cannot compare the [defeat by England] with important games like the Euros."

Typical Spanish response to getting beaten,if you don't play the same way as we do it is not fair! rolleyes.gif