England

redrus

After the Switzerland match I watched the Argentina - Spain match. The quality of the football from both sides was brilliant and made England look like Sunday morning players. Not one of our players would get into either team so unless new talent emerges soon dont expect us to win anything for a long time.

Our left back would get into any team he is the best left back in the world just because he upsets the "Peoples Princess" aka Chezza and gets booed by a load of morons doesnt make him a bad player, as would Gerrard who is better then both Masherano and Alonso who you would have watched the other night, so would Rooney who despite being out of form is better the Tevez and although a different type of player is also better then Torres, Ferdinand would also get in either team if you believe anything other then that you obviously have never seen him play.

And i didnt see this FRIENDLY you mention but England were fantastic the other night.

You are correct about Ashley Cole but thats about all.

BTW, England were good last night and are playing well at their level, but you have to realise the likes of Spain, Argentina would not allow them to play like that. We will qualify, and qualify well, but when we play the finals it will be a totally different situation just as we saw in the world cup.

I think youre being harsh on Rooney, ok crap of late but without doubt world class.

Ferdinand would have got in Spains team prior to the WC, hes far better then both Puyol and Pique, and id pick Gerrard over Alonso (i know he isnt as defensive but he could play there, besides they had Busquets to do the donkey work.)

Individually and for their clubs they proved to be world class, but yes i know collectively for England theyve proved time and again theyre crap together. Contradiction i know.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think youre being harsh on Rooney, ok crap of late but without doubt world class.

Ferdinand would have got in Spains team prior to the WC, hes far better then both Puyol and Pique, and id pick Gerrard over Alonso (i know he isnt as defensive but he could play there, besides they had Busquets to do the donkey work.)

Individually and for their clubs they proved to be world class, but yes i know collectively for England theyve proved time and again theyre crap together. Contradiction i know.

don't agree at all. pique might be the best centre back in the world right now and puyol's inspirational for spain. ferdinand's been great but he's also been crocked and rick-prone for a couple of years now.

gerrard plays a totally different role to alonso so you're comparing apples with oranges. alonso's the best central midfielder in the world imo, give or take a fit and firing essien maybe. but again they do different jobs.

spain have got six goalkeepers who would all start for england.

Our left back would get into any team he is the best left back in the world just because he upsets the "Peoples Princess" aka Chezza and gets booed by a load of morons doesnt make him a bad player, as would Gerrard who is better then both Masherano and Alonso who you would have watched the other night, so would Rooney who despite being out of form is better the Tevez and although a different type of player is also better then Torres, Ferdinand would also get in either team if you believe anything other then that you obviously have never seen him play.

And i didnt see this FRIENDLY you mention but England were fantastic the other night.

This FRIENDLY was played in the spirit of a fully competitive match. There were many yellow cards. Sorry I didn't keep count. Both teams went for it and the score didn't do Spains second half performance justice.

Talking of justice I can't understand why Rooney and Terry have been singled out for such abuse for straying when there are many others who have played for England recently who have also been guilty of the some offence.

• 4 weeks later...

3 reasons why the FA go abroad for a manager.

http://www.dailymail...id-tackles.html

Fulham captain Danny Murphy last night named the three Barclays Premier League managers he most blames for the violent, win-at-all-costs tactics scarring the top flight this season.

Murphy, speaking at the Leaders in Football conference at Stamford Bridge, accused Stoke's Tony Pulis, Blackburn's Sam Allardyce and Wolves boss Mick McCarthy of being responsible for sending out their teams 'so pumped up they are bound to be problems'.

Murphy's comments follow Fulham's bad experiences against the three clubs. Bobby Zamora broke his leg in a challenge with Karl Henry of Wolves, Moussa Dembele has been sidelined following his collision with Stoke's Andy Wilkinson and Fulham conceded a goal against Blackburn after El Hadji Diouf's elbow-led obstruction of goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer.

Murphy, 33, one of the most articulate players in the Premier League, said: 'Your manager dictates what your players do and how you behave. If you have a manager who is in control of the team and doesn't allow these type of things , then you are going to have a more disciplined team

'You get managers who are sending their teams out to stop other sides playing which is happening more and more — the Stokes, Blackburns, Wolves. They can say it's effective and they have got to win games but the fact is their players are so pumped up, there is inevitably going to be problems.

'Under Roy Hodgson at Fulham, we were always top of the Fair Play award because he wouldn't accept stupid tackles. The technique on tackling and the pace in which some players go into tackles is ridiculous.

'I don't believe players are going out to break another player's leg but there has to be some logic and intelligence involved, especially the ones who are doing repeatedly. If you are going at someone at a certain pace and you don't get it right,you are going to hurt them. Players should be held to account for that.

Edited by Englander

So......do you think you'll make the play offs? :D

<deleted> me bravado from a sweaty after nil points in 2 games, if your FA get their way you'll be supporting a team half made up of English rejects in the coming years now thats got to hurt. wink.gif

Edited by Englander

Sort your own House out first Smokie, it's a joke..

Fresh from a defeat by the World Cup winners (9 of the starting team for the final started at Hampden).....a close defeat and spirited performance we still realise its a massive struggle to reach the playoffs. This is due mainly to a lack of talent throughout our squad and certainly the manager did it right royally against the Czechs.

So I'll ask you again......will you make the play offs?

<deleted> me bravado from a sweaty after nil points in 2 games, if your FA get their way you'll be supporting a team half made up of English rejects in the coming years now thats got to hurt. wink.gif

We'll take anyone with a Scottish grannie and you lot would do the same if the player was good enough. Nothing new there only if the player has an English accent I doubt he'd be doing many post match interviews......:whistling:

• 1 month later...

A 2-0 defeat at the hands of the German U21's. Not surprising really as the Germans have a decent crop of young players emerging. All the British countries should be looking closely at why this is really instead of burying our heads in the sand. Or in our case up the SFA's collective a**e.

Good luck against the frogs.

A 2-0 defeat at the hands of the German U21's. Not surprising really as the Germans have a decent crop of young players emerging. All the British countries should be looking closely at why this is really instead of burying our heads in the sand. Or in our case up the SFA's collective a**e.

I thought it was quite surprising given how the Game went, what did you make of the sending off ??

& the Game tonight is truly, about as meaningless as they can..

More Players pulling out today with anothers Club asking him not to make his England debut in case he hurts himself, pathetic..

Really, i don't know the point of International Football at times any more..

On a more positive note, glad to see that Henderson get some recognition, he's been superb this Season & hope he starts..

I thought it was quite surprising given how the Game went, what did you make of the sending off ??

The Germans looked better tactically and their overall game more polished. You could make the case the sending off was harsh and cost England the game but....I would disagree tbh. Not a bad performance though.

Agree with you on these friendlies....top clubs don't want their players involved and who can blame them? Three games last week and back into Europe next week. Its ridiculous.

Not the result that I would have liked .but really good to see some of the younger/newer players take centre stage. Carroll gave a good account of himself. Young looked lively and adam Johnson, well he IS the best England wide man. Gerrard continually drives us on, although thought for the ten minutes we played without him, for me, was our best spell of the game. Thought that Henderson at times looked slightly overwhelmed, but saw enuf to make me think, that along with the other début boys he deserves/worth another run. By the way thought that Danny Murphy gave quality comment.

Edited by rijit

Sgan, Bemzena, Abidal, Nasri, Malouda, Mexes, all Players who regulary play at the very top level of Football..

No disgrace for England..

HUGE rebuilding process to be done & surely the main Goal for the next few Years will be to just be competetive on home soil in 2018..

I don't even think qualifying for Tournaments will be that straight forward for the next few Years..

& an English Manager would be nice too during that time, not an Italian who just cares about his personal reign ( which he can't be blamed for for the record, but there's now way he can possibly be interested in the long term future of English Football, even with last nights Team selection which was more forced upon him )..

Sgan, Bemzena, Abidal, Nasri, Malouda, Mexes, all Players who regulary play at the very top level of Football..

No disgrace for England..

HUGE rebuilding process to be done & surely the main Goal for the next few Years will be to just be competetive on home soil in 2018..

I don't even think qualifying for Tournaments will be that straight forward for the next few Years..

& an English Manager would be nice too during that time, not an Italian who just cares about his personal reign ( which he can't be blamed for for the record, but there's now way he can possibly be interested in the long term future of English Football, even with last nights Team selection which was more forced upon him )..

Surprised how well the kids did last night. Carroll especially although he barely got a sniff....when he did he won the ball each time and directed the ball on target.

Wow a proper striker. Might be onto something there. ;)

when he did he won the ball each time and directed the ball on target.

Which is a rarity for an England Target Man after watching Emile Heskey for the last 8 or so Years in an England Shirt..

Yeah an impressive start to a long England career for the lad....and against top opposition. Even more impressed by how well he challenges and his timing/positioning.

I'll leave he rest for the Tottenham thread. :D

• 2 months later...

I wonder how many new faces will appear in this pointless fixture tonight? Happy to see Lampard out there though...hopefully he will play the full 90 mins. ;)

I'll always be an England supporter, no matter what, but even i must admit, with the way our team is, and with what has been going on with FIFA, never before has my interest been this low. In truth, i'd be happy if we simply pulled out of the World Cup competition, so disgusted i am with it all.

I wonder how many new faces will appear in this pointless fixture tonight? Happy to see Lampard out there though...hopefully he will play the full 90 mins. ;)

I'll always be an England supporter, no matter what, but even i must admit, with the way our team is, and with what has been going on with FIFA, never before has my interest been this low. In truth, i'd be happy if we simply pulled out of the World Cup competition, so disgusted i am with it all.

The silly decisions are based on World Cups after Brazil. For me I'm praying my team qualifies in three years time so I can enjoy what will be the best tourament in a generation at least.

Amazed if you all don't feel the same. I might jump on a plane regardless to be honest.

no you stick with em mate,some people think its all over, , sadly for you mate it already is :bah::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The silly decisions are based on World Cups after Brazil. For me I'm praying my team qualifies in three years time so I can enjoy what will be the best tourament in a generation at least.

Amazed if you all don't feel the same. I might jump on a plane regardless to be honest.

The silly decisions indeed won't come into affect until 2018, but for me, the souring was immediate. We of course knew that FIFA was run by a bunch of knobs, but did anybody anticipate this degree of stupidity? I didn't. I'm simply at the "to h*ll with it all" stage.

The silly decisions indeed won't come into affect until 2018, but for me, the souring was immediate. We of course knew that FIFA was run by a bunch of knobs, but did anybody anticipate this degree of stupidity? I didn't. I'm simply at the "to h*ll with it all" stage.

Completely agree with you Rix. The levels of corruption that FIFA have brought into the game have completely ruined it for me. That is apart from the fact that England are very poor.

Completely agree with you Rix. The levels of corruption that FIFA have brought into the game have completely ruined it for me. That is apart from the fact that England are very poor.

Agreed.

And as far as England being poor is concerned, i really am not bothered how good or bad we are. I just want our team to have an English manager and for the team to not be full of <deleted>. If that were to happen, and if FIFA started being run by people who actually care about football, then i might start getting excited about the International game. Not going to happen though is it.

Agreed.

And as far as England being poor is concerned, i really am not bothered how good or bad we are. I just want our team to have an English manager and for the team to not be full of <deleted>. If that were to happen, and if FIFA started being run by people who actually care about football, then i might start getting excited about the International game. Not going to happen though is it.

Allow me to but in here and just say I thought both sides played well and either could have won it. An enjoyable match with some excellent passing and movement from England.

Encouraging stuff.

We walked it 3-0 of course against the Irish...but then we have passion.....:D