England

redrus

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Allow me to but in here and just say I thought both sides played well and either could have won it. An enjoyable match with some excellent passing and movement from England.

Encouraging stuff.

We walked it 3-0 of course against the Irish...but then we have passion.....:D

Capello gets us playing some pretty football, and brings in some fresh talent, for friendlies (and qualifiers if we are lucky), and then when it comes round to playing in the competition, it's back to all the old faces and the slow and cautious play. Seen it all before.

Congrats on your win btw.

So......do you think you'll make the play offs? :D

Probably, and qualify perhaps.

But the real issue is what happens when our (by then) knackered team takes to the field in the finals.

Denmark (if they are there) will play exactly as they did last night: with energy, flair, and good teamwork, England on the other hand will most likely be tired, clueless and disjointed and a pale shadow of the good team we saw last night.

• 1 month later...

http://news.bbc.co.u...all/9430471.stm

Just when i thought my disenchantment and disinterest with the international game couldn't get any greater, we get this tosser back as captain.

bah.gif

Could'nt agree more Rix. Absolutely disgraceful decision by Capello and equally disgraceful of the FA to let it happen. My disinterest is pretty much total now.

Edited by carmine

Just when i thought my disenchantment and disinterest with the international game couldn't get any greater, we get this tosser back as captain.

bah.gif

Could'nt agree more Rix. Absolutely disgraceful decision by Capello and equally disgraceful of the FA to let it happen. My disinterest is pretty much total now.

Yep.

As for Capello, he should have been sacked after the last tournament.

Team's a joke. Captain's a joke. Manager's a joke. FIFA's a joke. FA's a joke...Why ain't i laughing?

Edited by rixalex

bah.gif

That's me done watching the National Team for a while, undoubtedly..

Just think of what that decision would mean to Gerrard too, the Vice Capatain that got compkletely overlooked with this decision..

Shameful, & even more shameful that this <deleted> leads our Country.

bah.gif

Just think of what that decision would mean to Gerrard too, the Vice Capatain that got compkletely overlooked with this decision..

Indeed. I would have still hated the decision, but might have at least understood it a little, were Terry having a blinding season.

bah.gif

Indeed. I would have still hated the decision, but might have at least understood it a little, were Terry having a blinding season.

Its true...the sun is shining out there today. :)

Its true...the sun is shining out there today. :)

Do Scotsmen even know what the sun looks like?

It burns us......

drarvindr-albums-51-arvind-picture1012-gollum-maquette.jpg

:D

(Photo courtesy of John Terry's mum)

lol. Still hansome man though. Or so they tell you in Thailand. :lol:

bah.gif

Terry is a disgrace, think he's lucky to even be in the Squad - hardly had a great season has he?

Anyway, I won't be bothering England until they have a good clean out of over paid prima - donnas and get a manager who has some fuc_king idea, that is not Italian.

At the end of the day boys JT is the best leader of men we have, he might not be having the best of seasons but you don't have to be the most technically gifted to wear the armband, a captain is there to rally and motivate the players,

to put his head in where it hurts, to wear his heart on his sleeve, to show passion for club and country.

What other player currently in the England set up shows those qualities more than John Terry? The only other candidate for me to be captain of England would be Scotty Parker but for some reason he can't get in the squad.

Lets all get off our moral high horses and support our country and those who are lucky enough to wear the colours, no one is perfect, we all make mistakes so lets try to be positive and unite for once and be proud men to which made this country great!

At the end of the day boys JT is the best leader of men we have, he might not be having the best of seasons but you don't have to be the most technically gifted to wear the armband, a captain is there to rally and motivate the players,

to put his head in where it hurts, to wear his heart on his sleeve, to show passion for club and country.

What other player currently in the England set up shows those qualities more than John Terry? The only other candidate for me to be captain of England would be Scotty Parker but for some reason he can't get in the squad.

Lets all get off our moral high horses and support our country and those who are lucky enough to wear the colours, no one is perfect, we all make mistakes so lets try to be positive and unite for once and be proud men to which made this country great!

The word "moral" and John Tery should never be on the same page. You have every right to your opinion as he is "your man" No other alternatives ? give us a break isn't Gerard vice captain if he doesn't want Ferdinand. Anyone with 2 legs would be an alternative. Sorry but Fabio Capello is the Basil Fawlty of world football and has made the national side a total joke.

Leader of Men ?? Let's all get off our moral high Horses ??

He done the Mother of his best Mate's Child Seapok, the " Man " is absolute Scum of the highest order, what do you fail to see about that aside from the fact that he Captains & leads YOUR Chelsea & he is " your Man " as Sparkles quite wonderfully put it ??

He's a fcukign disgrace of a Human Being that has got less Morals than Colonal Gadaffi..

& Parker is in the Squad & has been for the past 2 Games now it seems but how could he be Captain, what about the Vice Captain, Gerrard ?? Why the <deleted> was he Vice Captain if he gets overlooked when the main Captaincy gets given to someone ?? Pathetic decision by a seemingly really poor Man Management Manager.

John Terry NEVER EVER had made our Country great by the way, & never will, so you can stick John Terry & the National Football Team firmly up your arse..:)

Yeh whatever. He's a dog average player and a total <deleted>....and he plays for your lot.

Yeh whatever. He's a dog average player and a total <deleted>....and he plays for your lot.

Some say he embodies the Chelski spirit to a T. :rolleyes:

Some say he embodies the Chelski spirit to a T. :rolleyes:

He's Mr Chelsea.

be interested to know what the rest of the england squad thinks of this decision.

capello seems to be going out of his way to paint himself as a joke and force the FA to fire him eventually. assuming they can actually afford to.

be interested to know what the rest of the england squad thinks of this decision.

capello seems to be going out of his way to paint himself as a joke and force the FA to fire him eventually. assuming they can actually afford to.

He couldn't care less what the FA think. They forced a decision on him in the first place and have been pulling in the opposite direction for months.

Not like he has anything to lose now is it? Even better the next manager will be lucky to get more than a rolling one year deal.

Gerard Houllier should be available soon enough though....:D

Edited by smokie36

Well here is Glen Johnson's comments...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,19692_6828602,00.html

However if you look at his eye movements during the interview, it looks to me he is lying like a 5 year old especially when he stares at his boots as he is asked if any of the team will have any problems with Terry's appointment as captain.

Well here is Glen Johnson's comments...

http://www.skysports...6828602,00.html

However if you look at his eye movements during the interview, it looks to me he is lying like a 5 year old especially when he stares at his boots as he is asked if any of the team will have any problems with Terry's appointment as captain.

He certainly wasn't comfortable in that Interview that's for sure..

He looked down & to our right immediately after saying " I'm happy to play for England ", & also when he said " regardless of who is the Captain " along with smiling after saying that Capello's decision was " over my head ",

That means Mr Johnson certainly wasn't convinced what he was saying was a good thing as he was questioning it..

There's definately some internal dialogue going on there, undoubtedly..:)

& so there should be, i be he's weighing whether he can take the Missus to Bisham Abbey now with Captian Fantsatic hanging outside everyone's Rooms..

Ferdinand - Terry - Ferdinand - Terry - Ferdinand - Terry - Ferdinand - Terry

Think I'll jump off a cliff !

Honestly. Can anyone name a current England squad member with the attributes worthy of being a Captain, that hasn't done something totally shamefull. It's ridiculous that we currently haven't got a "mr clean" who can be seen as a good example to the kids.

I think Gareth Barry is the only one that could pass that interview,maybe Carrick :rolleyes:

Shameful what has happened and cannot believe that joe public have allowed it to happen,he is a complete tosser

Ferdinand - Terry - Ferdinand - Terry - Ferdinand - Terry - Ferdinand - Terry

Think I'll jump off a cliff !

Honestly. Can anyone name a current England squad member with the attributes worthy of being a Captain, that hasn't done something totally shamefull. It's ridiculous that we currently haven't got a "mr clean" who can be seen as a good example to the kids.

england's senior players: terry, ferdinand, a. cole, gerrard, lampard, rooney - proper inspirational bunch that lot isn't it?