England

redrus

It was a good performance and you can't take that away. However without going overboard it has to be measured against the standard of opposition.

Switzerland are a good team, but Glen Johnson should be dropped for it, he was terrible.

Not quite true. He's very good going forward but, at times, woeful defensively.

Thing is, it's ok to advocate dropping him but who do you replace him with because like it or not he's the best of the bunch.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a good performance and you can't take that away. However without going overboard it has to be measured against the standard of opposition.

Switzerland are a good team, but Glen Johnson should be dropped for it, he was terrible.

Thing is, it's ok to advocate dropping him but who do you replace him with because like it or not he's the best of the bunch.

Will we see Rooney's puffed out chest in midweek after the stellar performance on Friday night then? Ach I'm only bitter cos we failed to win......

Thing is, it's ok to advocate dropping him but who do you replace him with because like it or not he's the best of the bunch which for a defender isnt good.

Hes appalling at defending and only slightly better going forward, he's all the physical presence of Bambi.

Micah Richards, Jagielka even G Neville should all play before this hairdresser, or even Milner who played there for his club, then A Johnson and Walcott both start.

After his dreadful showing in the WC he was even worse Friday night you cant be so bad for so long and still get picked.

Will we see Rooney's puffed out chest in midweek after the stellar performance on Friday night then? Ach I'm only bitter cos we failed to win......

Yeah I saw Rooney the other night.

Shame he didnt go to South Africa, things might have turned out different.

Yeah I saw Rooney the other night.

Shame he didnt go to South Africa, things might have turned out different.

?!?

Subtle irony?

Good to see us get off to a flyer against Bulgaria, despite the best efforts of EPL and lady luck to maim our players. Just goes to show also how fit players of a given standard can work better than eleven so called stars who are crocked or knackered. Wonder how many more are out there who could quite easily step in to the side. Well done Capello, more of the same if possible.

Bulgaria are worthy opposition but the point is a fair one, as we seem to be invincible when qualifying, but don't seem to play at all well at finals.

Good to see us get off to a flyer against Bulgaria, despite the best efforts of EPL and lady luck to maim our players. Just goes to show also how fit players of a given standard can work better than eleven so called stars who are crocked or knackered. Wonder how many more are out there who could quite easily step in to the side. Well done Capello, more of the same if possible.

Bulgaria are worthy opposition but the point is a fair one, as we seem to be invincible when qualifying, but don't seem to play at all well at finals.

according to most reports this summer the england players see a world cup as some kind of fun holiday camp they have earned for qualifying rather than a mission not yet completed and an utter privilege to be a part of like other nations do.

according to most reports this summer the england players see a world cup as some kind of fun holiday camp they have earned for qualifying rather than a mission not yet completed and an utter privilege to be a part of like other nations do.

Absolutely spot on.

I wonder if the manager will take the oppotunity to play Jagielka and Cahil at the back against the Swiss? i would have thought it was the way forward as i don't see Terry playing for England in twelve months.

Nor should he by dint of his behaviour alone !!!!

Capello will not be fooled twice, he'll go with his original mantra fit and in form. Add to that, not too old too!

What I like about players like Milner, Defoe, and Bent is that they do the job! skill isn't an issue.

And I suspect there are many others that fit the bill too!, eg, Zamora.

I'm not saying turn our back on the old guard, quite the contrary, who would disagree that Gerrard has made himself the team captain at a relatively advanced age ? and personally I would not disregard Beckham either.

Well done Capello. Ok, lets not get carried away, we're still left wondering what the point of qualification is if we we turn out like overdone toast, but Switzerland are ranked opponents.

Lets hope EPL does not take too much out of them for next match.

Well done U21 too.

good performance especially yet again from Adam Johnson. I even grown to like Gerrard. Being captain and not having Lampard around seems to have had a very positive effect on him, as well as playing in his preferred position. Still got to prove themselves against quality opposition but I'll take what I've seen so far this season.

Please cappello dont put lampard and terry straight back in the team,we are a lot better side without them.

Englands problem over the years has been trying to fit lampard and gerrard in the same team.

Terry is to slow and disruptive to the team.

I wonder if the manager will take the oppotunity to play Jagielka and Cahil at the back against the Swiss? i would have thought it was the way forward as i don't see Terry playing for England in twelve months.

Capello will not be fooled twice, he'll go with his original mantra fit and in form. Add to that, not too old too!

What I like about players like Milner, Defoe, and Bent is that they do the job! skill isn't an issue.

I'm not saying turn our back on the old guard, quite the contrary, who would disagree that Gerrard has made himself the team captain at a relatively advanced age ? and personally I would not disregard Beckham either.

Well done Capello. Ok, lets not get carried away, we're still left wondering what the point of qualification is if we we turn out like overdone toast, but Switzerland are ranked opponents.

Well done U21 too.

Nice post, did you find it on goal.com by chance? ;)

Please cappello dont put lampard and terry straight back in the team,we are a lot better side without them.

Englands problem over the years has been trying to fit lampard and gerrard in the same team.

Terry is to slow and disruptive to the team.

Shock, horror, probe. I totally agree with you nev :D

Well done U21 too.

Nice post, did you find it on goal.com by chance? ;)

Never knew the website existed- all my own work - honest!

After the Switzerland match I watched the Argentina - Spain match. The quality of the football from both sides was brilliant and made England look like Sunday morning players. Not one of our players would get into either team so unless new talent emerges soon dont expect us to win anything for a long time.

After the Switzerland match I watched the Argentina - Spain match. The quality of the football from both sides was brilliant and made England look like Sunday morning players. Not one of our players would get into either team so unless new talent emerges soon dont expect us to win anything for a long time.

Our left back would get into any team he is the best left back in the world just because he upsets the "Peoples Princess" aka Chezza and gets booed by a load of morons doesnt make him a bad player, as would Gerrard who is better then both Masherano and Alonso who you would have watched the other night, so would Rooney who despite being out of form is better the Tevez and although a different type of player is also better then Torres, Ferdinand would also get in either team if you believe anything other then that you obviously have never seen him play.

And i didnt see this FRIENDLY you mention but England were fantastic the other night.

And i didnt see this FRIENDLY you mention but England were fantastic the other night.

Absolutely. You know what. The England knockers really get on my t1ts. We beat Bulgaria and they say that wasn't a contest, Switzerland will be harder. We beat Switzerland and it still isn't good enough.

We are our own worst enemies. The press and media and the public, put more pressure on the team than any other country I can think of. No wonder they go out there frightened to death of failing.

Absolutely. You know what. The England knockers really get on my t1ts. We beat Bulgaria and they say that wasn't a contest, Switzerland will be harder. We beat Switzerland and it still isn't good enough.

We are our own worst enemies. The press and media and the public, put more pressure on the team than any other country I can think of. No wonder they go out there frightened to death of failing.

Check out Trev's avatar, says all you need to know about his Football knowledge..;)

Check out Trev's avatar, says all you need to know about his Football knowledge..;)

:D

Our left back would get into any team he is the best left back in the world just because he upsets the "Peoples Princess" aka Chezza and gets booed by a load of morons doesnt make him a bad player, as would Gerrard who is better then both Masherano and Alonso who you would have watched the other night, so would Rooney who despite being out of form is better the Tevez and although a different type of player is also better then Torres, Ferdinand would also get in either team if you believe anything other then that you obviously have never seen him play.

You are correct about Ashley Cole but thats about all.

BTW, England were good last night and are playing well at their level, but you have to realise the likes of Spain, Argentina would not allow them to play like that. We will qualify, and qualify well, but when we play the finals it will be a totally different situation just as we saw in the world cup.

I'm not meaning to knock England . i think i'm being honest and objective. We have played very well and done what we needed to do, but why do so many have these ridiculously high over expectations?

:coffee1: Oh btw, if Trev's so wrong exactly how many English players would get into Spains team, other than Ashley Cole that is?

:coffee1: Oh btw, if Trev's so wrong exactly how many English players would get into Spains team, other than Ashley Cole that is?

So, Trev said not one Player would get into their Team, you got one Player which you agreed with, now you want/need more to prove some kind of point Carmine, is that right ?? :D

Transition period Carmine my Old China..;)

Trev's immediately wrong in everything he says now anyway, simply by his avatar, surely you've learnt that by now Mate ?? :D

Edit : Ok, i'll bite.. Spain are the World Champions, the best Team on the Planet, Argentina ARE NOT even though they beat the Spain 4-1 or whatever it was.. When push comes to shove, The Argentinians & England couldn't cut it, Spain did..We aren't a good side at all but we are now in transition that will hopefully bring our average Player Age down considerably so i wouldn't expect any of these new Young Players to walk into the Team of the World Champions anyway, would anyone else ??

Edited by MSingh

ashley cole would get a game for spain, yeah. gerrard would be on the bench with fabregas. no other england player would get in their team though.

So that's another in agreement that we have ONE Player that would get in their Team & ADDING another on the Bench, happy days...:D

Edit : No shouts for JT as a kind of Captain Fantastico at all ??

Edited by MSingh

ashley cole would get a game for spain, yeah. gerrard would be on the bench with fabregas. no other england player would get in their team though.

So that's another in agreement that we have ONE Player that would get in their Team & ADDING another on the Bench, happy days...:D

Edit : No shouts for JT as a kind of Captain Fantastico at all ??

I notice there's no "He's done so well let him keep the armband" from Rio.....I guess his agent has been whispering in his ear....