New Visa?

Hi,

I will stay in Thailand 3 month.But I only got visa for 2.How do I exted my visa?I heard something about leave Thailand,just cross borderline to another country,Laos,Cambodja or Burma,Malaysia is not that good at the moment I reccon?If this is possible? How long time will it take,costs and further information will be appreceated.I am from Sweden and far away from retierment.

Thank`s M.

You say you have a visa for two months so you must have a tourist visa and have been given a normal 60 day stay. Just show up at any immigration office with 1,900 baht and a couple of photos to fill out a TM.7 form to extend your stay 30 days. That will give you the full 90 days without having to cross any border.

If you plan travel just do so and save the 1,900 baht and obtain a free 30 day entry on your return if it fits you plans better.

You say you have a visa for two months so you must have a tourist visa and have been given a normal 60 day stay.  Just show up at any immigration office with 1,900 baht and a couple of photos to fill out a TM.7 form to extend your stay 30 days.  That will give you the full 90 days without having to cross any border.

If you plan travel just do so and save the 1,900 baht and obtain a free 30 day entry on your return if it fits you plans better.

Thank`s,

How long time for a new visa if I cross the border?and also wich country do you recommend?Sure I have plans,but I can change them to get this in the easiest way.I heard something about monkeycage,not a nice place?And I want also return to this beautiful country,so in one way or the other I have to extend my visa.

I really appreciate your help Lopburi!!! M.

If you only need the extra 30 days just go to immigration and get it. No need to worry about new visa.

If you just need the extra 30 days and can travel across a border just do that (you can return immediately) but be sure you have 10,000 baht or equivalent in cash or travelers checks - you will receive a 30 day stay stamp with no charge.

If you may want to stay a few days longer than 90 you can obtain another tourist visa in about 26 hours at a Royal Thai Consulate in Vientiane, Savannakhet or Penang without much trouble and in relative safety (assuming you do have a passport without a lot of Thai stamps).

A visa to cross to Cambodia costs $25 or Laos $50, (not so sure on the fee for Laos).

Crossing to Malaysia does not require a visa.

This may influence your choice if you decide to do a border run.

The Immigration Detention Centre has a pretty bad reputation, just in case you were thinking of overstaying your visa!!

A visa to cross to Cambodia costs $25 or Laos $50, (not so sure on the fee for Laos).

Crossing to Malaysia does not require a visa.

This may influence your choice if you decide to do a border run.

The Immigration Detention Centre has a pretty bad reputation, just in case you were thinking of overstaying your visa!!

Ok,thank`s.Do you know how it is on the border to Malaysia,maybe better to stay out of this part?And how about Burma?,I`m in the area around there.

The border with Malaysia is safe enough, better to avoid the eastern provinces down there.

If you are up in the north, then Mai Sae, or Mae Sot will be the best places to

do your visa run. I believe the Myanma authorities charge 500 baht for the visa.

It costs 250 Baht or 5US$ to cross into Burma (Myanma) at Mae Sai.

Very easy, not much waiting. No need to get visa in advance.

If you want to go into the market, the Burma immigration will keep hold of your passport and give you a ticket with a number to reclaim it when you leave. Otherwise you can just wait, get your passport stamped and return to Mae Sai.

As previously stated you will need to have 10,000 Baht in cash to show the Thai immigration if requested that you have funds to support yourself.