Pattaya - Month To Month

BigDamo

Guys, thinking of moving to pattaya but wondering how much does it cost to live in the city on average per month? Could you answer some Q's? You cant really compare holiday costs to full time living costs?

How much will an apartment cost and bills?

What about food? Eating in and out?

Going out drinking? Do the local ex pats head to walking street or stick to the outskirts?

Guys, thinking of moving to pattaya but wondering how much does it cost to live in the city on average per month? Could you answer some Q's? You cant really compare holiday costs to full time living costs?

Going out drinking? Do the local ex pats head to walking street or stick to the outskirts?

If you want to live central like me, your rent for a nice place will be 15k+. I think eating out makes more sense as it's very inexpensive unless you enjoy cooking and choosing your own ingredients. How will you transport yourself? Public or motorbike? The major expense in Pattaya is obviously alcohol and women. I don't drink alcohol but the happy hours offer drafts for 50 baht which is very reasonable and as for women, you can meet nice girls online so that wipes out probably the biggest Pattaya expense which is usually more than your accommodation these days.

Why not come here and live a few months and do your own homework. Everyone has a different lifestyle and budget. If you want to live like Naam you need to rob Fort Knox but if you want to live the life of pauper you only need a few scheckles.

your questions sound all like "how much is a second hand car?"

Been a while since I lived in Pattaya but when I did very few long term residential expats drank, or even ventured, down walking street. There is now an Irish style pub down there, Molly Malones, but as I dislike these theme palaces I'll not comment but you might find a few in there. There are other Irish pubs around town like Jamesons that seem to get a fair trade from the expats. I think the main attraction is that they are family pubs where you can go for a beer without hassle from bg's.

As you are talking about an apartment rather than a house I assume you intend living in, or near, the town centre. You might want to consider a house on the east side of Sukhumvit (aka the dark side). Advantage is that you are out of town hence it is quieter, disadvantage is transport into town is more difficult. There are a fair few expats living in that area and nowadays even a few bars and restaurants are springing up. Can't help you with rents as my info is out of date.

Eating out is as cheap or expensive as you want to make it but it's worthwhile having the facilities to eat in for those days when you just can't be ar5ed going out and really fancy a quiet night in watching TV over a few beers and a bite to eat.

If you want to live central like me, your rent for a nice place will be 15k+. I think eating out makes more sense as it's very inexpensive unless you enjoy cooking and choosing your own ingredients. How will you transport yourself? Public or motorbike? The major expense in Pattaya is obviously alcohol and women. I don't drink alcohol but the happy hours offer drafts for 50 baht which is very reasonable and as for women, you can meet nice girls online so that wipes out probably the biggest Pattaya expense which is usually more than your accommodation these days.

yOU CAN MEET NICE GIRLS ONLINE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Me not bar girl lol lol.

Most of the girls online are after money,farang,money and money

Tourist guides-freelancers

You can meet a nice girl anywhere,but dont think many online are after loooooooooooooooove.A big percentage are scamming.

One can reduce the cost of drinking by choosing bars that have a pricing policy which attracts many people to stay a couple of hours drinking.Thai food is a much better buy than farang food but also there are restaraunts who can charge double also.Also when you live here,most people dont go out every night,just get a dish and watch movies or but a DVD and buy some movies.Suggestions for the first few months will reduce your costs,and only go short time,that will reduce some headaches too lol.If a lady stays and leaves her toothbrush,knickers and a dress be careful lol.

Yep,

would have to agree with the wise answer given by "Longball53098"............one of trying out a period here yourself and

establishing your own lifestyle preferences.

Probably seems to be dodging the topic...but no one but you knows if you want luxurious rental property or not/do you like

Thai food or not/are you a Draft beer man or like single-malt whiskey/are you gonna' be sharpening your pencil on a semi-regular

basis with hookers/will you be blasting air-con in your room all the time or like only a fan etc.. etc.. etc.. etc..

Probably like thinking what type of car someone will buy....there are just too many variables + it's up to you to do a field-test

and set your own parameters.Have fun doing it :o:D:D

40,000 Baht per month as a minimum. But I found that the first few years I was spending double that on average; that being the 'Pattaya Factor'.

Booze is not particularly cheap in most places; but after a while you will find a few dozen bars that offer real value (for example selling big bottles).

Rent is anything from 2,000 baht per month excluding bills. But a half decent apartment will be 8,000 baht excluding bills UNFURNISHED.

Obviously furnished apartments start at 15,000 baht for anything decent.

Then there is electricity/water/telephone/internet/transportation.

You might want to think about health insurance if you plan on using motorbikes.

Food can be cheap if you cook your own, or eat at Thai eateries.

Then the rest is entertainment...............

40,000 Baht per month as a minimum.

I got by on far less for years. Most do and can. Most retirees I speak with get 30,000/month pension and still have some left over at the month's end. At that rate, nobody I've spoken to yet feels constrained. It's about spending wisely and knowing how to have fun doesn't necessarily involve large payments. In a previous life, my monthly rent was 6000 all included, 2400 for bike rent, and then 6000 for eating/entertainment. I had sex every single day with 1-2 girls (only mentioning this for demonstrative purposes) and always had a full stomach and got massages too. So it can be done and there's no feeling of suffering or non inclusion for the most part.

The good thing is that it is possible to live on 30k baht a month if you don't have a much money.

However if you want to live a carefree relaxed lifestyle with good accommodation i would suggest double that to 60k baht a month.

I have quite a few friends that live on around that amount with accommodation.

They still do have to budget thou so for me around 90k a month is more suitable and not have to think too much about buying whatever i want.

Personally i need around 90k baht a month but i just spend

all depends on your lifestyle, how much do you spend at home compared to others?

i don't go out drinking, never bar fine girls or pick up girls, hit walking street once, maybe 3 times a year at MOST, so my money isn't spent on sex booze and entertainment, and my monthly minimum is 90k

all depends on what you're willing to do, live in a very cheap depressing condo and do nothing all day, or enjoy you life.

all depends on your lifestyle, how much do you spend at home compared to others?

i don't go out drinking, never bar fine girls or pick up girls, hit walking street once, maybe 3 times a year at MOST, so my money isn't spent on sex booze and entertainment, and my monthly minimum is 90k

all depends on what you're willing to do, live in a very cheap depressing condo and do nothing all day, or enjoy you life.

90,000 a month ? You don't drink and don't pick up girls ? No entertainment ? I could live for 9,000 a month if I lived like you do.

I live lavishly here, large house, posh car, fancy restaurants etc etc but dont forget I'm working here - I'm trying to plan my portfolio so to speak so I can live a decent life with out working?? Forward planning call it??

So that means, live in a decent furnished apartment (prob better to buy though) Would you agree?? / Eat decent food at home or when I go out / would like to drive a car but do u think a bike is better?? Enjoy early retirement!!

80k/90k baht per month sounds do able maybe up to 110k per month, so your saying that could provide a decent life? I dont wanna be living in a back street dive studio with no security and getting burgled weekly etc etc......

no problem spending 100k a month and more ,but then we have a house all mod cons .its the wife and son that take the money ,if your single and dont mind living in a studio with no internet ,no car,no ubc, no school fees it can be far less.

oh for those lazy hazy days as a single guy. :o

• 4 months later...

100k a month ???????????? thats 500 euro a week spending...........i seriously doubt it........im not living in thailand full time,still 35.....but when i do i will hopefully live well but i doubt i will be spending any way near that........ye must be shopaholics......500 euro would be a decent wage now in these recession times...if u said half this amount there would be some sense in it......anyway dont mind me , every one to their own.fair play to you thats all i say....

100k a month ???????????? thats 500 euro a week spending...........i seriously doubt it........im not living in thailand full time,still 35.....but when i do i will hopefully live well but i doubt i will be spending any way near that........ye must be shopaholics......500 euro would be a decent wage now in these recession times...if u said half this amount there would be some sense in it......anyway dont mind me , every one to their own.fair play to you thats all i say....

100k a month for expats working here is not that unusual, most I know are in the 125k -150k month range...

I am here in Pattaya now since early December , also asked similar questions as we want to retire here. We have a comfortable income & live well in Perth with our own home & vehicle , but if I had to spend 500 Euro a week to live in Patts why the hel_l would I move??

That's about $1550.00aud weekly. We are spending less than a third of that & dining out 7 days a week & renting a Hotel room at Diana Gardens Resort with Buffet Breakfast & regular foot massages etc. No children or school fees etc.though.

But we don't even spend that in Perth & we are at the Vines Resort in the Wine/Swan Valley. Must be some serious shopping going on

:o