Visa Options......

This is all very interesting to me. I have a Thai child and I am on his Thai birth certificate as the father. My question is, are there any other documents that I need to satisfy the machine (Thai Immigration), other than the birth certificate, that says that I am the legal father? The tax department accepted the B/C as proof and gave me a tax rebate.

The thai BC will only proof you are the father if you are married to the mother or if you are also the person who registered the birth. Merely being named as the father is not enough.

Next to proof of fathership you will also need to proof the Thai nationality of the child. Copy of ID card of schild should be enough

...I have a Thai child and I am on his Thai birth certificate as the father. My question is, are there any other documents that I need to satisfy the machine (Thai Immigration), other than the birth certificate, that says that I am the legal father? ...

From posts of other members I understand it depends on the child’s age. Below 7 years immigration wanted to see a court document that confirms you as the father. From 7 years upward immigration accepted the child’s signature and verbal confirmation.

--

Maestro

Here's the update to the original post.........

Along he went on his due date and saw the powers that be in Jomtien and was told........You can have an extention of stay for 12 months as soon as your bank account reaches 800k (retirement visa) and we can see the money has come from overseas, until then just pay the overstay of 500 a day!!

One week later he returned with his bank book and letter from the bank showing the 800K, back the next day to collect a shiny new extention.

This was his 3rd extention and they said that because he had previous extentions the 800K didn't have to be in the bank for the 90 days prior, as long as it was there on the day he renewed!!!

Go figure!!

What is his nationality? This can be important when "proving" income for a retirement visa extension.

He's a Brit but he has no income to prove!!!!

OK...if US citizen, no need to "prove" any pension income.

At the US consulate they give you a fill in the blanks affidavit that you fill in with your name, passport number, address, income and etc. that you then sign and make an oath in front of a consulate officer that it is true and correct. They don't ask for any proof of income because they are putting the onus on you. In other words you are making a sworn statement to a US goverment officer and can be charged with a federal crime if something was to occur that proved you lied.