Really Insane Things Around Pattaya

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start with:

Zebra crossings that fool new visitors into thinking the cars will stop for them when crossing the road.

I guess that the zebra crossing isue is not exclusive to Pattaya (sound advice though to new visitors not to put Western trust in them).

What I think is unique to Pattaya is the traffic "management system" in around the Sukhamvit Rd (notably to/from Pattaya Klang). It appears be neither managed or a system.

I return to Pattaya tomorrow, after a months absence, and I shall be intrigued to see whether the 2 new roads running parallel to the railway line are causing as much mayhem on Soi Nernplubwan and SCC Road (plus other arterial road off Sukhamvit Rd) as they were before.

The pavement slabs with the raised "guides" for blind people that actually lead them directly into power poles!

I disagree. The Thai "blind" beggars aren't led directly into power poles...they are led directly into the beer bar where they pester me for money. :o

and sue you for not giving them

I always love it when I see one of the following:

A Thai lady in her early twenties walking down the street with a farang guy in a wheelchair who has an oxygen tank.

A Thai lady in her early twenties walking down the street with a farang boy of about age 13.

How about when you go to a beer bar and all of the girls you saw there a month ago have been replaced by younger ones? But who is complaining...

How about when you go to a beer bar and all of the girls you saw there a month ago have been replaced by younger ones? But who is complaining...

Where can we find the younger ones? They seem to hang on longer and longer. Some bars on 2nd road look like a geriatric home.

Where can we find the younger ones? They seem to hang on longer and longer. Some bars on 2nd road look like a geriatric home.

Which bars ?

Maturity can have it's benefits. I vividly recall a 40 year old BG in Soi 6/1 (OK, she looked about 28) who knew all the moves.

Which bars ?

Maturity can have it's benefits. I vividly recall a 40 year old BG in Soi 6/1 (OK, she looked about 28) who knew all the moves.

I don't doubt you at all and I've been there, done that. I just find it a sad reality when I see their older faces staring out hopefully.

True they are hard to find. There are a few sweet spots, but you have to search for awhile. Some of those go-go places not directly on walking street but on the streets that connect to it are pretty good.

Which bars ?

Isn't Soi 6/1 the Soi where they change there gender after some years.

To stay on topic, new roads that have big holes the next morning.

Farangs that come here and then whine because things aren't like they are "back home". :o

Like clean streets, polite people, and employees who give good service because they value their jobs?

Whoa there hendrix! What Nirvana have you given up for the Pattaya cesspit?

Guys, can we please not discuss BGs, as the thread will just get terminated.

Sound advice - please follow it

back to OP

The guys walking tough in a Harley Davidson Tshirt they bought for two bucks at the night bazaar and from a city in the US they have never been

People who think it funny to point a laser light pen into the eyes of a motorists/bike rider as they ride past

A Burger King meal that costs the same as "back home" but is half the size

Coming around a corner and finding a small tee branch 30cm (1 foot) before a dirty great big hole in the middle of the road

Buying two for one packs of stuff in the supermarket that costs more than two of the individual packs

CB

I always love it when I see one of the following:

A Thai lady in her early twenties walking down the street with a farang guy in a wheelchair who has an oxygen tank.

:o

Remember seeing a guy bombing pass a bar on one of those mobility scooters with a girl balancing on the back propping up his fluid drip.

Seeing a young girl with a dude around 50 or 60 with big fat guts and an earing and his hair braided with coloured beeds, mid life crisis to the max.

Seeing fat yanks with their t shirt sleeves rolled up on their sholders thinking their cool, trying to suck their guts in talking about how many fights they have had, with a young girl hangin off him.

Seeing farangs ride past on a scotter with a chain key ring and a Nazi helmit on.

-The vast # of one armed men. Never saw so many in my life until I hit the shores of Pattaya. A 1 armed man convention or something?

-Thai mothers carry their kids in the womb for 9 months and proclaim they love their children but then ride around at all speeds not willing to spring 150 baht for protective headgear. <deleted>?!

-The amazing # of ugly tattoos on old men covering much of their upper bodies.

-How Thais find it normal to stand still at the top or bottom of a moving escalator.

-How farangs can suicide jump off tall buildings (at least farrangs remember to check the heights first!) regardless of who will have to find them and scrape them off the pavement with a spatula.

-That soi dogs in often menacing packs are given free roam of the entire city (often seen camping out on the lawn at city hall believe it or not) yet we are billed as a world class family resort? Oy vey!

-How the police makes a big spectacle of fining/closing bars that have nudity with the accompanying press capturing everything with their cameras yet if all the nudity did not exist, some police officers would be out of a job as the city would be much quieter requiring less officers. I know they're following orders but still...

-How you can get fined for a moving violation in the morning (ie no helmet) and continue that offense all day but as long as you have paid once, you won't get fined again. Ha!

-Thais working on high platforms with zero protection or security. One slip up and get the spatula!

-How some farrangs can disrespect everyone around them, their hosts, and themselves by acting like a complete ignorant <deleted> all because he's on his 2 week holiday so that gives him a license to do all the things in Pattaya that he would never dream of doing in his home country out of fear, respect, or impossibility.

<snip>

-

-More later.

Edited by Crow Boy
removal of reference to royals - comon guys you know not to do that

Seeing fat yanks with their t shirt sleeves rolled up on their sholders thinking their cool, trying to suck their guts in talking about how many fights they have had, with a young girl hangin off him.

having stupid, American bashing, idiots, like this keyboard warrior OP posting like this

Edited by jimmys

seeing huge, steroid laden, tattooed Englishmen walking around like they own the world and starting fights

[sorry to all you Englishmen but this posting jerk doesn't need to bash Americans]

I think they give Pattaya bound Brits free optional ugly tattoos at the airport and lessons on how to be a prat while in Thailand (as if those that misbehave here weren't already misbehaving in their own country?). The Scandinavian men get a brainwashing that having a completely dependent uneducated Thai girlfriend to send money to who shall remain in Pattaya long after you go back home makes a lot of sense. Hello Finland!

Edited by hendrix