Non-immigrant "o" Visa Extension

Hi

I'm 40 years old man from Belgium.

I'm married with Thai for almost 2 years , we're now living in Belgium

We're planning to move to Thailand and buy a house there ,

I'm going to ask non-immigrant visa type O here in Brussels and do the extension when I arrive in Thailand.

My question is : I married to a Thai , have 400,000 in the bank account BUT I have no income because we're going to sell everything here and I will live from the interest from my money in the Belgium bank. Is that possible that they will reject my extension application because I have no work? :o

Is that going to be any risk that we buy a house there and then I can't stay in Thailand?

Is that will be ok if I bring 400K in cash with me and put that in the account to show to immigration or does it have to be transfer from Belgium? And actually when you ask the letter from the bank , will that state on it too that the money has been transfered from abroad ?

P.S. Sorry for my poor English. :D

Hi

I'm 40 years old man from Belgium.

I'm married with Thai for almost 2 years , we're now living in Belgium

We're planning to move to Thailand and buy a house there ,

I'm going to ask non-immigrant visa type O here in Brussels and do the extension when I arrive in Thailand.

My question is :  I married to a Thai , have 400,000 in the bank account BUT I have no income because we're going to sell everything here and I will live from the interest from my money in the Belgium bank.  Is that possible that they will reject my extension application because I have no work? :o

Is that going to be any risk that we buy a house there and then I can't stay in Thailand?

Is that will be ok if I bring 400K in cash with me and put that in the account to show to immigration or does it have to be transfer from Belgium? And actually when you ask the letter from the bank , will that state on it too that the money has been transfered from abroad ?

P.S. Sorry for my poor English.  :D

Arrange for your bank to transfer the funds to your Thai account. They mostly want to see that the funds have come from abroad. Don't risk not being able to show that it did come from abroad. With the 400,000 baht in an account in the Kingdom, all should be well. Good luck.

As Pat says you do not need the money until you have been here several months so file a wire transfer agreement with your bank (or whatever they need so that you can make international wire transfers by phone or fax). Come and set up bank account. Transfer 400k. Apply for extension of stay.

You are expected to have work at your age so regular transfers into your account from overseas will serve to show your employment and fulfill support requirements of your extension.

Nothing is ever 100% in this world but as long as you have enough income to provide support and this is shown by your bank deposits you should not have any problems in that regard.

The bank letter will say how much is in your account but first time you should also ask Thai bank for copies of the wire transfer paperwork. Next year believe they will be happy with just the code in your bankbook (which shows source is foreign), along with the normal bank letter.