New Airport

ProfessorFart

Yes,I read something about it a couple of months ago.All part of the new futuristic integrated transport policy.

The idea is to upgrade the present line to Sattahip but believe it will start from Hula-lam.and link up with the sky train/new mass T near Suwan Int Airport.

Will try and locate but you could try a serch in 2 Bangkok.com (good indepth transport news and updates.) :D

Incid.I have/never gone straight to Pat from UK.

Quiet ride on the no 3 bus (to Ekki)catch up with Bangkok Post,and then crash out/ stop over in Soi 19 and start hols in the Cowboy. :D ...relax dont do it et all that. :D ...its a cultural thing :o

Like all good ideas ..they come and go. :D

In C.M they have been talking about new motorways construction programmes,integrated transports projects,new rail services,Sky Trains,Underground systems,trolly buses :o and even remember the idea of some sort of overhead Ski lift (prob.from Airport up the mountain to Doi Sutep)

What they really need is to import 5000 dodgems cars from the old defunct pier at the Brighton fun fare and rent them out at 50 Bt a time.

Completely impratical but good fun... and no crash helmits needed......shush.....wot u mean electricity :D

The worst part about travelling to Thailand is the taxi ride from Bangkok to Pattaya, after a long haul flight.....Pure torture!  :o

No .....the worst part is the journey back to Bangkok with the thought of Blighty ahead of you. :D

Yeah thats bad enough,but when your journey takes nearly 4 hours because of an unusually slow and very incompetant taxi driver(who incidentely manages to spill the nearly full contents of a pint of pepsi that was bought for him by yours truly all over me whilst driving) only having allowed 3 hours for the drive,and then miss your flight.You actually find yourself desperate to get back to good old blighty!

i still cant get over how such a slow driver managed to scare me so much....

Yeah thats bad enough,but when your journey takes nearly 4 hours because of an unusually slow and very incompetant taxi driver(who incidentely manages to spill the nearly full contents of a pint of pepsi that was bought for him by yours truly all over me whilst driving) only having allowed 3 hours for the drive,and then miss your flight.You actually find yourself desperate to get back to good old blighty!

i still cant get over how such a slow driver managed to scare me so much....

That is a rarity.

An older mate of mine and I had been to Cambodia for a visit, him straight from the UK. He was dying to get to Patters to see his then current BG so insisted on a taxi from the airport straight down. As neither of us like flying we'd had a good few beers already that day and wishing to keep up the mood had bought more for the taxi ride.

The taxi driver set off flying along at a merry pace. My mate got me to tell him to slow it down a bit which I duly did, and then my mate's old weak bladder came into play and we were stopping every 10 mins so he could have a piss!

Needless to say the trip took us an age and when we got to Patters the driver didn't have a clue where he was going! We arrived pissed and knackered. Needless to say my mate then crashed out all night so had to wait to see his BG!!