Koh Phayam And Koh Chang (ranong)

2long

We've been to Phi Phi and Phuket loads of times and love the clear water. Ok, so the quantity of tourists and the prices hurt, but that's life.

Does anyone have any experience of Koh Chang (Ranong, not the big one in Trat) and Koh Phayam? I can deal with no internet, no air con and other traumas, but I would be most interested to compare these two islands' sea water in snorkelling areas with those in The Phuket area.

Cheers

Hi Ko Chang is very small, no roads and very idylic. There is no pier so the boat gets near the beach and you have to wade in the last few yards. Most of the small resorts have a resteraunt atached and accom and food cheap and cheerful. just the place to relax and recharge the soul. KoPayam is a little larger with a few roads and some resorts with aircon and internet. You can still get a small bungalow on the beach very cheap and the waters are again beautiful. Mrs H2o and I used to go there for new year and just chill.Very nice people and un spoilt at the moment. In my opinion a lot nicer than Pi Pi. Enjoy

Hi Ko Chang is very small, no roads and very idylic. There is no pier so the boat gets near the beach and you have to wade in the last few yards. Most of the small resorts have a resteraunt atached and accom and food cheap and cheerful. just the place to relax and recharge the soul. KoPayam is a little larger with a few roads and some resorts with aircon and internet. You can still get a small bungalow on the beach very cheap and the waters are again beautiful. Mrs H2o and I used to go there for new year and just chill.Very nice people and un spoilt at the moment. In my opinion a lot nicer than Pi Pi. Enjoy

Euhm I think your mixing things up, Koh Chang is the second biggest island of Thailand, It has a paved road almost all the way around, there is plenty of [fast] internet and more then one pier...

Its part of the marine park in to wich 47 islands belong, a few of them fit your descibtion like Koh Kood, Koh Wai or maybe you mean Koh Samet?[anyhting but quiet though still no decent paved road...] The last one has a pier although you can take a speedboat to one of the beaches.

What is Koh Payam? You mean Koh Phangan? down south??

Edited by DaoDao

Euhm I think your mixing things up, Koh Chang is the second biggest island of Thailand, It has a paved road almost all the way around, there is plenty of [fast] internet and more then one pier...

Its part of the marine park in to wich 47 islands belong, a few of them fit your descibtion like Koh Kood, Koh Wai or maybe you mean Koh Samet?[anyhting but quiet though still no decent paved road...] The last one has a pier although you can take a speedboat to one of the beaches.

Both Koh Chang and Koh Payam are situated in Ranong Province.

Both Koh Chang and Koh Payam are situated in Ranong Province.

Boy do I need to get updated [hehe on the other 46 islands :o ] never heard of it :D