Sun Cream Is Staining White Shirts

Marvo

I have to use a factor 30+ sun cream when I go out during the daytime but it rubs onto the collar and sleeves of shirts and leaves a yellowish stain that a normal wash with normal powder doesn't touch. I've tried bleach in varying concentrations on it too but it doesn't shift it either.

Has anyone out there got any magic formula?

^ Yep, 'Vanish' liquid - the stuff in the dark pink plastic bottles. It got a nasty brown banana juice stain out of my silk shirt after about two weeks of continuous soaking. I'll never wear silk again while I cut the bananas down. :o

I tried Vanish on smoke stained, light colored shirts that were hung in an open wardrobe.

It didn't work.

I then tried Woolie's "Select" "Oxygenerated, Soaker & Stain Remover".

That worked for me.

$10.00 for 2 kgs.

How do you translate "Oxygenerated, Soaker & Stain Remover" into Thai? :o

I have to use a factor 30+ sun cream when I go out during the daytime but it rubs onto the collar and sleeves of shirts and leaves a yellowish stain that a normal wash with normal powder doesn't touch. I've tried bleach in varying concentrations on it too but it doesn't shift it either.

Has anyone out there got any magic formula?

Good advice above on the "vanish," but may I ask how it gets on your clothes? It's absorbed into the skin.

I use Banana Boat brand, 50 SFP every single day and have never had this problem.

What brand do you use?

I guess this is the ladies forum :o

Unsure of your masculinity? Better nip over to the motoring forum with the other lads. :D

ok baby!!!

Well its fine anyway. but I think its to late to get that stuff out. its there to stay! Trying getting these white stains out of black sheets. Now theres a bother and a half.

Unsure of your masculinity? Better nip over to the motoring forum with the other lads. :D

ok baby!!!

Well its fine anyway. but I think its to late to get that stuff out. its there to stay! Trying getting these white stains out of black sheets. Now theres a bother and a half.

Just buy a couple of new shirts or dye them yellow , save all the expense and trauma , used oxygenerative powder for years and it works , in most cases .

SPF 30 ??? wow...

You must sunburn in what, about 10 minutes?

Seriously, I would ask how much time are you in the sun? As a rough rule of thumb, the SPF number is a multiple of how long you can be exposed to the sun without burning, compared to unprotected skin (SPF 1).

So if you would burn unprotected in 30 minutes, then SPF 30 should let you stay in the sun for 900 minutes, or 15 hours.

Your money, up to you...but I would say that you are paying for a product that you do not need...plus ruining shirts in the bargain.

The offender is Nivea 5 in 1 - SPF30. I'll never buy that stuff again. I'm out on the golf course in the sun for 5 hours at a stretch (mad dogs and.....) so I don't take any chances! I'll try the "vanish" first and then maybe the nappy pre-soak if I don't get a result. Findings to be posted on the "ladies" forum :o .

WOW must be slow day..14 posts on washing powder and sun cream...possibly these questions should be posed in the ladies section ?? :o

It is relevant...plenty of men do laundry.

I still wonder how Mom used to get my (farm) work jeans so clean.

As "Dirty Old man" pointed the best cleaning product in Thailand is m_a_e_b_a_a_n :D

Haha MR guwn theen seems to be pushing your buttons … rock on dude

Are you talking about that MARSHMALLOW boy with a "looneyTOON" personality?

Careful I might tie that "MARSHMALLOW boy" to the chopstick and put/stick him under the sun,......Do U want to witness it?..huh huh :o

Careful I might tie that "MARSHMALLOW boy" to the chopstick and put/stick him under the sun,......Do U want to witness it?..huh huh :o

Chill DUDE!!

Chill DUDE!!

I am not a DUDE!!......stop bugging at ME

Chill DUDE!!

OK dude...

Edited by RakJungTorlae

Chill DUDE!!

OK dude...

Will you two teenys go outside and play.

Thank you.

its a thread asking for tips to deal with a particular problem, if you dont have an answer to it, you dont really have to say anything. theres enough threads of fun nature where members can have good banter, but bringing it to a thread where someone is trying to get a practical solution doesnt help

OP, it might not be a bad idea to ask the ladies on the forum actually. in fact now that I think about it, there was a thread running there on some of these tips. so there might already be answer there somewhere, or having the thread in that forum could give you a few more ideas

let me know if you want the thread moved.

cheers

• 2 months later...

ok baby!!!

Just buy a couple of new shirts or dye them yellow , save all the expense and trauma , used oxygenerative powder for years and it works , in most cases .

Yeah, big problem in Thailand that you cannot by yellow shirts.

angry039.gif