Cnn Poll

klikster

Not really another poll .. but a poll I came across on CNN's website.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRAVEL/

Quick Vote

Would the political crisis in Thailand stop you from traveling there?

Yes 70% 4141

No 30% 1738

Total Votes: 5879

'Nuff said?

I am making an assumption based on what I've witnessed in the past.

Tourists (especially American) do not get much time to travel long distances. So, they take short holidays. They also don't know a lot of details about the foreign countries they are visiting, understandably.

So, if the they think there holiday will be canceled, delayed, or that they will encounter difficulties, they scratch country A off of the list and choose country, B.

I still think Thailand is a great destination for short term tourists, though.

Quick Vote

Yes 70% 4141

No 30% 1738

'Nuff said?

I am making an assumption based on what I've witnessed in the past.

Tourists (especially American) do not get much time to travel long distances. So, they take short holidays. They also don't know a lot of details about the foreign countries they are visiting, understandably.

So, if the they think there holiday will be canceled, delayed, or that they will encounter difficulties, they scratch country A off of the list and choose country, B.

I still think Thailand is a great destination for short term tourists, though.

Thailand? Is that near Paris FRAAANCE? :o

OK, maybe your joking about the geographical weaknesses of Americans. Fair enough.

But this is about news reports of strikes and political disagreements.

As for any negative news reports regarding a strange crime, political crisis, or a recent natural disaster, average folks pick some safe spot.

As for Paris and Europe, Americans on the East Coast go to Europe a lot more (IMO) because it's a 6-7 hour flight out of the Northeast, wheras folks on the West coast tend to go to Hawaii (I know it's a US state) and Mexican resorts.

Of course .. silly me. Only USAians ever visit the CNN website. :o
You mean to tell me CNN actualy took a poll that may be of interest to the masses at large ? They are supposed to be a NEWS channel , but most of what i see are ball sports , tidly-winks and that type of thing , NEWS ? Where the heck does one find news of interest to the masses , are they not all football fanatics ?

Well, a lot of American's don't travel overseas as much as the Europeans, but that is because we actually live in a large country. We can go skiing year around in the rockies if we want, we can go to Florida or Hawaii and have tropical heat year around. We have deserts, lakes, mountains, heat, cold, humid and dry areas. We have forests and plains. So when it comes to going somewhere, we can do it without really leaving home.

Of course .. silly me. Only USAians ever visit the CNN website. :o
You mean to tell me CNN actualy took a poll that may be of interest to the masses at large ? They are supposed to be a NEWS channel , but most of what i see are ball sports , tidly-winks and that type of thing , NEWS ? Where the heck does one find news of interest to the masses , are they not all football fanatics ?

CNN sucks, but it's still better than the Boring Beeb. :D

No surprise that on a mostly American site most people wouldn't go to Thailand, the surprising thing is that 30% would even consider it. Only about 700k Americans out of a population of 300 million go to Thailand every year, and I imagine most are on business or have family interests there. Americans will simply never go to Thailand in large numbers as tourists.

Quick Vote

Yes 70% 4141

No 30% 1738

'Nuff said?

No, just keep out of the way, Thai people are quite capable of dealing with their political problems.

Does not compute!

No surprise that on a mostly American site most people wouldn't go to Thailand, ..

Did you really mean to say that?

.. the surprising thing is that 30% would even consider it. Only about 700k Americans out of a population of 300 million go to Thailand every year, and I imagine most are on business or have family interests there. Americans will simply never go to Thailand in large numbers as tourists.

That CNN poll is about 30% of 5,879 people .. not 30% of 300,000,000.