New Bed Mattress

twix38

Thanks, I will.

Are there any Bed shops or good value/good quality deals to be found currently? Sales or special offers, if anyone knows?

I have a matress that gives me backache, so I have no choice but to get a good quality one and replace it.

Ive seen a shop which sells mattresses and beds on Pattaya Klang close to the Sukhumvit, On the corner of the small 'Turn Off' onto Sukhumvit road. Ive never purchased from here myself but a friend has and was happy with their purchase/service.

Thanks, I will.

Are there any Bed shops or good value/good quality deals to be found currently? Sales or special offers, if anyone knows?

I have a matress that gives me backache, so I have no choice but to get a good quality one and replace it.

Index on Sukhumvit has some great, but expensive, mattresses.

You might consider just putting a foam pad over your current mattress, unless the problem is that it's too soft. I did that w/ a cheap hard mattress and it worked well.

Edited by JSixpack

Ive seen a shop which sells mattresses and beds on Pattaya Klang close to the Sukhumvit, On the corner of the small 'Turn Off' onto Sukhumvit road. Ive never purchased from here myself but a friend has and was happy with their purchase/service.

Its called PEENANG (I guess that's how you pronounce it) phone: 038-426332

They have loads of mattresses to suit all budgets, some really top quality ones, but obviously more expensive.

I've bought 4 mattresses from there and no complaints so far. Good service and open to price negotiation if you push them. :o

This shop is called Lotus, not to be confused with Tesco Lotus, and has a good selection of bedding, we tend not to go anywhere else now.

Index on Sukhumvit has some great, but expensive, mattresses.

You might consider just putting a foam pad over your current mattress, unless the problem is that it's too soft. I did that w/ a cheap hard mattress and it worked well.

I would not recommend Index mattresses. I bought them 'bundled' with some bedroom suites here in Udon and I am replacing them after only 4 months. They do not have sufficient cushioning over the springs. I am 100kg and even with a deep pad on top, I still feel the lumps. maybe they are structured for the lighter Asian body.

Opposite the bus station on Pattaya Nua, there's an open-air bedding and furniture shop that had good deals and those mattresses I have had at the Pattaya house for well over a year. I can also recommend the bedding shop at the Pattaya Klang/Sukhumvit junction (NW corner).

I got one at INDEX. It is the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. Kind of pricey, but I think, well worth it. It is about 18 inches thick and sooooooo comfortable. It is also hype alegenic with stuff that eliminates dust mites etc. When I bought mine, they threw in king pillows, those round long pillows, cases for the pillows, fitted sheet, and a thick heavy duvet. My girlfriend moves and I don't even feel it. After a year it is still the best mattress I have ever slept on.

I am 104 killos (sp), and have never felt any lumps bumps springs or anything but wonderful comfort.

Edited by rmicheald

Also Home Pro next to Carrefour / Tesco-Lotus / Big C all carry interior sprung mattresses in the 18K to 25K range, plus some more expensive items.

But unless you buy a US / European make they will probably be designed for the 50kg people, not the 120kg people.

King size should be for the taller, heavier person, I would think.

Kind of pricey, but I think, well worth it.

What 'kind of pricey' are we talking here?

I will admit that I didn't thoroughly research all the mattress option they offered, just grabbed what was 'bundled' with the suites so I will admit that I may have bought a lesser mattress than yours. I recall about 5000 baht maybe?

The real comfy one I bought opposite the bus station was 7600 baht, King size, reduced from 10000. Bargain!

Try Big C.

Bought one there,not the best,but the most expensive either.

Its called PEENANG (I guess that's how you pronounce it) phone: 038-426332

They have loads of mattresses to suit all budgets, some really top quality ones, but obviously more expensive.

I've bought 4 mattresses from there and no complaints so far. Good service and open to price negotiation if you push them. :o

I have dealt with this company and have found them to be very good. It was not for a mattress but some tables and chairs. They can be persuaded to give a little on price. :D

This shop is called Lotus, not to be confused with Tesco Lotus, and has a good selection of bedding, we tend not to go anywhere else now.

I agree with the above, i bought my mattress from this shop about 4 years ago, cant remember how much it was but it was not overpriced, if it was i would not have got it. Its been a great mattress, better than the first couple i bought when i first came here from one of these furniture shops on the Sukhumvit - it was like sleeping on a wooden door. Good luck - A good comfy nights sleep, maketh a person.

Kind of pricey, but I think, well worth it.

What 'kind of pricey' are we talking here?

I will admit that I didn't thoroughly research all the mattress option they offered, just grabbed what was 'bundled' with the suites so I will admit that I may have bought a lesser mattress than yours. I recall about 5000 baht maybe?

The real comfy one I bought opposite the bus station was 7600 baht, King size, reduced from 10000. Bargain!

It was a year ago, but I think it was in the neighborhood of 13,000 Baht, but could have been more.

Remember a mattress is an investment. A cheap mattress won't give several years usage, deteriorate and cause bad posture leading to back pain.

I bought a good mattress in Home Pro in Carrefour, Pattaya Klang about one year ago. It was marked-up at 18,000 baht but the sales-team discounted it to 14,000 baht. It was a queen-size double: Brand name 'Lotus'.-Recommended. One year on; back-pain free!

• 2 weeks later...
Remember a mattress is an investment. A cheap mattress won't give several years usage, deteriorate and cause bad posture leading to back pain.

I bought a good mattress in Home Pro in Carrefour, Pattaya Klang about one year ago. It was marked-up at 18,000 baht but the sales-team discounted it to 14,000 baht. It was a queen-size double: Brand name 'Lotus'.-Recommended. One year on; back-pain free!

A place worth to try is called Kamyong Homestore. It's about 2,2 km past Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit South Pattaya, so, if you would stand in front of TL it's about 2,2 km to the left, you'll have to make a U-turn, because it's on the same side as Tesco Lotus. A friend called us yesterday while he was shopping in the store. It has a large choice of furniture as well and at prices lower than any other store. About three weeks ago we bought a bed for 9,500 Baht at TEENONG at the corner of Sukhumvit and the Soi which leads down to Foodland. The bed was downpriced from 15,900 to 9,500. Guess what? we bought a second one at Kamyong Homestore for 7,990 less 3% and it was delivered to our home just 3 hours later and the staff was extremely friendly!

You get what you pay for. I must have been drunk when I bought a mattress for 30,000 baht in HomeWorks next to Big C on Sukhumvit. Had no idea what they were worth at home either so just coughed up. Has a 5 year guarantee and they gave us some pillows and bedding free.

Was delivered on the dot and is excellent. No back pain anymore and it stopped me from snoring (gf still declares). Best sleep I ever had, even without Heineken.

Weighs a ton though, and when we moved recently, it was funny to see 3 guys getting lost in it on the way down stairs