Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done In Pattaya

hendrix

Believed a girl working in a south Pattaya establishment with flashing lights when she said she was briefly going home as her roommate "lost her key." She asked for salary before leaving and I waited all night for her to come back. D'oh!

...must have been because of your haircut :o

Hopping on the back of a moto driven by a chrome pole maiden I had fallen in love with about 20 minutes prior as she zipped north on Second Road from Pattayaland Two to Soi Eight at 100 kph, thinking "Wow, this sure is fun!?!" No helmet and not a care in the world. Sadly, the romance ended about an hour and one-half later. :o

~WISteve

Addicted2Pattaya: 3) Thinking "little bit spicy" actually means little bit spicy.

:D Same! When I was explaining "little bit spicy" sore belly whilst rubbing my belly I honestly thought the waitress understood. Silly me!

The dumbest thing was going to Pats with my then GF. :D Another wasted opportunity! :o

At a Go Go Soi 1 Pattaya with 3 mates. We all were going to a party at a bar Soi 9 Jomtien.

Got 4 motor scooter guys (don't know why a baht bus hire would have been cheaper). All aboard I yelled out 1,000 baht bonus to the first one there.

We all arrived in one peice but it took me several rounds to be forgiven.

Hopping on the back of a moto driven by a chrome pole maiden I had fallen in love with about 20 minutes prior as she zipped north on Second Road from Pattayaland Two to Soi Eight at 100 kph, thinking "Wow, this sure is fun!?!" No helmet and not a care in the world. Sadly, the romance ended about an hour and one-half later. :o

~WISteve

You short-timing fool you.

There was a TQ night star that had the same style of motocy driving a couple of years ago. Luckily I was staying at the Dynasty so I would walk. I recommended her to a friend who rented on Pratumnak hill with the proviso that he NEVER ride pillion. He did but he said he was scared sh!tless the whole way there.

Edited by NanLaew

Addicted2Pattaya: 3) Thinking "little bit spicy" actually means little bit spicy.

:D Same! When I was explaining "little bit spicy" sore belly whilst rubbing my belly I honestly thought the waitress understood. Silly me!

The dumbest thing was going to Pats with my then GF. :D Another wasted opportunity! :o

Like taking sand to the beach!

Rang the bell in misty go go one night, cost 30.000 baht,. the tw@t of a manager even had the cheek to overcharge, ive never been back there :o

Is this in the past year (approx.) with Paul as manager?

Wouldn't 've expected it of him or Andy. But now Andy is much more enamoured of his new gaff.

I went to a Thai food restaurant and was looking over the menu. I noticed you could have your selection of meat with each dish. I picked one out that sounded interesting and the waitress came over to my table. I asked for the dish with pork. "Moo?" asked the waitress. "No, oink!", I replied. She wrote it down and went to turn in my order for preparation.

It wasn't until much later on my trip that I found out that moo is the Thai word for pork and she wasn't trying to imitate an animal. :o

Rang the bell in misty go go one night, cost 30.000 baht,. the tw@t of a manager even had the cheek to overcharge, ive never been back there :o

Wouldn't 've expected it of him or Andy. But now Andy is much more enamoured of his new gaff.

it was andy and it was 5 years ago, as i said ive never been back, blond haired brit as i remember,.

Booking air tickets in Pattaya travel agents instead of online.

I'm not blaming the travel agents for making a small profit but it was dumb that I didn't trust online booking for 5/6 years. Now I do.

Believe me booking, Emirates, Qatar, BA and Singapore online is always cheaper.

I went to a Thai food restaurant and was looking over the menu. I noticed you could have your selection of meat with each dish. I picked one out that sounded interesting and the waitress came over to my table. I asked for the dish with pork. "Moo?" asked the waitress. "No, oink!", I replied. She wrote it down and went to turn in my order for preparation.

It wasn't until much later on my trip that I found out that moo is the Thai word for pork and she wasn't trying to imitate an animal. :D

:o:D:D Classic

More than 20 years ago trying to order a banana milkshake in Thai language but managing to mangle my pronunciation of banana very badly. I got a lot of dirty looks and was only served after pointing to a banana. A Thai friend pointed out my mistake, which left me horrified. Never went back to the place again.

it was andy and it was 5 years ago, as i said ive never been back, blond haired brit as i remember,.

Andy is the owner - dark-haired scouser.

Paul is the manager for about a year now (maybe longer)

Try their new place in Soi 15 (Walking Street) and you'll be pleasantly surprised. (But prices have changed in five years!!)