Where To Buy In Beautiful Chiang Mai

bunta71

Already wasted $100 on the Viatec "Bark-Stop" Doesn't have any effect with so many dogs. The old helicopter pilot had one work for him but there was only one obnoxious dog next door and of course at his age there is probably some hearing loss along w/memory loss and other used to be prime abilities that have nothing to do with this post

Edited by bunta71

Tywais,

When you have made the said device and ready to sell please pm me. I am interested to buy one to discourage the neighbour's dogs from coming too near our gate. Our two dogs make too much noise but I don't allow them to go out to chase them away.

A device that is battery operated would be ideal. Otherwise I would have to connect long wire to the gate.

When pm me please include your own email address as well as my out going message box at Thaivisa does not work.

Thanks.

Tywais,

When you have made the said device and ready to sell please pm me. I am interested to buy one to discourage the neighbour's dogs from coming too near our gate. Our two dogs make too much noise but I don't allow them to go out to chase them away.

A device that is battery operated would be ideal. Otherwise I would have to connect long wire to the gate.

When pm me please include your own email address as well as my out going message box at Thaivisa does not work.

Thanks.

same as the above post Pm me also when ready.

bunta, wouldnt the noise canister have the opposite effect? Im just thinking that it may silence them for a sec with the shock factor but then the whole neighborhood dogs that hear the wierd noise may pipe up and join in. Im not sure of course.

As for the sonic dog deterrents, ive always thought seems like a good idea, but, are they in any way cruel to the animal? If the range is too long, surely they will feel constantly uncomfortable in their own homes?

As for the sonic dog deterrents, ive always thought seems like a good idea, but, are they in any way cruel to the animal? If the range is too long, surely they will feel constantly uncomfortable in their own homes?

They usually don't operate continuously but in bursts and on demand. Some detect motion and will start when something moves near it. As for being cruel, I don't think so - more of an irritant, like finger nails on the chalk board. Of course this will depend on the intensity and distance. The biggest problem is that the ultrasonic versions range is rather restrictive with intensity decaying rapidly with distance. Probably good from 20 to 40 feet from what I've seen. Useful if walking around the moo bahn or riding a bike or if they congregate in front of the gate.

As for my design, when I started planning it some time ago the issue was locating a transducer (piezo or ultrasonic) that was reasonable price, at the right frequency and at least 110 dB intensity. Started looking again today for them. The electronic design is rather trivial and the whole thing could fit into a box a few centimeters wide/long and a 9v battery. Maybe put one in a squirt gun for a double dose. <sorry eek - just kidding> :o

Also, we have very few soi dogs in our area now and is pretty quiet and another reason I didn't pursue it any further.

bunta, wouldnt the noise canister have the opposite effect? Im just thinking that it may silence them for a sec with the shock factor but then the whole neighborhood dogs that hear the wierd noise may pipe up and join in. Im not sure of course.

Even if it did quiet the dogs, it is an absurd idea that becoming the most offensive person in the neighborhood is going to solve the problem, (as Tywais suggested more politely). Just what would you do/think if some asshol_e in your neighborhood started up with a noise canister? But we have been through all this before and the OP will next say that he really did not mean it like he did before on the recent barking dog thread.

As for my design, when I started planning it some time ago the issue was locating a transducer (piezo or ultrasonic) that was reasonable price, at the right frequency and at least 110 dB intensity. Started looking again today for them. The electronic design is rather trivial and the whole thing could fit into a box a few centimeters wide/long and a 9v battery. Maybe put one in a squirt gun for a double dose. <sorry eek - just kidding> :D

Good luck with the design Tywais! Btw..im ALL for squirt guns..haha! I think its a pretty safe way to deter animals. Used to use one on the bully cat who terrorised my kitties. :o

The old helicopter pilot had one work for him but there was only one obnoxious dog next door and of course at his age there is probably some hearing loss along w/memory loss

:D

Yeah, yeah, very funny you guys. I may have hearing loss but there is no way I am going to forget you creeps. :D

The Bark Stop I have recommended is for training dogs not to bark, not to blast them into oblivion.

Has the OP considered explosives? A blowgun with curare darts? Perhaps Tywais could better spend his time creating a neutron emitter? Sleeping pills stashed in hamburger pellets? Beginning to care more about dogs than television?

Why do I get the sense that Bill97 is the most offensive person in his neighborhood? :D

I will attempt to contact this Bunty guy but have the sense that communication for him involves two tin cans and a string... :o

The old helicopter pilot had one work for him but there was only one obnoxious dog next door and of course at his age there is probably some hearing loss along w/memory loss

:D

Yeah, yeah, very funny you guys. I may have hearing loss but there is no way I am going to forget you creeps. :D

The Bark Stop I have recommended is for training dogs not to bark, not to blast them into oblivion.

Has the OP considered explosives? A blowgun with curare darts? Perhaps Tywais could better spend his time creating a neutron emitter? Sleeping pills stashed in hamburger pellets? Beginning to care more about dogs than television?

Why do I get the sense that Bill97 is the most offensive person in his neighborhood? :D

I will attempt to contact this Bunty guy but have the sense that communication for him involves two tin cans and a string... :o

The tin can and string thing must be something from the olden days (thats how they used to say it then.."olden days"). I wasn't even born then. My ex-wife always used to bug me about communication also