In The Process Of A Work Permit And Visa Runs Out Soon.

rmicheald

I am teaching at a local private school. They are waiting for the papers for my teaching license to come back from Bangkok and then have to send the papers to Pattaya Immigration for my work permit and visa. My visa (1year non-B) runs out on the 17th. If Immigration is in the process of working on my Work Permit and visa will I still need to consider getting a short term visa until they are done with the work permit / visa?

Just wanted to verify in case the lady here at the school drops the ball.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Micheal

Edited by rmicheald

I am teaching at a local private school. They are waiting for the papers for my teaching license to come back from Bangkok and then have to send the papers to Pattaya Immigration for my work permit and visa. My visa (1year non-:o runs out on the 17th. If Immigration is in the process of working on my Work Permit and visa will I still need to consider getting a short term visa until they are done with the work permit / visa?

Just wanted to verify in case the lady here at the school drops the ball.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Micheal

I suppose that you don't have a WP at the moment and that this will be your first one.

If your school can show that the application for a teachers' license is in process and that the WP will be the next step, Immigration might grant you a temporary extention (waiting for the paperwork).

If they're not that cooperative, you could go for another visarun on the 16th of this month, which will give you another 90 days of stay, provided that you didn't do this extra trip already.