'chinese' Thai Vs 'thai' Thai

ryanb741

I don't mean to offend anyone here but I have been married to a Chinese Thai girl for 5 years (I am 27, she is 25) and she is the best wife ever. She comes from a good family (Mum works for Thai Government, Dad is Architect) and she's definitely not in it for the money as she earns twice as much as me and even bought us a superb house in Bangkok.

Having Chinese genes, she is very focused on business and self-improvement and works very hard (we both live in London).

However, when we go back to Thailand every year is astounds me the difference in work ethic between the Chinese Thai population and the original thais or Issan people. These people are almost exclusively the ones you find in the bar trade etc. When in thailand my wife and her family deliberately avoid these areas, and I can see the shame on the face of my Wife and her family. Indeed, in the UK when asked her nationality she will often refer to herself as 'Singaporean' instead of Thai because of the tw*ts who will make silly remarks, and in any case even in Thailand most people think she is foreign.

The thing I want to know is in reality is there this massive gap between the Chinese Thais and the original Thais, and if so why is this the case?

Any thoughtful replies welcomed, no flaming please

Of course there's a difference between Chinese Thai's and Isaan Thai's. Same with BKK Thai's and Chiang Mai (Lanna) Thai's. Same with southern thai's.

Personally, I find the CM Thai's the friendliest. Chinese Thai's can be very 'elitist'...as your wife seems to be. That's just stupid calling herself 'Singaporean' and avoiding area's with 'other' Thai's.

My wife is extremely well educated from Chiang Mai...and she'd have to be tortured to call herself a Singaporean!!!

She'd also never be ashamed of other Thai's.

Your wife sounds like a snob mate! Sorry, but that's just elitist BS.

--------------------------------

Agreed. Sounds much like my Thai Chinese ex of eight years. I did learn something about astronomy from her though. The planets do not orbit around the sun.

Everything revolv :o es around her...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chinese people are way more direct than thai people about all matters. much less worried about saving face and smiling, that is for sure.

thai people are chill as can be. call them lazy if you want, i call them chill.

but congrats on chinese-thai wife, lets just hope she isnt familiar with the ratchada region of bangkok.

I don't mean to offend anyone here but I have been married to a Chinese Thai girl for 5 years (I am 27, she is 25) and she is the best wife ever. She comes from a good family (Mum works for Thai Government, Dad is Architect) and she's definitely not in it for the money as she earns twice as much as me and even bought us a superb house in Bangkok.

Having Chinese genes, she is very focused on business and self-improvement and works very hard (we both live in London).

However, when we go back to Thailand every year is astounds me the difference in work ethic between the Chinese Thai population and the original thais or Issan people. These people are almost exclusively the ones you find in the bar trade etc. When in thailand my wife and her family deliberately avoid these areas, and I can see the shame on the face of my Wife and her family. Indeed, in the UK when asked her nationality she will often refer to herself as 'Singaporean' instead of Thai because of the tw*ts who will make silly remarks, and in any case even in Thailand most people think she is foreign.

The thing I want to know is in reality is there this massive gap between the Chinese Thais and the original Thais, and if so why is this the case?

Any thoughtful replies welcomed, no flaming please

My wife is NZL-Thai (half/half blood)...she likes watching rugby,getting pissed and ignoring people :o

I mean seriously,in the big scheme of things ,who gives a rats as$,we've all got blood and bones, just walk to the beat of your own drum I say.

I've always been told not to generalise, especially when it comes to people, but if some of these generalisations were not true, then we would not be discussing them.

Chinese Thai wives are great but my wife is the best she is a Chinese Jew

Edited by esbobes

However, when we go back to Thailand every year is astounds me the difference in work ethic between the Chinese Thai population and the original thais or Issan people. These people are almost exclusively the ones you find in the bar trade etc.

There are a huge amount of chinese thai women working as hookers. The average farang just doesn't see them because they're working in the more "high-so" clubs, where they earn 10 or 20 times more for the same thing they provide than the "original thais" or "issan people" earn.

Aren't we all related. I mean, break it down, we all come from the same fish that walked out of the sea right. I'd love a tool that could instantly give me a chart mapping my biological relationship path to any other human on the planet :o D@mn those cavemen for not keeping more accurate records, fricken neanderthals.

Edited by kiakaha

Problem is that most Chinese/Thai birds are pig ugly!!!
Many would argue it's the Chinese Thai that is the more sought after,

They're lighter skinned, (less field work), and on the whole, more attractive.

Of course this is all subjective. :o

Aren't we all related. I mean, break it down, we all come from the same fish that walked out of the sea right. I'd love a tool that could instantly give me a chart mapping my biological relationship path to any other human on the planet :o D@mn those cavemen for not keeping more accurate records, fricken neanderthals.

ONly if you believe Charles Darwin - I certainly don't believe I have fish ancestors!

However, when we go back to Thailand every year is astounds me the difference in work ethic between the Chinese Thai population and the original thais or Issan people. These people are almost exclusively the ones you find in the bar trade etc.

There are a huge amount of chinese thai women working as hookers. The average farang just doesn't see them because they're working in the more "high-so" clubs, where they earn 10 or 20 times more for the same thing they provide than the "original thais" or "issan people" earn.

I'm a member of more than a few clubs and have been familiar with the Ratchada scene for quite awhile.... and while you'll find Thai-Chinese gals working there, they are easily outnumbered by Chinese from the Shan State, Burmese, gals from Southern Chinese states like Guangdong and Shenzhen, and northern Thais (with mixed Chinese heritage)... as opposed to Thais of pure Chinese descent. And actually the clubs and massage parlours that cater to the better to do here also have large numbers of Issan gals as well, they just aren't of the same appearance as farang market bar workers. Plenty are lighter skinned, and aren't squat with flat noses. Numbers wise, the Issan gals easily outnumber northern Thais and non-Thais working on Ratchada.

:o