No More Multi Non-b's From Penang?

I was looking forward to a visa run in Penang next week, but my lawyer just told me they have stopped giving multi nonB visas. I called to NJ books in Chulia street who pretty much confirmed this. They said you have to try but they will often give just a 3 month visa.

Lawyer said only can get the visa at Kota Baru. Does anyone have any recent experience at Penang applying for the multi NonB??

Sounds like a waste of money having already bought the plane ticket.

A certain, well-known Bangkok law firm (online) told me that I was wasting my time going to KL for a multi Non 'O' visa and to hire his services. I said I would try anyway and if unsuccessful, I'd contact him.

Got the multi and never heard from him since. He's swimming around looking for other bodies bobbing on the surface!!

Try KL.

Note: This was for a multi 'O' and not a multi 'B'

A certain, well-known Bangkok law firm (online) told me that I was wasting my time going to KL for a multi Non 'O' visa and to hire his services. I said I would try anyway and if unsuccessful, I'd contact him.

Got the multi and never heard from him since. He's swimming around looking for other bodies bobbing on the surface!!

Try KL.

Thanks James, we are in very different circumstances though. I have been on multi non B with work permit for 5 years, and have all tax receipts etc. everything is perfect.

I will try at Penang for it anyway, may as well as I already have the ticket. Lawyer called me back this afternoon and said that it IS possible to get it, he had one client got it yesterday but he said be sure to take work permit along. His client got it on the 2nd try, first time through an agency they wouldn't give it. I will go myself to the embassy this time.

I will report back on the 24th this month as to how it went.

A friend of mine who has a work permit applied for a multi non imm B in Penang last week, using an agency, but he was given only a single. He told me though that several people applying on the same day were given a multi non imm O.

Edited by keestha

A friend of mine who has a work permit applied for a multi non imm B in Penang last week, using an agency, but he was given only a single. He told me though that several people applying on the same day were given a multi non imm O.

What!!!!???? :D:D:D From Penang? :o

Sure, just called the guy to reconfirm. Two men who were in the row at the consulate just in front of him, collecting their passports, were given a multi entry non O. He doesn't know on what grounds they were given it though.

Try KL.

Thanks James, we are in very different circumstances though. I have been on multi non B with work permit for 5 years, and have all tax receipts etc. everything is perfect.

I will try at Penang for it anyway, may as well as I already have the ticket. Lawyer called me back this afternoon and said that it IS possible to get it, he had one client got it yesterday but he said be sure to take work permit along. His client got it on the 2nd try, first time through an agency they wouldn't give it. I will go myself to the embassy this time.

I will report back on the 24th this month as to how it went.

Go to KL, with a Work Permit and the right papers, plus the 'special mark' you will get a one year multiple non B.

Check this link :Special Work Permit Marking