Non-imm 'b'

What do you mean by partnership?

What do you mean by "better half"? GF or married?

What do you mean by "legal"?

Where did you obtain the 90 day visa? On what grounds?

The straight answer to your question is NO. Consulates WILL issue 1 year multi B's.

But whether you qualify depends upon your being a tad more specific.

If you satisfy the requirements you could "convert" to 1 year multi in Thailand.

You should do the work permit process and then an extension of your stay when down to 30 days remaining. You can not get a multi entry "visa" inside Thailand and are not likely to get outside either as you appear to have work here and should be using a work permit and extension of stay process. Sunbelt and Indo-Siam can answer any work permit questions you might have (either free or fee).

Thai consulates can and do issues 12 month multi entries on the strength of doing "business" in Thailand. Hull is not the only place.

I see nothing in the post to indicate he is working in Thailand although that certainly appears to be his intention.

When I used the term "convert" I meant the extension of stay process.

Lopburi 3 - your advice may be sound but you have failed to answer the specific question. Not for the first time alas.

Sorry chaps, I'll be a bit more specific...

Our old company was UK based but now we are re-locating to Thailand full time, makes more sense.

I am opening a limited partnership with my GF. The applications, WP, company formation etc. are already going through via my lawyer in Kan so should all be done in the next few weeks.

My main question regarding the 1 year visa was mainly because I've got friends here who tell conflicting stories. Some say "no worries" on the 1 year, just a quick trip to Penang with all my documents, others say "dream on, only 90 dayers being given".

Just seems to be a pain in the bottom to re-new every 90 days rather than just border hop.

I've heard something about extending at immigration and reporting every 90 days. Is this for non-imm 'B' or just retirees staying here...?

Although not new to LOS,have never gone down the "legal" route before...

Once you have the work permit you can go to immigration to request a one year extension of stay (subject to income requirements) and then you will never have to obtain a visa or make a border run again. You will have to report your address every 90 days in person or by post and obtain a re-entry permit prior to any travel out of the country. And feel good about being legal. :o

I will use western terms here to make it simple,

Normally the Public officer (Owner / Manager)will request the W/P. You know who that is as the Business will have a yellow ID card, with the Owner/Manager's name and Photo. It is like your G/F's Id card only yellow.

She should have applied for a 1 year WP. When you get the W/P you then go to Suan Phlu and get the Owner / Manager to apply for an extension of your NON-B to align with your W/P.

After they do that, you go back downstairs @ Suan Phlu and pay for a Multi-re-entry Permit.

OR, if you have about 50,000 Baht spare, you can get a lawyer to do it all for you and save yourself alot of aggravation and waiting.

Up to you. - Tham Jai Khun

:o

Do I have to go to Suan Phlu...? Can I go to my local immigration?

No you don't have to go to Soi Suan Phlu, I just assumed your location was Bangkok.

Yes, go to your local Immigration, my local guy is great, normally discuss any immigration matters over Pad Kapow and a light refreshment. Sometimes things are very civilised in the jungle.

PS

If all the necessary documentation is not in place on expiry of you current visa you will need to exit the country. Get another 90 day visa (KL, Penang...wherever). You will need is a letter from your company. An example is accessible from this site homepage.